colepenhagen

Buddy Hield 2018-2019 Outlook

I don’t usually trade the best player in the deal but accepted a M Gasol for Hield/Gallo/Kanter deal. Needed depth - was starting to roster guys like Justin Holiday and Marcus Morris from WW.

I don’t really care for Gallo/Kanter (happy if I get 20-30 Top 50 games from Gallo before he goes down), but thought Hield was a nice ‘floor’ for the deal.

Am a believer of the Hield upside ROS despite Bog’s eventual return.

I've watched most Kings games this season (actually not painful to watch like the past several years), and Buddy is a pure shooter and scorer. As others said, he won't be shooting above 50% the whole season...but I'm sure his steals will pick up as well. Bballmonster projects him 4th round for the season - sounds about right to me. Well, as long as the Kings keep winning. Go Kings!

If he can average a 1.5 steals a game, and continue with the decently efficient scoring, he can easily be top 50 player....

He averaged 1.1 steals last year, but right now he's only at 0.5... Great steal off the waiver tho! 

• Like 1

He’s touched might get affected once bojan is up and running.   But very happy with buddy performance so far !!

I'm not afraid of Bogdan. But I think his steals are down for good. He might be staying at home this year more on D and focus on more discplined defense. He is not gambling for steals. He has changed his mindset and that keeps him on the floor more (+ winning).

FYI Joerger mentioned in preseason how much he wanted to run a Fox/Buddy/Bogi lineup, so don't look for Bogi to steal some of Buddy's minutes once he's fully ready to go and not on a minutes restriction.

• Thanks 1

Even when he's bad, he's good. Salvaged a night that started 2-8 real quick. A late round steal

• Thanks 1

Content with the production and not surprised at the results with the minutes/opportunity but.. same sentiment as everyone else. Where r the stealz? I think the best we can hope for is a season average of 1 a game and thats if he trends up in that category. 

What would Buddy owners like in return for a 1 for 1 trade? Trying to trade Hield for Fox, I need the dimessss

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN

4 hours ago, Navsehit said:

If he can average a 1.5 steals a game, and continue with the decently efficient scoring, he can easily be top 50 player....

He averaged 1.1 steals last year, but right now he's only at 0.5... Great steal off the waiver tho! 

He is currently in top 50 for 9 cat.If he can avg 1.5 stl/g then he will be top 36 player.

• Like 1

I think buddy will be fine.

Bogi will take some backup 1 minutes I read too.

It's really looking like the pelicans gave up on hield too early.

40 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

I think buddy will be fine.

Bogi will take some backup 1 minutes I read too.

It's really looking like the pelicans gave up on hield too early.

Gave up on him?  They got Cousins in return lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royalm said:

Even when he's bad, he's good. Salvaged a night that started 2-8 real quick. A late round steal

His rebounds are really eye opening and change his fantasy profile considerably. If he keeps this up, this level of boards from a guard make him really interesting and allow you to cover for a big man who doesn't really rebound. 

• Like 1

really loving his game so far and he is my 12th pick:lol:  but I am getting off the train now by packaging him and allen for m.gasol.. not sure if its a good move but somehow I am a bit worried with his touches after bogdan^2 return and that over 50% fg% is sustainable of not:huh: This should be his breakout year though so enjoy the ride guys!

2 hours ago, sasuke7201 said:

really loving his game so far and he is my 12th pick:lol:  but I am getting off the train now by packaging him and allen for m.gasol.. not sure if its a good move but somehow I am a bit worried with his touches after bogdan^2 return and that over 50% fg% is sustainable of not:huh: This should be his breakout year though so enjoy the ride guys!

I packaged him and prince for butler and wcs in my keeper league. 

I am high on him him but I have the feeling this is the peak. 

Edited by jayreyd
  • Like 1

I avoided him in all drafts because I just didn’t think he could produce with any sort of consistency.  He’s certainly exceeded my expectations with his recent play.

11 minutes ago, jayreyd said:

I packaged him and prince for butler and wcs in my keeper league. 

I am high on him him but I have the feeling this is the peak. 

lol what

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, c_dog said:

I avoided him in all drafts because I just didn’t think he could produce with any sort of consistency.  He’s certainly exceeded my expectations with his recent play.

It was the coaching staff holding him back. This is the first time he’s been given consistent minutes since he arrived in sac town 

6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Gave up on him?  They got Cousins in return lol.

for a rental, in which they had to know it was a long shot to keep him.

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

lol what

What is funny?

Edited by jayreyd

3 minutes ago, jayreyd said:

What is funny?

you traded Hield +Prince for Butler + WCS? it's funny cause that is a lopsided trade and I would never accept that in any league I own butler + WCS

• Thanks 2

Just now, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

you traded Hield +Prince for Butler + WCS? it's funny cause that is a lopsided trade and I would never accept that in any league I own butler + WCS

It’s a an auction keeper league. Both Hield and prince are cheap. Both could put up top 30-40 seasons. Not so bad considering this was done prior to the trade. People were highly frustrated with him. 

2 minutes ago, jayreyd said:

It’s a an auction keeper league. Both Hield and prince are cheap. Both could put up top 30-40 seasons. Not so bad considering this was done prior to the trade. People were highly frustrated with him. 

Butler is putting up top 10 value... Hield & Prince would have to play at their ceiling for the rest of the season to reach top 40...

Most people won't even trade Butler for Hield & Prince but you also got WCS? Laffable.

• Thanks 3