JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 2/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, Padilla814 said:

Trade deadline has already passed in my league bro, so it would have to be a drop ūüė©

No shame on dropping sabonis for a top 50 guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, hipriest69 said:

 

 

This is very interesting.  I never punt multiple categories but am interested in learning more about your strategy.  So you're going big heavy and attempting to win FG, assists, steals, blocks, TO, and trying to win 5-4 every week?  Seems like an odd combination that doesn't quite make sense to me, I'd like to know which players you heavily target in this build...

 

 

 

Sorry for the late reply. I target the usual punt FT big men (2-3 of of Drummond, Capela,  Gobert, Nurk) along with a high FG% high assist/steal guy if I can (Simmons/Giannis). You then pick up more big men like Mitch Rob, Noel, Harrell, etc to dominate REBs, FG% & Blocks while also targeting high steals and or assist guys in the draft. I went for the likes of Dunn, Marcus Smart, Kyle Anderson, Roco & Nance Jr for their steals. My TOs are low so I can stream in low end assist guys if I have a shot at assists during the week. Or stream in steals guys with low TOs if I have no shot at assists.

I've won points a couple times due to scheduling or injuries and have fluked out a win on FT% once. Generally it is tough to win 1st in the regular season, but I feel you give yourself a better chance at winning come playoff time. The best part is that if one of your main guys go down, you can usually always sneak in a low end WW guy who has top 60 value for your build. I've been using guys like Cody Zeller, Dwight Powell & Richaun Holmes throughout the year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

No shame on dropping sabonis for a top 50 guy 

M-Rob as a top 50 guy?  Are you talking currently or potential post ASB breakout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

M-Rob as a top 50 guy?  Are you talking currently or potential post ASB breakout?

Top 50?

 

He's been top 40 for the last full month and is projected to finish top 30 ROS . . .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime example of how goofy fantasy can be when guys like this are more valuable than stars.  All these specialists lol.  I'm sure he'll someday turn out to be something more than a specialist but that's basically all he is now. In real life he probably wouldn't even be in the top 100 conversation yet in fantasyland he's projected to finish top 30. Lol.  I love playing fantasy basketball but sometimes you just have to laugh at how ridiculously dumb formats can be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Prime example of how goofy fantasy can be when guys like this are more valuable than stars.  All these specialists lol.  I'm sure he'll someday turn out to be something more than a specialist but that's basically all he is now. In real life he probably wouldn't even be in the top 100 conversation yet in fantasyland he's projected to finish top 30. Lol.  I love playing fantasy basketball but sometimes you just have to laugh at how ridiculously dumb formats can be. 

Well it's because of his blocks, which are the hardest to find in waivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Well it's because of his blocks, which are the hardest to find in waivers. 

Obviously. Hence I said specialist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Obviously. Hence I said specialist. 

Well yeah but I dont get why u think the format is ridiculous. Anyone that can average 8+ boards and 3+ blocks is gold, fantasy basketball at its finest :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Obviously. Hence I said specialist. 

 

I think our definition of specialist is off.  Mitch contributes in more than just blocks - his FG% is elite, albeit on a smaller number of attempts, and he could possibly average close to 9 or 10 rebounds a game from here on out.  He can also average more than 10 points a game, as he scored in double figures 5 of his last 6 games.  He also gets steals at a higher than average rate, and should be close to 1 a game.  Specialist?  Nah that's like Ed Davis, just giving you rebounds, or Ellington just giving you 3's and literally nothing else.  Mitch is a beast, and contributes in 6 categories (everything except FT, Assists, and 3's).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Prime example of how goofy awesome fantasy can be when guys like this are more valuable than stars.

Fixed this for you! I think finding gems like this who can win you a single category is what makes fantasy so much fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well yeah but I dont get why u think the format is ridiculous. Anyone that can average 8+ boards and 3+ blocks is gold, fantasy basketball at its finest :lol:

Well I'm just saying when guys like this are ranked higher than guys like Luka or Simmons it just shows how different fantasy values are compared to real life value.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

I think our definition of specialist is off.  Mitch contributes in more than just blocks - his FG% is elite, albeit on a smaller number of attempts, and he could possibly average close to 9 or 10 rebounds a game from here on out.  He can also average more than 10 points a game, as he scored in double figures 5 of his last 6 games.  He also gets steals at a higher than average rate, and should be close to 1 a game.  Specialist?  Nah that's like Ed Davis, just giving you rebounds, or Ellington just giving you 3's and literally nothing else.  Mitch is a beast, and contributes in 6 categories (everything except FT, Assists, and 3's).  

He certainly is coming around in other aspects. No arguing that. If the blocks weren't there he'd be much much lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Well I'm just saying when guys like this are ranked higher than guys like Luka or Simmons it just shows how different fantasy values are compared to real life value.  

Well luka and Simmons they are punt players and their values rise significantly when u do, but yeah I get it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Top 50?

 

He's been top 40 for the last full month and is projected to finish top 30 ROS . . .

 

I won’t lie, I had no idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 45 days Meetch is ranked as the #1 contributor in blocks, #5 in FG% and #4 in TO (lol).  The rebounds aren't anything special but do add to his overall value. 

 

I think this guy's going to be on a lot of championship rosters come season's end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 80version said:

Over the past 45 days Meetch is ranked as the #1 contributor in blocks, #5 in FG% and #4 in TO (lol).  The rebounds aren't anything special but do add to his overall value. 

 

I think this guy's going to be on a lot of championship rosters come season's end. 

This

no one here is thinking Mitch is a top 30/40/50 player in real life. But this is a fantasy basketball forum. So that’s the realm we base our perception in for this site. Henson was a block SPECIALIST last year. 

 

YES! Mitch is way more valuable than bigger real life stars in fantasy. He’s not a specialists now. Earlier in the year? For sure he was. Limited mins, fouls, not doing more than blocks. We can’t say those things about him now. 

 

He’s going to be on a majority of championship teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Top 50?

 

He's been top 40 for the last full month and is projected to finish top 30 ROS . . .

 

I was being a bit reserved on the ranking... yeah he’s been 42nd the last month and in the 30s last few weeks. And still trending up

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Is he a must own in a 10 team points league?

 

49 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He should avg 25-30 points in points leagues, if those #s help u.

I own him in my points league. Averages between 18-25 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

This guy stayed up playing fortnite all night again huh smh

Nah Apex Legends maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raiiny said:

Nah Apex Legends maybe.

I think fizdale figured out that benching this guy is the key to losing I hate this coach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...