JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

I'm thinking with some offseason improvement and significant minutes next year, he can average around 10/10 with over a steal and 3 blocks on 65% FG.  What's that good for?  Top 40?  

What's everyone thoughts on him dynasty wise? How does he stack up against someone like Jarrett Allen for example? Having watched both of them play, though not extensively, I find Robinson to be more intriguing long-term and I think his foul shooting could improve to above 70% in the years to come.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Slickthenick said:

What's everyone thoughts on him dynasty wise? How does he stack up against someone like Jarrett Allen for example? Having watched both of them play, though not extensively, I find Robinson to be more intriguing long-term and I think his foul shooting could improve to above 70% in the years to come.

Thoughts?

In dynasty, I think Robinson has more upside. I live in NY and watch a decent amount of both teams and Allen seems very limited offensively and not a physical force on the inside. Robinson is also limited offensively but seems to have a more athletic build that can dominate a game inside. Then again, Allen has a nice role in Brooklyn's offense while Robinson doesn't have one now and may get pushed even further back if the Knicks get players like Zion and some big name free agents. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

In dynasty, I think Robinson has more upside. I live in NY and watch a decent amount of both teams and Allen seems very limited offensively and not a physical force on the inside. Robinson is also limited offensively but seems to have a more athletic build that can dominate a game inside. Then again, Allen has a nice role in Brooklyn's offense while Robinson doesn't have one now and may get pushed even further back if the Knicks get players like Zion and some big name free agents. 

Sweet. I always appreciate when someone gets a better eye test. Those were some of the things I was thinking too, and I agree it's hard to know how each guy will develop and what the teams will do around them. 

2 hours ago, Slickthenick said:

Thoughts?

I think if you have either one you should be pretty happy.  Mitch's upside seems higher than Allen at this point...  

4 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

The thing about “unleashing” him is that even if the knicks wanted to, they might not be able to. He’s done well lately but he’s perpetually in foul trouble, that tends to limit his PT more than anything else.

No, I think that narrative is increasingly inaccurate. The foul rate has been trending down. Mitch has not had more than 3 fouls in the last 8 games, even though he is averaging about 20 minutes in these games. 

• Like 4

So is this guy a must grab in 10 teamers?? Or still to Big of a questionmark??

35 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

I mean. If your team needs blocks with someone that will definitely improve your fg% then yes. He isn't putting up many points and rebs are meh but if he got more mins going forward both will increase. Id prolly grab him either way if available so that no other team can get a guy that might average 3 blocks ros

37 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Wondering the same... would you rather Robinson or Portis?

dynasty wise this guy's profile SHOULD be through the roof as he is the rare rim-protecting, rebounding, great pick and roll center with high efficiency and low usage who also happens to make under 2 mill for the 3 years AFTER this season. 

Any smart team would really put the work in as he would be a terrific fit next to high usage monsters like durant and irving.

However, this is the knicks and they probably will botch this and sign demarcus cousing to put up popcorn stats, suck up usage and play s---y defense next to whatever other starts they get this summer

if knicks management has smarten up, you ll have a better version of clint capela, if not, he is useless dynasty wise (unless traded)

I think this guy is must own if you need blocks. The scoring and boards are slowly coming and he's reduced his fouls quite a bit too. Could be in for a massive post-ASB run

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Wondering the same... would you rather Robinson or Portis?

What lol , Portis hands down no question 

• Haha 1

This week, robinson, he has 5 games. ROS portis. I dropped okafor for robinson, means pretty much I locked FG and Blocks for this week 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

meetch is ranked higher than portis on the season and over last 30 days. if you really expect portis to stay this hot all year then yes lol, i personally dont and hes injury prone a f whereas meetch can win you blocks on any given week. its a no brainer for my team and porbably if you need blocks, meetch > portis

and blocks are a heck of a lot more valuable than pts and 3s. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

meetch is ranked higher than portis on the season and over last 30 days.  you really expect portis to stay this hot all year then yes lol, i personally dont and hes injury prone a f whereas meetch can win you blocks on any given week. its a no brainer for my team and porbably if you need blocks, meetch > portis

Mitch over portis all day. How many times do people need to be fooled by portis? He has never been an ros hold at any point in his career. He is just a guy who can score on trash teams and has no consistency and injury prone. The upside between the two of them is not even close. 

