JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Does Mitch does have a better ROS than Kanter? Seems like they’re both looking at similar minutes/roles. 

17 minutes ago, reverb said:

Does Mitch does have a better ROS than Kanter? Seems like they’re both looking at similar minutes/roles. 

Mitch>Kanter,those stls and blks are juicy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reverb said:

Easily. Kanter will likely be more consistent IF he gets 25ish minutes, but in scoring and boards only. Mitch's minutes are going up, fouls are coming down, and he's bringing the boards along with his elite shot-blocking.

Mitch will also prolly average 1-1.3 steals ehich is somewhat rare for a big man, especially a shot blocker

• Like 1

Said he will be that back in November...happy for my guy Mitchy Lobinson :ph34r:

Edited by dfstout

Mitch closed yesterday too...gonna be fun to watch...

Edited by dfstout

25 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Said he will be that back in November...happy for my guy Mitchy Lobinson :ph34r:

lol. he was not worth owning back then as we discussed but definitely is now....mad i dropped him last week, could use those blocks!!! kudos to those who did hold all year though...that took some extreme patience and faith....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

lol. he was not worth owning back then as we discussed but definitely is now....mad i dropped him last week, could use those blocks!!! kudos to those who did hold all year though...that took some extreme patience and faith....

Going forward you must listen to the November-you so the February/March/April-you is well taken care of...and by November-you I mean me... happy ballin homie...:ph34r:

Imagine having Robinson, Isaac, Covington, and Butler on the same team #StocksOnStocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Imagine having Robinson, Isaac, Covington, and Butler on the same team #StocksOnStocks

I have that in one of my teams.

We're at the point where it's a disappointing night if he only blocks two shots. Beast. 

12 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Haha I had Robinson, Isaac and Butler. Just traded Butler in a package to get KD but I still got Mikal Bridges 

19 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

I dropped him, when he was hurt, and picked up Kornet cuz thats who Fizz was all about, then they get DJ and throw away Kornet and someone had grabbed Robinson.  Fizdale is so annoying.  Coaches should be fined for misdirecting fantasy managers :lol::ph34r:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Del Rio said:

well, you would be punting points with that build probably. Also, covington and butler have missed around 40 games (together) Isaac has been wire fodder most of the season (2-3weeks of top production). Same with robinson.

I actually drafted this guy with my last pick after watching him in SL because my team desperately needed blocks and I have held him all of this time only because in the past I have dropped players only to see them go off the second half of the season so I told myself that I would hold and be more patient with my team and players in the future. To me it stings a lot worse to drop someone and see them help another team win a championship, than to hold someone and they be a bust. MRob has been a painful hold, but I'm glad I did now (obviously). 

I will say this though. This year I told myself to be more patient with my team. Usually I would pick-up and drop ferociously throughout the season as soon as someone under performed for a stretch. It would end up hurting me because so many players I drafted, or picked up would end up going off later and I'd be stuck with some WW fodder. Sometimes I'd luck out in the end, but its a crap shoot. Now I treat it like the stock market, buy and hold is always the best strategy in the long run. Because of that I have had players who I would have dropped before, turn around on MY team, not some other team. Don't get me wrong, I try to keep a streamer spot though. 

So my unwarranted advice is to buy and hold against your instincts, and MRob is a prime example of this because I wanted to drop him so many times for a hot WW pick-up who probably isn't doing anything now. 

Edited by adifferentlogik

16 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

I actually drafted this guy with my last pick after watching him in SL because my team desperately needed blocks and I have held him all of this time only because in the past I have dropped players only to see them go off the second half of the season so I told myself that I would hold and be more patient with my team and players in the future. To me it stings a lot worse to drop someone and see them help another team win a championship, than to hold someone and they be a bust. MRob has been a painful hold, but I'm glad I did now (obviously). 

I will say this though. This year I told myself to be more patient with my team. Usually I would pick-up and drop ferociously throughout the season as soon as someone under performed for a stretch. It would end up hurting me because so many players I drafted, or picked up would end up going off later and I'd be stuck with some WW fodder. Sometimes I'd luck out in the end, but its a crap shoot. Now I treat it like the stock market, buy and hold is always the best strategy in the long run. Because of that I have had players who I would have dropped before, turn around on MY team, not some other team. Don't get me wrong, I try to keep a streamer spot though. 

So my unwarranted advice is to buy and hold against your instincts, and MRob is a prime example of this because I wanted to drop him so many times for a hot WW pick-up who probably isn't doing anything now. 

i grabbed him off waivers after his ankle injury after i saw his averages in highschool and college. that is no ordinary blocker lol

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

11 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

The next Rudy Gobert.

Said this earlier this year and got laughed at.

• Thanks 1