JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

42 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

are people still holding him? he just got dropped in my 16 team league.

Woah. Hes a borderline hold in 12 team leagues depending on your blks, but on a 16 team? He might be a game changer. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

Woah. Hes a borderline hold in 12 team leagues depending on your blks, but on a 16 team? He might be a game changer. 

would you drop tyreke evans for him?

14 minutes ago, Larsso777 said:

Time to add in 12 teams league ?

Why now? Bc he's gonna be healthy soon or? I stashed him until his injury but he wasn't doing s--- for me in a points league.

Will he be a better add ROS than Kornet? Let's say Kanter is out of rotation, will the Knicks want to develop Robinson more than Kornet? 

Robinson's worst enemy is himself.  If he could stop the fouls he'd be playing all the minutes he could handle.  Unless he's figured out how to be less foul prone while sitting out with this injury I can't see him being better than he was earlier in the season when Fizdale decided to bench Kanter in favor of giving Robinson starts.  He should be a good source of blocks but the inconsistency isn't going to have suddenly disappeared.  His averages during his starting stint (20 min, 6 points, 5 boards, 2 blocks) sounds about right to repeat.

Holding on to this dude because I feel like he'll start to play even better with 20+ minutes a game in the future once the tank is on and Kanter's presence is totally obsolete. I even added Kornet to my team just to see where that leads for the moment but Mitch Robinson is the guy they drafted so I imagine he'll get his chance in the foreseeable future

With all the Enes Kanter drama, I think 12+ teams should keep an eye on this guy. We might see Mitchell closing out the second half of this season as the starting center over Kornet. Keyword "might". Fizdale's rotations are terrible. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I think I'll add him before the next Knicks game to see what happens.

Don't be surprise he will foul out in 10 mins,lol

Edited by kane

we need a NYK and Fizdale expert to really see what's coming.

Luke Kornet is making a lot of noise as a stretch 5. Mitchell Robinson while having all the skills to be a good defensive player, still needs some time to get out  of ticky-tack fouls. I say, it's a time-share between those two.

1 hour ago, kane said:

Don't be surprise he will foul out in 10 mins,lol

I wouldn't be. I stashed him him all season knowing he wouldn't get consistent minutes until later on in the year but dropped him after he got hurt bc he hadn't made noise and I figured he'd go under the radar. 

Kanter is bitching his way out of the court so I think it'll be an open competition between Big Meech and Kornet.

9 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

With kanter being potentially traded 

do we run to get Mitch?

2 players will be up his usage like Vonleh + Robinson.

Maybe more Vonley with the trouble of Robinson to stay on the court ( Fouling out)

19 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

2 players will be up his usage like Vonleh + Robinson.

Maybe more Vonley with the trouble of Robinson to stay on the court ( Fouling out)

this guy needs to show he can play 5 minutes without 3 or 4 fouls.

Fiz will try Mitch at the 5 and Kornet at the 4, with Vonleh backing up both.

Kornet would be a stand-in for Porzingis. This is all the ideal scenario for the Knicks.

Just now, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Kornet would be a stand-in for Porzingis. This is all the ideal scenario for the Knicks.

Agree...But Robinson can’t stay more than 30minutes with his foul trouble..

Plus, Fiz like so much Vonley.

So, whatever If Vonley comes to the bench or not..He will produce more If Kanter leave NY for « free »

9 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Doubt it. I understand Vonleh's history and the fact that he'll be a free agent, but he's the same age as Porzingis so if they like him (and they do) then it makes sense to keep him and develop him.

Even if the Knicks get KD, Zion, and everything else on their wishlist, Vonleh can still have a role in the starting lineup as a Draymond Green role (low usage, facilitator, high IQ, defense, can stretch the floor). Even with the 2nd unit, he'd still be very valuable bc he can do that plus be a 2nd-3rd scoring option when he plays alongside Mudiay, THJ, Knox, Kornet, or whoever.

i rather own vonleh than mitchell. he has all the potential in the world however he is still really raw. best case would be he becomes like a poor man's whiteside if kanter is moved out. 

36 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i rather own vonleh than mitchell. he has all the potential in the world however he is still really raw. best case would be he becomes like a poor man's whiteside if kanter is moved out. 

As someone who rode the first season early on the Qhiteside train, Hassan was a poor man's Whiteside until he wasn't. In most leagues he's far enough out of the potential to leave out there until things start happening.