colepenhagen

Buddy Hield 2018-2019 Outlook

As I was saying, he will produce if they play for the win. Memphis going down and Buddy with hefty numbers. 

FEELING GIDDY WITH BUDDY!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

You're welcome, fellow Hield owners ...I benched him, so obviously it was time for him to go off

Thank you, kind stranger.

• Like 1

Concerns for Buddy would be return of Bogdan (and general wackiness with Kings rotation) and regression in his 3P% (47% at the moment). Can see high-teens scoring and 2.0 3PM with a 45% FG% but minutes will be the key factor.

1 minute ago, backyardballer said:

Concerns for Buddy would be return of Bogdan (and general wackiness with Kings rotation) and regression in his 3P% (47% at the moment). Can see high-teens scoring and 2.0 3PM with a 45% FG% but minutes will be the key factor.

Buzzkill!!!!  haha, actually I do share your concerns but on the flip side the Kings have a winning record and Buddy has been a big part of that.  Bogdan will get his minutes but hopefully they are more at the expense of Shumpert and Buddy still gets 30+.   But I guess you never know with the Kings.

4 minutes ago, nyfresh1 said:

Buzzkill!!!!  haha, actually I do share your concerns but on the flip side the Kings have a winning record and Buddy has been a big part of that.  Bogdan will get his minutes but hopefully they are more at the expense of Shumpert and Buddy still gets 30+.   But I guess you never know with the Kings.

I mean don't get me wrong I am high on Buddy's prospects this year but there are some looming issues. I'd be happy to hold onto him through the season but it would be a good time to sell if you get someone to believe he's a low 20s scorer at ~50% FG%.

2 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

I mean don't get me wrong I am high on Buddy's prospects this year but there are some looming issues. I'd be happy to hold onto him through the season but it would be a good time to sell if you get someone to believe he's a low 20s scorer at ~50% FG%.

Completely agree.  Unfortunately I don't think he has built up enough trade value yet to sell high.  Not sure people trust him due to the concerns you mentioned.

I think the return of Bogi is good for Buddy tbh. Should allow him to not have to take on such a bigger role as their secondary handler which should help him get more 3PA. A shooter like him shouldn't be averaging less than 5 3PA a game. The assists will go down but he should see more open looks and he'll still contribute on the boards due to his motor

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

I think the return of Bogi is good for Buddy tbh. Should allow him to not have to take on such a bigger role as their secondary handler which should help him get more 3PA. A shooter like him shouldn't be averaging less than 5 3PA a game. The assists will go down but he should see more open looks and he'll still contribute on the boards due to his motor

I agree. And so does the KingsFans forum. 9-cat owners want those turnovers down from 2.7 back in the 1s, and Bogie should be the 2nd ballhandler the team needs. He is a ticking time bomb with the ball when he has to dribble too often.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:29 AM, backyardballer said:

Never been a high steals kind of player - feel like he'll settle in the 0.5-0.8 stl / game range rather than 1+

Actually was at 1.6 for 2nd half of last year i think...so I'm fully expecting over 1 / game for the season.  It will come.  

On 10/24/2018 at 6:23 AM, bsu27 said:

bradley beal 2.0

please trade him Sac

Knock on wood.  But he may be better off on SAC? Jagger finally playing him big minutes. 

47 minutes ago, Identikit said:

I would try to sell high. He's not this efficient. 

yes he is....he's Steph 2.0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is a walking bucket. If SAC doesn't want to use him 30+ mins they should trade him, he is Beal 2.0

damn 11 rebs too, out rebounding all my bigs. maybe vivek knew what he was doing when he traded dmc for hield.