JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Kornet's out a few weeks.  Looks like a decent grab now, even if Kanter might take a good chunk of minutes as starting C.  I feel so bad for Kanter; it seems like the Knicks actually do really really well with Kanter in there, at least on offense.  If only Kanter and Mitch could play together.  :/

Btw I'll take a 8-6-1-2 on amazing %s all day.  If he fouls out with that line in 15 minutes every game, that's 12-team gold.  Oh yeah, and he averages like, half a turnover or something.  

Edited by MWon

@XOrad10:  Absolutely no problem with Kanter starting.  In fact, Mitch playing against weaker benches should work out well for him and Fitz trying to maximize Mitch's minutes speaks to his trust in the big guy (well, not the fouling part).

• Like 4

Scored 10 points in 6 minutes, got benched and never played again in the first half. Only 2 fouls, so...... WTF? LET HIM EAT FIDZ!!!

This kid fouled out in 17 minutes. With this production, he has so much more room to improve. Hopefully he figures it out. Kanters post game interview today was cleared that he wants to be out of NY.

He gets tagged for very ticky-tack fouls. For example, on one play, he did a fabulous job of blocking Harden, cleanly, then chased Harden down as Harden continued toward the basket, then tripped on Harden's shoe, collecting a foul.

It was a combo of spastic and excellent. Anyone remember Anthony Randolph?

I do still think the foul rate will get better. Mitch let drivers drive on several plays, to avoid getting called for a foul. And he still ended with 4 blocks.

• Like 4

Everyone in here seems upset with this game for some reason but this looks pretty good to me. He played until he had 6 fouls, that's literally the maximum amount of minutes coach could have given him. And more important still Kanter was a DNP-CD so they're clearly ready to primarily play the young guys at C.

This all seems like positive news for his value going forward (if he can ever manage to play 20 mins without fouling out).

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Plays Lance Thomas over Robinson. Okay, he's up there with Scott Brooks with the level of stupidity.

do you guys actually watch him play or just watch stats and make assumptions? this dude is LOST out there.... plenty of potential but this guy is as raw as raw can be...now, i know he blocked Harden TWICE on 3 pointers...but why the hell is he even out there guarding him in the first place...how many times Harden just blew by him? makes no sense. this guy has NO IDEA how to play with fouls. commits some of the most bone headed plays on defense knowing he has 5 fouls, its crazy....if Fiz gave him more minutes, he literally wouldnt make it to half time. Fiz said he is going to play him sporadically in order to preserve him for the entire game for this very reason...

on another note, why did yahoo only credit him with 3 blocks???

4 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

Yea that's weird. he had 4 but for some reason they took 1 away towards the end of the game. I got him in my 10team leauge and if he can get me 2-3 blocks a game to me thats golden

• Like 1

13 hours ago, qpeeters said:

Everyone in here seems upset with this game for some reason but this looks pretty good to me. He played until he had 6 fouls, that's literally the maximum amount of minutes coach could have given him. And more important still Kanter was a DNP-CD so they're clearly ready to primarily play the young guys at C.

Don’t be surprised if Kanter is starting next week.  Fiz going to always Fizz. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

do you guys actually watch him play or just watch stats and make assumptions? this dude is LOST out there.... plenty of potential but this guy is as raw as raw can be...now, i know he blocked Harden TWICE on 3 pointers...but why the hell is he even out there guarding him in the first place...how many times Harden just blew by him? makes no sense. this guy has NO IDEA how to play with fouls. commits some of the most bone headed plays on defense knowing he has 5 fouls, its crazy....if Fiz gave him more minutes, he literally wouldnt make it to half time. Fiz said he is going to play him sporadically in order to preserve him for the entire game for this very reason...

They credited one as a steal and removed a block.

• Like 2

Honestly. Fizdale is an absolute nut job. Vonleh has been playing horribly and Mitchell, impressively, has kept his fouls down the past 2 games. Why the hell aren't you running him a little bit more... especially since vonleh is struggling? Play him 18 minutes instead of 12...sheesh.

Since Kanter left the rotation, there have been 4 games, in which Mr. Robinson has AVERAGED 3.0 blocks. That is tied for 3rd best in the league. The guy single-handedly wins a category.

With upside from here.

Fouls schmouls. Last time I checked fouls don't reduce stats. I've seen some struggle to put up 10 points and 2 blocks with over 40 minutes of opportunity and this guy can do it in a quarter of that.

Edited by Crazycanto

He's coming around guys. Fouls are going down, the amazing block numbers are still there and the scoring seems to be coming in too. I'm sure the minutes will come soon.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

Fouls schmouls. Last time I checked fouls don't reduce stats. I've seen some struggle to put up 10 points and 2 blocks with over 40 minutes of opportunity and this guy can do it in a quarter of that.

Yuppp. And to be fair he's gotten 1 foul in todays game and last. So his fouls are away down but fizdale isn't playing him.

Fizzdale continues to be a disgrace. Mitch no foul trouble 3 straight games and just isn't playing him. This comes after Fizz said just 5 days ago playing the young guys (Mitch) is a priority. And with no Kanter and Kornet around its just even more criminal. 

Edited by chud12