colepenhagen

Buddy Hield 2018-2019 Outlook

Buddy seems to be very one dimensional player with streaky tendencies... Not sold on his attacking prowess, not sold at all. Just watched Beal and Lou Will play last night and those guys are so much more complete attacking players who can make a difference even when not hitting shots well. Playmaking, driving, just being creative with their attacking. Buddy not there at all. Way below. WAY. 

1 hour ago, JormaJormala said:

Buddy seems to be very one dimensional player with streaky tendencies... Not sold on his attacking prowess, not sold at all. Just watched Beal and Lou Will play last night and those guys are so much more complete attacking players who can make a difference even when not hitting shots well. Playmaking, driving, just being creative with their attacking. Buddy not there at all. Way below. WAY. 

While that may be true, as long as you didn’t reach for him on draft day or have rode out the waves in dynasty, I would think people are happy with his scoring, rebounds, and minutes/role this year. I know I am. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

im happy with his pts and 3s. maybe a little disappointed with lesser stls but all is good because i know what im getting. didn't expect him to be like beal who can help you in multi-cat or lou will who is a very good basketball player in real life. there is real life basketball, and there is fantasy basketball. so long as you didn't get buddy in the first 5 rounds, those 3s and pts are gold.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:25 PM, JormaJormala said:

I agree with this. He's improved for sure, but he still struggles with creating his own shots and handling the ball under pressure. I was actually wondering if the coaching staff should make a better effort to get him freed up for catch and shoot opportunities (like the ones for Redick or Klay). Defenders are sticking closely to him now, so often when he gets the ball he'll just move around a bit before tossing it back out to point. I imagine if they worked in more screens for him, with his energy and speed, he could be pretty effective running without the ball and get freed up for a lot more better shots.

Obviously, I'm an armchair critic...but just a thought that crossed my mind watching him play this season.

Basically Tobias Harris from 2017-2018. I feel like he isn't getting the love he deserves , buddy's adp I believe is somewhere in the 90s , he's easily top 50 and would become a monster with 1 steals per game.

keep it going buddy

• Like 2

I feel like some of y'all are just complaining too much about Buddy Hield. There is no way that you guys selected him high enough to be disappointed with Hield's yield.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LW_00 said:

I feel like some of y'all are just complaining too much about Buddy Hield. There is no way that you guys selected him high enough to be disappointed with Hield's yield.

Exactly I got him in the 11th round and he's out producing cj mccul by a whole round of value.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Exactly I got him in the 11th round and he's out producing cj mccul by a whole round of value.

Exactly. He has a higher ranking in standard leagues than Klay Thompson. I dont understand why people are complaining. It's not a strong argument at this point. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LW_00 said:

I got him by trading Kris Dunn (which I got from ww lol). So basically, I got him for free. What I don't understand is people still keeps on posting rants when Buddy is playing so good vs elite 3pt-shooters.

Well, people are even complaining about Davis in the other forum so I think it's human nature that people can't be satisfied. lol

• Like 1

He is dismantling the Warriors singlehandedly. Wow.

imagine if this guy could muster a single steal a game??? Top 25... 

• Like 6

Thought he would outshoot curry on this one! But he has been a beast this season! 😍

4 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

imagine if this guy could muster a single steal a game??? Top 25... 

He'll get you 0.7-0.8 soon enough , top 35 ros

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mmart_ph said:

Thought he would outshoot curry on this one! But he has been a beast this season! 😍

I'm pissed off I missed out on him! :(

Top 5 shooter in the NBA and is one of my favourite players to watch this year. Added the pull-up jumper and the ability to step back and create space which has really helped him. If he was 6ft6 with a tighter dribble he would probably be one of the best scorers in the NBA. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Steph 2.0

minus the handles, passing, and steals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Top 5 shooter in the NBA and is one of my favourite players to watch this year. Added the pull-up jumper and the ability to step back and create space which has really helped him. If he was 6ft6 with a tighter dribble he would probably be one of the best scorers in the NBA. 

I think another off-season of training and working on his handles...will only help him to improve overall game.  The best is yet to come!

• Like 1