JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, pistachio_enthusiast said:

I need him to score 4 points to win my matchup...will he do it? 

I'm honestly scared

Well he definitely did more than that :0

This guy is gonna be such a beast-- reminds me of Jarrett Allen's rise in a way too

Edit: Wow this guy is blocking jumpshot after jumpshot!! That length is insane

Edited by pistachio_enthusiast

3 hours ago, adifferentlogik said:

Mitchell Robinson last 10 games:

21.4 mpg

9.6 points

8.2 rebounds

.709 fg%

3.1 blocks

Larry Sanders resurrected, Mitchell better blocker tho

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 12:48 PM, GJDHouse said:

Define a while....it all depends on minutes.  If he continues to start and receive 12-20 minutes a game, eventually the game flow is going to dictate that he receive a full share of minutes (30+).  Knicks might be blown out and Fisdale just decides to leave him in there to learn.  With a big minutes load anything can happen with a player as athletic as him. I think he proved that in summer league.  It wouldn't shock me in the least to see him with a 6 or 7 block game at some point this year.  

I think everyone (with a basketball brain) knows that Robinson isn't going to consistently give any real production this year.  He is a bench stash for when the Knicks go full tank mode in the 2nd half.  But in the meantime it is my best estimate that Robinson will give some fun stat lines (and a majority of stinkers).  I have a really good eye for basketball talent, and Robinson can do some pretty amazing things.  

Basketball, more than any other fantasy sport, rewards speculation.  There are so many Thaddeus Youngs, Marvin Williams, etc... out there that can give you some boring stats, but it is the owners that double down on 12 and hit that win leagues.  Upside is everything in fantasy basketball.  Mitchell has it in bunches, but he is most likely at least a year away from being a valuable weekly asset.  That doesn't mean that he won't have a stretch of really useful stats for teams.

Just going to leave this here....

Mitchell has exceeded my expectations thus far, but this was a pretty good trendline for MR's season.  If he can stay healthy the last 1/3rd of the season those who own him will be rewarded for their patience/foresight.  I ended up dropping him when he was hurt, but as soon as it looked like he was coming back I made the add.  MR has the ability to consistently produce 25% - 50% of your weekly block totals (depending on your roster size).  His block contribution would be the equivalent of a player scoring 60-90 points per game, or grabbing 30-35 rebounds per game.  

Plus he has really improved his free throw shooting to where he doesn't kill you in that category.  He won't ever be an 80% shooter, but based upon what I see I think he will be 70%+ next year (will probably have a stinker here or there to really drag his average down this year).

Anyway, kudos to those of you who own him.  Besides being a valuable fantasy player, he is really fun to watch out there.

Edited by GJDHouse
  • Like 4

just when u think that he hasnt blocked a shot in the first q, he blocks 4 in 2mins

Benched him in my weekly league for sabonis. Last time I make that mistake

Edited by stay_woke

4 blocks in 11 minutes....God...... what is his value should be for next season draft?

Edited by Zuntu

Man. This guy is fun and will likely continue to be fun to own.

Edited by nlm

I feel like people are forgetting the fact that the Knicks are tanking. They have won 3 in a row because they have been utilizing Mitch more so I doubt that continues as they want to lose.

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

I feel like people are forgetting the fact that the Knicks are tanking. They have won 3 in a row because they have been utilizing Mitch more so I doubt that continues as they want to lose.

I feel like you are forgetting the fact that they still need to develop him. He will get his minutes. Even in 20-25 mins he will still produce.

• Like 1

and it seems like arrival of DJ really helped him, i saw him specifically talking to DJ (DJ pointing him something) multiple times since he arrived there, dude is willing to learn and ready to eat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Lmao no. 

And they havent won three in a row? 😀

12 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I feel like you are forgetting the fact that they still need to develop him. He will get his minutes. Even in 20-25 mins he will still produce.

ok and they also need to develop trier, Dotson, knox, and kornet and do you see them consistently giving them minutes? No. He will get 20-25 minutes but there will be some games where Fitz will completely screw you over by only giving him 15 minutes. Idk about you guys but I don't want any part of the knicks now that playoffs are around the corner.

Bruuhhhhhhhh. I'm punting blocks so I passed up on him but I swear this dude alone can win me the cat weekly.

I was offereddd my bagley for his mitch.. man im tempted. For how great bagleys been and the playoff schecule he has... mitch singlehandedly carries the blocks category.

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

ok and they also need to develop trier, Dotson, knox, and kornet and do you see them consistently giving them minutes? No. He will get 20-25 minutes but there will be some games where Fitz will completely screw you over by only giving him 15 minutes. Idk about you guys but I don't want any part of the knicks now that playoffs are around the corner.

They is a high chance that DJ will be shut down and the minutes will just go to Mitch. They will probably give lots of mins to the young guys too because they want to tank and develop them..

Mitch will be a part of a lot of championship winning teams.

20 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

When have they won 3 in a row? The Knicks are 2-8 for the last 10 games. 

Wow. Looks like mcgee early in the season. Now it would be a no brainer for me to drop the shaqtin mvp for a hot waiver pickup

2 minutes ago, babydru said:

When have they won 3 in a row? The Knicks are 2-8 for the last 10 games. 

2 out of 3* my bad.

4 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

They is a high chance that DJ will be shut down and the minutes will just go to Mitch. They will probably give lots of mins to the young guys too because they want to tank and develop them..

Mitch will be a part of a lot of championship winning teams.

I like Mitch. I think he can be like Gobert in the future. Its fitz I don't trust. The fact that DJ is out and Mitch is still not starting should tell you how stupid he is.