JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

He fouled out in 19 minutes. That's f'in foul trouble.

But that's the reason why I LUV this guy. He'll lay a frekin egg every now and then, almost always due to fouls (i.e. effort), and then drop a double double w/ 6 blocks the next 3 or 4 games.

If you even suggest dropping him, your mind must be filled with poop.

2 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

He fouled out in 19 minutes. That's f'in foul trouble.

But that's the reason why I LUV this guy. He'll lay a frekin egg every now and then, almost always due to fouls (i.e. effort), and then drop a double double w/ 6 blocks the next 3 or 4 games.

If you even suggest dropping him, your mind must be filled with poop.

He posted that during the game.. before he fouled out in 19 mins.

No one is saying that he should be dropped...

11 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

He posted that during the game.. before he fouled out in 19 mins.

No one is saying that he should be dropped...

Posted what?

And I didn't say anyone was saying that. I said IF... I am merely trying to prevent a fiasco.

I didn't watch the whole game but saw at least one play that looked a very clean block that was somehow called a foul, I think it was on Corey Brewer. Once this guy has been in the league a few years and isn't some late draft pick rookie the refs will start giving him better calls, and once that happens he'll probably win DPOTY or be damn close.

David Fizdale said he's been reluctant to bring Mitchell Robinson into the starting lineup, despite his impressive play as of late.

Advice: "If you do throw him in there I’d be pretty [mad] off at myself the first game I throw him in there, he gets two and I’ve got to sit him for a bunch of minutes," Fizdale said. "I want to keep the kid feeling good and in a good rhythm. It allows me to do some different stuff with him in the second half. When he’s playing well I can play him more minutes. I can even start him in the second half like I did one game at home

😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

David Fizdale said he's been reluctant to bring Mitchell Robinson into the starting lineup, despite his impressive play as of late.

Advice: "If you do throw him in there I’d be pretty [mad] off at myself the first game I throw him in there, he gets two and I’ve got to sit him for a bunch of minutes," Fizdale said. "I want to keep the kid feeling good and in a good rhythm. It allows me to do some different stuff with him in the second half. When he’s playing well I can play him more minutes. I can even start him in the second half like I did one game at home

😂😂😂😂😂

Lmao he is such a scrub coach

• Like 1

You know what also builds confidence not getting your minutes jerked around 

• Like 1

Ugh just let this kid play! He only has 4 fouls and your are pulling him at the end of the game FOR LANCE THOMAS?! it is such BS. He’ll never figure it out unless you give him the opportunity and now is the time with no pressure.

i guess you have to secure the tank though....

I get kind of bored with the 1 steal/3 block lines after having seen them so often by now. Reminder to count your blessings. My 14-team main league is considering switching to a dynasty format next season. I wonder where Mitch would go in the draft for that

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Ugh just let this kid play! He only has 4 fouls and your are pulling him at the end of the game FOR LANCE THOMAS?! it is such BS. He’ll never figure it out unless you give him the opportunity and now is the time with no pressure.

i guess you have to secure the tank though....

He's being fizzdaled 

In the playoffs and he’s absolutely carrying me in blocks. Excited to snag him in next year’s draft 

Posted (edited)

So where does this guy get drafted next season? Which round?

Serious response, please. Haha

Edited by MysticPeak

This bloke is so fkkin good that I’d actually be tempted to play him in the grand final with only a 2 game week if I make it!

• Like 1

I've run out of superlatives to describe what this man is doing...just unreal statlines every night. Take me home Mr. Robinson 🤑

58 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Depends.  Probably somewhere in the usual spot for emerging bigs who block a ton of shots - 2nd round.  If you're super lucky then 3rd round.  I could see someone even taking him at the turn of the first round.  

Just now, hipriest69 said:

Depends.  Probably somewhere in the usual spot for emerging bigs who block a ton of shots - 2nd round.  If you're super lucky then 3rd round.  I could see someone even taking him at the turn of the first round.  

The question is - would you take him over other bigs like Gobert, Capela, and Myles Turner?  

6 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

The question is - would you take him over other bigs like Gobert, Capela, and Myles Turner?  

No on Gobert and Capela. Yeh Probably take him over Turner (not talkin about Dynasty fwiw)

This man is avging 6 blocks next year. It's already been written in the stars. 

I take him over gobert and Capela. Primarily because he is showing me that he can hit a free throw. I expect him to shoot 75% next year from the line. That is a massive upgrade over both Capela and Gobert. 

He wont have the rebounds of either of those two but he will have more blocks Better fg and better ft. A shot blocking bug that doesn’t tank your percentages is massively valuable. I would probably take turner before Capela but not gobert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Look at his minutes compared to the other first rounders over the past month:

Euu2Kjq.png

Now imagine him getting closer to 30 next season . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Look at his minutes compared to the other first rounders over the past month:

Euu2Kjq.png

Now imagine him getting closer to 30 next season . . .

Problem is, because of a few reasons hes much more likely to maintain at 24 min a game than 30 or so

Coach, addition of big name free agent(s), who may or may not be best friends with Deandre, Zion playing some small ball 5 if drafted by NY, etc

• Thanks 1