colepenhagen

Buddy Hield 2018-2019 Outlook

On 10/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, skyjogger13 said:

had high hopes for this dude..thought he was going to go off with Bogdan on the shelf but wtf IMAN? welp..

I feel your pain he's been such a disappointment.

• Haha 1

I’m in such pain every day watching his box score knowing I dropped him for no reason for brook lopez just to get some

blocks

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I’m in such pain every day watching his box score knowing I dropped him for no reason for brook lopez just to get some

blocks

dont worry. i dropped draymond green the 1st year he went off for spencer hawes. 

• Haha 2

I'M LOVING MY BUDDY! GETTING GIDDY ABOUT BUDDY!!! I had him begged for a monster year when scouting for the season. Missed out two picks before my turn and was so bummed. Then traded him in and instantly after that he WENT OFF!

I Love Buddy HIELD! IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT YOU DONT LIKE NBA BASKETBALL!!!

Dave Joerger has miraculously avoided being a wanker this year, so I am hoping that when BB is healthy, he slides into the 3 and they keep Hield at the 2.  Justin Jackson sucks and this team is playing really well, so hopefully Dips**t Dave doesn't do something to mess it up.

Edited by jmoney23
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I really ddo not know if I still want to sell high. Damn.

not a bad idea..if you can get back top 50 do it

I wouldn't sell for any less tho..he can legit. finish top 50 n playoff schedule 4-4-4 ...sex

17 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

not a bad idea..if you can get back top 50 do it

I wouldn't sell for any less tho..he can legit. finish top 50 n playoff schedule 4-4-4 ...sex

I play roto, so I do not care about fantasy playoffs ? maybe I try to build a package involving hield to get a top15 player

1 hour ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I play roto, so I do not care about fantasy playoffs ? maybe I try to build a package involving hield to get a top15 player

yea I tried that for kawhi (sitting b2b's H2h league) and got called an idiot ha

might need more than a 5 game hot streak for other owners (that didn't own him 2nd half last year) to jump on board and give him the value and respect he deserves 

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

might need more than a 5 game hot streak for other owners (that didn't own him 2nd half last year) to jump on board and give him the value and respect he deserves 

Lol except once he does that his owners will want even more.

It never balances, what a player's owner thinks "fair value"  is and what the market is willing to pay, does it?

50 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol except once he does that his owners will want even more.

It never balances, what a player's owner thinks "fair value"  is and what the market is willing to pay, does it?

its rare but it usually happens with the owners that are consistently in the top half of leagues that actually try to get trades done without huge ownership bias and trying to improve their build, rather than sending out garbage offers over and over and hoping to trade rape someone. in basketball it seems that everyone tries to win a trade by a landslide. in basketball it is pretty easy to evaluate most players value based on what stats they offer and their track record (for veteran players.) (you know evan Fournier has little chance to finish in the top 50 so when he gets traded as a top 25 player last year for example after his hot start its pretty funny as you can see his improvement isn't sustainable with his shooting % as he still lacks the steals, assists, blks, reb, ect) end of rant. sorry owner honestly wonders why I wont trade Covington for parker and evan Fournier ha

now with players that are young and improving its harder to gauge the value but that mostly comes down to consistent min and pecking order on their team USG.

could buddy hield be a mini/lite lillard minus the dimes and return top 30 value if he gets 32 min a game? possible but by the time/if that that happens there is really no reason to trade him. unless you can package him with another piece for top 15 player.

still looks like its too soon to sell high on hield if you are shooting for something better than a top 50 player (which I think is lateral move but that my ownership bias right there ha)

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

yea I tried that for kawhi (sitting b2b's H2h league) and got called an idiot ha

Uh Kawhi? I guess that's selling high lol, hes still top 5 atm

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Uh Kawhi? I guess that's selling high lol, hes still top 5 atm

ha not 1 for 1. I still think most owners view kawhi as a top 12-15 player in h2h with his inj history. and I own kawhi 

• Like 1

I've been offered Aldridge for Buddy.   I'm loving Buddy so far but I may take this deal.    I think Buddy will be good for the year but he can't sustain this shooting % and the return of Bogdan I would think would cut into his usage and assist total.

Sorry if this is AC forum info, just thought it could help show his current trade value

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nyfresh1 said:

I've been offered Aldridge for Buddy.   I'm loving Buddy so far but I may take this deal.    I think Buddy will be good for the year but he can't sustain this shooting % and the return of Bogdan I would think would cut into his usage and assist total.

Sorry if this is AC forum info, just thought it could help show his current trade value

I have 2 teams, I own Buddy on both. I would take LMA asap on one and pretty sure on other but I would evaluate. Lets be honest LMA fix roster after.

• Thanks 1

I think the good thing with Buddy is that he's a great shooter (+40% from 3), and has the chance to end up between 45-48% FG on the season...meaning he won't tank your FG (or less likely to)...and now the auxiliary stats are kicking back in.  

That is just what I have been saying. Buddy will KILL IT if Sacramento plays for win. If not... It's nasty and ugly af.

They just need to delegate Shump to the deepest trenches of the bench. The dude was a -35 in 22 minutes.

Edited by HerrMcKenzie

On 2018-11-02 at 8:03 PM, nyfresh1 said:

I traded buddy and Collison for Fournier and Otto Porter. 

I’m expecting slight regression for buddy from this hot hot hot streak (but not much), but more importantly an Otto bounce back. 

But honestly, I think there’s a decent chance they end up near each other in rankings this year. Buddy is legit. 

I’m just betting on the upside that Otto’s talent will let him bounce back. 

So yea there’s a potentially buy low guy that ppl could try to swap Hield for. Otto’s owners are prob pretty disappointed by now. 

Was actually considering trading love for this guy but I think that's a bit too low... That said I would love to own this guy, just waiting for a cold streak before I strike.