JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, justblazedawg said:

Spoke too soon. He fouled out in 16 min LOL wtf man?

Lol definitely bench him when he goes against the Detroit front court, they bullies down there

Drop and he will get the 5x5 next game.

5 pts, 5 blocks, 5 rebs 6 fouls in 5 mins mark my words

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, munky said:

Mmm.. seems like he'll miss that 5x5 because of the rebs. 

Gonna end up with a 5x4 lol.

6 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Spoke too soon. He fouled out in 16 min LOL wtf man?

That was last week, today was tails. 

1 hour ago, CanucksForever said:

hes killing me lol.....would you guys drop him for Nance?

easily, i mean Nance should be picked up regardless tbh

I’ve held all year and I’m coming to the breaking point here. I wil prob end up dropping for Nance even though I expect Nances min to be in the teens again in the very near future.  It’s just a foul athon when Rob is In and it’s kind of funny but sad. I’ll say it again but he should be in the D league right now learning the fundamentals of b ball. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I’ve held all year and I’m coming to the breaking point here. I wil prob end up dropping for Nance even though I expect Nances min to be in the teens again in the very near future.  It’s just a foul athon when Rob is In and it’s kind of funny but sad. I’ll say it again but he should be in the D league right now learning the fundamentals of b ball. 

Yeah I totally agree.....watching him play, he literally jumps for everything

I actually did just drop him for Nance...I have a feeling that Robinson is now gonna get 10 blocks today and make me regret so much :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, cochise316 said:

Embiid is gonna bully this guy tonight. Like 5 fouls in 5 minutes bully. DROP HIM NOW, SAVE YOURSELVES!!! :D

LOLLLLLLL Embiid gonna take him to school

I will remain a believer. 

He's going to have a lot of duds, fellas. He's going to alternate between serviceable lines and duds. He's a rookie big man who didn't play college ball. If you're in a competitive, deeper league (14+), you can't drop him. He's going to get better, and he's already showed the ability to anchor teams in blocks. 

As the season progresses, and the Knicks fall further out of playoff contention, his minutes will uptick. He's already averaging just under 2 blks and just under a stl in 17 minutes in his first season in the NBA. 

Hold him for the upside/progression. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tremixt said:

I will remain a believer. 

He's going to have a lot of duds, fellas. He's going to alternate between serviceable lines and duds. He's a rookie big man who didn't play college ball. If you're in a competitive, deeper league (14+), you can't drop him. He's going to get better, and he's already showed the ability to anchor teams in blocks. 

As the season progresses, and the Knicks fall further out of playoff contention, his minutes will uptick. He's already averaging just under 2 blks and just under a stl in 17 minutes in his first season in the NBA. 

Hold him for the upside/progression. 

The problem isn't the minutes. I know for sure he can get the minutes later, but its the inability to stay on the floor with all these fouls thats going to make it difficult for him to stay on the court with his RAW skills. Fast foward to all star break, sure he'll start again and they begin the full tank mode is all fine and dandy. Can he stay on the floor tho? 

Edited by triple_threat

I imagine some of you owners either don't own any stocks or will be greying by your late-20s. Stop looking at his box scores. He's a stash, nothing more and nothing less. What he does in November literally does not matter at all. I wouldn't even own him in H2H but if you have him in roto, you're probably not starting him for months anyway in leagues of standard depth.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, munky said:

ahahah

SO TRUE ! :D 

2 hours ago, taenggg said:

still holding in my 12T H2H. Fits the build see no reason to move on. 

same. but as soon as i do see a reason to move on, like a center breaking out on the wire (maybe Bamba at some point soon or Bam if Whiteside gets injured) I will move on quickly and hope to get him back later if he eventually puts it together and starts to stay on the floor so he can actually get quality mins. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richg24 said:

same. but as soon as i do see a reason to move on, like a center breaking out on the wire (maybe Bamba at some point soon or Bam if Whiteside gets injured) I will move on quickly and hope to get him back later if he eventually puts it together and starts to stay on the floor so he can actually get quality mins. 

Yeah this is all fair. Even in roto I'd drop him for the right player, but it'd have to be a superior stash, and my wire doesn't have any superior stashes. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I've dropped him twice already and nobody has picked him up in a H2H 12T competitive league. I just dropped him for the 3rd time - let's see what happens lol I think he's a safe drop in most leagues, he'll clear waivers and you can pick him up again if he can put together even 2 good games in a row.

He should petition to the league to lift the fouls limit. This dude would be GOAT for sure. 

Edited by munky