• Like 1

just to put it in perspective, 20 ppg is 3.33% of a 600 Point total for the week ( not even that strong of a point total) is he really gonna shoot 50% from 3 the rest of the season? hell no lol

1 block out of 30(which is a winning amount) is 3.33%. meetch is averaging over 2 a game lol...

• Like 1

Higher upside in their current situation ros: Zubac or Robinson? Zubac is a starter now, Mitch is still behind DeAndre right?

2 hours ago, spd2base said:

Higher upside in their current situation ros: Zubac or Robinson? Zubac is a starter now, Mitch is still behind DeAndre right?

I'd take Mitch's upside over IZ if Fizdale could make logical decisions, but what the Knicks do with Mitch's minutes RoS is a mystery.  I like to assume he will be seeing 20+ mpg which to me gives him better overall value. 

That said, if you are not needing the blocks (who doesn't want more blocks?) and find more value in high FT% then Zubac could be a better fit for your team.  

14 minutes ago, 80version said:

I'd take Mitch's upside over IZ if Fizdale could make logical decisions, but what the Knicks do with Mitch's minutes RoS is a mystery.  I like to assume he will be seeing 20+ mpg which to me gives him better overall value. 

That said, if you are not needing the blocks (who doesn't want more blocks?) and find more value in high FT% then Zubac could be a better fit for your team.  

I'm on the train tonight... who knows may make a couple stops

DJs  arrival seems to have helped this kid figure thinks out.. kinda.. last month he has been useful even in points leagues. I added him and hope for an even bigger breakout ROS

18 hours ago, RunCMC said:

LOL what, all Portis does is score which is on eof the easiest cats to find on the wire. How easy is it to find mitchs 2-4 blocks? This giy could be a game changer 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

LOL what, all Portis does is score which is on eof the easiest cats to find on the wire. How easy is it to find mitchs 2-4 blocks? This giy could be a game changer 

scoring is one of the hardest cats to find in the wire actually....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

scoring is one of the hardest cats to find in the wire actually....

No. Every player scores.  The point is that the difference to a teams scoring total is minimal between say a portis and some ither bum on wire who averages 14 ppg. Average point total lets say is like 600 for your team for the week. If someone scores 10 pts over 4 games 40 points vs. Someone scores 20 pts over 4 games 80 points. So 80 out of 600 v. 40. Still fairly small percentage...just over 10% of the scoring for portis and 5% for the other random guy.

Block totals for a week are usually very low so lets say around 25 is average (this is prob higher than a real 12 team average). And mitch averages 3 blocks that week over 4 games he will have 12 out of the 25 blocks which is nearly 50%. 

So you see the difference in impact on their respective strongest categories? Its humungous because mitch can often win you blocks but portis will not win you points alone. 

If you go to their next most impactful categories which is fg% for mitch and 3s for portis you get the same result but im not willing to set out the rough math. But basicslmy mitch starting to now average double figure points on nearly 80% fg...and that is nearly sustainable because of the way he gets his buckets they are nearly guaranteed to go in vs. Portis hitting a lot of 3s but your whole team prolly hits 3s nowadays and i regularly see 3pm totals over 60 for a week. Mitch will really help anchor fg even though the attempts are not that high, its high enough when he making like 80% that it anchors you. 

Lastly, we know portis is just hot lately and it can't continue because we have seen many times before and he fizzles out. He also is very regularly injured. Mitch on otherhand just started to trend up and everything looks sustainable and he still has a lot more upside to show as he gets more mins this season.

So don't make the mistake like others have here...actually nvm mitch is not on the wire anymore there is no way. 

• Like 2