JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

The only problem is that Capela is catching lobs from guys like Chris Paul and James Harden, while MR is getting bounce passes from Trey Burke and Ntilikina...

I hear ya, that's a valid argument dude. Thing is, I think Fiz really wants to develop this kid. He even said he would start Mudiay at some point because he's their best passer. I honestly think he has this guy in mind when he said that (of course, the others benefit as well). Kanter is such a defensive slouch that it makes sense to just develop this kid now. Also, if you watched the last game, he had so many good opportunities for an easy bucket, but his teammates never found him, or just aren't very good. So I think Fiz is doing the right thing in trying to help the kid.

15 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I hear ya, that's a valid argument dude. Thing is, I think Fiz really wants to develop this kid. He even said he would start Mudiay at some point because he's their best passer. I honestly think he has this guy in mind when he said that (of course, the others benefit as well). Kanter is such a defensive slouch that it makes sense to just develop this kid now. Also, if you watched the last game, he had so many good opportunities for an easy bucket, but his teammates never found him, or just aren't very good. So I think Fiz is doing the right thing in trying to help the kid.

I think he can be a beast if he works hard. Deandre Jordan was a second round pick too so I hope MR will follow DJ's career arc and develop. If he can stay out of foul trouble, I can see him average 8, 8 and 2 blocks. Knicks have a bunch of bricklayers will both help (offensive boards) and hurt him (dumb fouls).

I think ceiling this year would be John Collins’s numbers last year. Likely a step below that but still valuable for most of rest of the way. 

Next year and beyond ceiling is so high though. Dynasty gold.

All, this is NOT the place to ask your team specific questions about dropping a player to pick up Robinson. This thread is only for Mitchell Robinson discussion. All of your add/drop team specific questions must be posted in the AC Forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

steal of the NBA draft...let the kid play, his def instincts are great, if they include him on the offensive end, hes maybe in a line for some dds during the season

• Haha 1

Knicks announced starters tonight. Mitchell Robinson at Center!

Getting subbed after 5 minutes will do that.

And Kanter sees Robinson waiting to check back in for him, and gives an eye roll. Then starts mumbling. This will get messy, you watch. Kanter is delusional if he thinks he is an All Star. Note Robinson was called back to the bench after Kanter acted out. Not clear, but I'm guessing Kanter refused to come out!

Not to say Kanter is not the better player. He has 10 rebounds, including 5 offensive rebounds, in his 14 minutes off the bench so far.

• Like 1

Robinson did look pretty decent out there in his limited run in the 1st half. No mind blowing numbers but he looked super active and was making some noise on defense.

Just now, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Getting subbed after 5 minutes will do that.

And Kanter sees Robinson waiting to check back in for him, and gives an eye roll. Then starts mumbling. This will get messy, you watch. Kanter is delusional if he thinks he is an All Star. Note Robinson was called back to the bench after Kanter acted out. Not clear, but I'm guessing Kanter refused to come out!

Not to say Kanter is not the better player. He has 10 rebounds, including 5 offensive rebounds, in his 14 minutes off the bench so far.

Already reported, Kanter wasn't too happy with the demotion. He's been the loudest Knick supporter. It's definitely going to complicate things.

1 minute ago, tremixt said:

Already reported, Kanter wasn't too happy with the demotion. He's been the loudest Knick supporter. It's definitely going to complicate things.

Yes, but refusing to come out, and then Fiz calls Robinson back? That is a whole other level. 

in his 5min on the floor he looked more active on the defensive end than kanter in his whole career

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, L3onD said:

in his 5min on the floor he looked more active on the defensive end than kanter in his whole career

Guess I’ll just wait how this week play out, a lot of potential but kanter is kancer

Erdogan better send a private jet with secret service guys and jail that mothaf***a Kanter

• Haha 5

Last time Kanter was in the way of a budding young big man?

2014-15. Who was he blocking? Rudy Gobert. He got traded mid-season and Gobert then put up 12/12 w/ 2.3 blocks post ASB.

Feels like deja vu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3