JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

I don't mind DJ starting, as long as Mitchell is getting 2+ blocks per game. 

I don't mind if they run no plays for him, as long as he gets enough minutes to get O-Rebs and putbacks.

• Like 1

Dude is a machine. Could win you blocks by himself.

• Like 1

Damn its gonna hurt dropping him to stream tomorrow

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, n3gative said:

giphy.gif

Seriously lol.. Is the rest of your league gonna be in a coma allowing you to pick him back up :mellow:

1 hour ago, n3gative said:

giphy.gif

Unfortunately I have to. My next worst players are Bagley, Portis, Parker, and Isaac (Points league). I'm up against the second seed who I'm tied with, so I'd love to secure that first round bye.

24 minutes ago, yeet said:

Unfortunately I have to. My next worst players are Bagley, Portis, Parker, and Isaac (Points league). I'm up against the second seed who I'm tied with, so I'd love to secure that first round bye.

Drop Parker immediately 

33 minutes ago, yeet said:

In points leagues, Mitch Rob is pretty much useless. He's not even remotely ownable in my leagues 

Parker is gonna feast , he’s exactly what the wizards need. M Robinson learning from DJ tho and that’s why teams bring veterans to mentor 

The thing with this dude is, he rarely, if ever HURTS a 9-cat team. All he does is contribute, in blocks most of all, obviously. But he also gets multiple rebounds, makes most of his ft's (what little he has), doesn't turn the ball over, and has a great fg % (because most of his points are dunks/alley oops). Occasionally gets a steal or two as a bonus. I literally watched him stuff a jump shot, and then a 3 back-to-back off a team's offensive rebound yesterday. It was sick, and my team got two more blocks instead of only a measly rebound (had he focused on getting the offensive board instead). 

The only thing he has working against him, are fouls, and thus, has limited minutes. But most leagues, I know mine sure as hell doesn't, do not penalize for either. I went from last in blocks in my league to first (12th to 1st), and I have a cushion every week in a stat that can occasionally be so random due to its low volume. For a waiver wire pick-up, HE IGHT

8 minutes ago, ItsOjMang said:

But he also gets multiple rebounds, makes most of his ft's (what little he has), 

His FT% stinks he's at like .510 % lol

7 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

On 1.5 attempts per game though... hahaha!!! I doubt he’ll be the reason you lose ft%

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

On 1.5 attempts per game though... hahaha!!! I doubt he’ll be the reason you lose ft%

From January 25 to 30 it was pretty bad. 

He went 2/12 

If he plays 25 min + on a regular he can make you lose FT %. Of course playing 13 min per night he won't go to the line

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

5 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Yeah you're right, I just checked it and it is pretty much a**. Thanks for callin me out on that one though, BRO :lol::lol::P

HOWEVER... His ft's have shot up from 1.5 all season to 3 in the past 2 weeks. So allow me to me rephrase that - he has a s---y ft%, but he still has few ft attempts (3 at most) per game for his half n half ft% to really have a significant effect on your team. To put it into perspective, Drummond has a similar ft%, but attempts 5 per game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

LOL yes, and no. See above ---^

3 minutes ago, ItsOjMang said:

Yeah you're right, I just checked it and it is pretty much a**. Thanks for callin me out on that one though, BRO :lol::lol::P

HOWEVER... His ft's have shot up from 1.5 all season to 3 in the past 2 weeks. So allow me to me rephrase that - he has a s---y ft%, but he still has few ft attempts (3 at most) per game for his half n half ft% to really have a significant effect on your team. To put it into perspective, Drummond has a similar ft%, but attempts 5 per game.

You are right but Drummond plays 30 min + ... I think Mitchell (no fact checking) must play at best 13 min on average per game. Of course i'm nitpicking because he is valuable elsewhere even with limited time

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

24 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

i know u realized this was wrong, but i had him one week and i was shooting 74% from the line. i wondered what id be shooting without him...80%

He is getting more run than Thomas Bryant and producing. Maybe after the ASB the Knicks can unleash this beast.

Dropped Rabb for MRob....thinking he has a pretty strong finish to the season because I expect him to be semi unleashed after the break. 

Anyone who's thinking of dropping this guy to stream and possibly pick up again after he clears waivers, don't expect that to happen. Someone in one of my leagues dropped him a few days ago and three managers put in a claim on him (but I won the claim hehe)

3 hours ago, Hatfieldodger said:

He is getting more run than Thomas Bryant and producing. Maybe after the ASB the Knicks can unleash this beast.

The thing about “unleashing” him is that even if the knicks wanted to, they might not be able to. He’s done well lately but he’s perpetually in foul trouble, that tends to limit his PT more than anything else.

His blocks are extremely valuable in and sort of 8 or 9 cat league. 

He he has only played 39 of the 55 games for the Knicks. Is averaging 6pts 4 rbs amd 51% ft during those 39 games and the guy is still ranked right at 150 for cumulative stats in standard 9 cat leagues. That is silly. If he is able to chip in 10-12 points and get his rbs to 6-8, then he is a top 70 player and the guy barely knows how to play. He is just running around. His athletic profile is insane. Like Clint Capela on pogo sticks. 

• Like 1