JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

This guy has the tools for a modern NBA center but I dont get the sense that these Knicks know where they're going. There's no way they can get to the playofffs but they're still playing Kanter and THJ heavy minutes. WTH Phil

I just don’t see consistent minutes or production from him. At least before the AS break. Maybe if Canter gets traded and the Knicks go in full developmental mode.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, ellejamil said:

There's no way they can get to the playofffs but they're still playing Kanter and THJ heavy minutes. WTH Phil

Do you want bad teams to rest their best players or something? If you're not a top 15 team, play your best players 20 minutes? Really don't get what you're implying. 

31 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I just don’t see consistent minutes or production from him. At least before the AS break. Maybe if Canter gets traded and the Knicks go in full developmental mode.

Vonleh is the backup right now, but I think based on his upside, Robinson can take that role. Is he a proactive add at this point?

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal

4 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

But isn't he the backup to Canter, assuming he's over his ankle injury. I think there's a pathway to 20 minutes for him, he can be productive, we saw flashes of it in the preseason. 

Noah Vonleh is backing up Canter so Mitch is 3rd string. He’s has some talent but he’s raw.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Vonleh is the backup right now, but I think based on his upside, Robinson can take that role. Is he a proactive add at this point?

Too son for standard leagues. But you can add him to your radar. Zach Collins would be a better add if he’s available.

• Like 1

Starting tonight.... anything to see here?

8 minutes ago, K50K said:

Starting tonight.... anything to see here?

Fiz is toying with line-ups. Wait and see further down the road. 

Edited by HarmStrong

Definitely looked like he’s belonged out there. Should’ve had a block tonight but got screwed by the refs. He did a great job of getting position in the paint and was wide open multiple times but his teammates didn’t look for him. 

Watched the game. Pretty sure they unleash this guy sooner rather than later. Kid looked good out there in switching and on defense. Pretty sure the coach loves what he does defensively. Looks better out there imo compared to Kanter. Only reason Kanter plays is coz Knicks are so devoid of scoring. This kid is the future next to Kristaps.

16 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Do you want bad teams to rest their best players or something? If you're not a top 15 team, play your best players 20 minutes? Really don't get what you're implying. 

I'm implying that at this point for the Knicks, development should take over playoff aspirations. So more minutes for this guy

I want to add him, but that makes me rostering 3 Knicks: Kanter, Dotson and Robinson......

it is encouraging that they already started willing to give him minutes such early in the season. He will be unleashed after the ASB

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Markillies said:

he is going to start rest of season?

Not sure but knicks are playing for lottery and kanter can’t play defense to save his life. 

From this morning's NY Daily News:

“It’s a tough juggle. Yeah for sure. But I’ve got to be up front with him and honest with (Kanter),” Fizdale said. “We all understand where our team is at and what we’re trying to accomplish right now. One way or another we do have to bring our puppies along. We need their help with that. They’re a big part of developing this culture and developing these young guys while we try to figure out who we win games. So I really lean on them for that. But it’s always going to be a juggle from that standpoint of how much do you play the young guys but still keeping your veterans engaged and finding that balance because you’ve got to development these youngsters.”

I translate this as: I have to be honest with Kanter. Robinson needs to start, despite the fact that the Knicks may lose.

No guarantees, but it is possible that the change sticks. If Robinson starts tonight, he will start going forward.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sports-knicks-main-enes-kanter-david-fizdale-20181028-story.html

• Thanks 5