JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

picked up in my 12 teamer. upside is there. knicks going nowhere. will have his ups and downs, but blocks are so hard to find. 

How about this...Dotson's a nice pickup but long term value meh, Frankie is a nice scoop but inconsistent and Mudiay and Burke and on and on...

Mitchy Rob has a coach in his corner, a whining veteran getting nudged out of his way and a path to minutes with major athletic upside and a NY style attitude to match!

....and he's starting...So how about this...

Mitchell Robinson is the best long term flier with the potential for major ROS value than any other player on the team...scoop and hoop ladies and gents! :ph34r:

((((((Think original Whiteside-esque rise potential)))))

sidenote/ probably nothing but!: I do like me a prospect with "Mitchell" in his name! :wub:

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hlin8821 said:

Rosterable in 12 team?

3 hours ago, pdids911 said:

picked up in my 12 teamer. upside is there. knicks going nowhere. will have his ups and downs, but blocks are so hard to find. 

Yes, and also FG% and Rebounds too. 

I love mitch too but y'all need to cool your jets

he fouls too much, is super skinny and is basically a rim runnner on offense

yes, post ASB he will be a beast but there will be plenty of painful nights ahead...great for dynasty, great after ASB, till then :-/ it will be painful

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

yes, post ASB he will be a beast but there will be plenty of painful nights ahead...great for dynasty, great after ASB, till then :-/ it will be painful

Agreed

30 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

Yea, painful for whoever's matched up against Mitch!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

i agree he will be up and down but i don't think he will hurt us even when he isn't getting big run and putting up fat lines because his fg% and turnovers will be great, so at worst he will give us weak counting stats. like last night's line in 15 min, ill take that all day until he is fully unleashed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Please elaborate..

Because for a rookie big the fouls actually seem kinda...low

you are right

per basketball reference, 3.8 fouls per 36...maybe he will be a rookie who beats the high foul problem

fingers crossed

• Like 1

Mitchell is going to be wildly inconsistent, but he is the kind of player that makes fantasy basketball fun.  When he has a crazy stat-line, this thread is going to be incredible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Mitchell is going to be wildly inconsistent, but he is the kind of player that makes fantasy basketball fun.  When he has a crazy stat-line, this thread is going to be incredible.

So tomorrow night this thread will be incredible?

Spooky!

29 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

And it will be equally entertaining when he gets Fizdale'd and plays 6 minutes!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

youre gonna be waiting a while....

21 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

youre gonna be waiting a while....

Define a while....it all depends on minutes.  If he continues to start and receive 12-20 minutes a game, eventually the game flow is going to dictate that he receive a full share of minutes (30+).  Knicks might be blown out and Fisdale just decides to leave him in there to learn.  With a big minutes load anything can happen with a player as athletic as him. I think he proved that in summer league.  It wouldn't shock me in the least to see him with a 6 or 7 block game at some point this year.  

I think everyone (with a basketball brain) knows that Robinson isn't going to consistently give any real production this year.  He is a bench stash for when the Knicks go full tank mode in the 2nd half.  But in the meantime it is my best estimate that Robinson will give some fun stat lines (and a majority of stinkers).  I have a really good eye for basketball talent, and Robinson can do some pretty amazing things.  

Basketball, more than any other fantasy sport, rewards speculation.  There are so many Thaddeus Youngs, Marvin Williams, etc... out there that can give you some boring stats, but it is the owners that double down on 12 and hit that win leagues.  Upside is everything in fantasy basketball.  Mitchell has it in bunches, but he is most likely at least a year away from being a valuable weekly asset.  That doesn't mean that he won't have a stretch of really useful stats for teams.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know he has block upside but only 2 blks this whole season. Is it the minutes or his athleticism not translating to production? Mamba has way more.

22 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Define a while....it all depends on minutes.  If he continues to start and receive 12-20 minutes a game, eventually the game flow is going to dictate that he receive a full share of minutes (30+).  Knicks might be blown out and Fisdale just decides to leave him in there to learn.  With a big minutes load anything can happen with a player as athletic as him. I think he proved that in summer league.  It wouldn't shock me in the least to see him with a 6 or 7 block game at some point this year.  

I think everyone (with a basketball brain) knows that Robinson isn't going to consistently give any real production this year.  He is a bench stash for when the Knicks go full tank mode in the 2nd half.  But in the meantime it is my best estimate that Robinson will give some fun stat lines (and a majority of stinkers).  I have a really good eye for basketball talent, and Robinson can do some pretty amazing things.  

Basketball, more than any other fantasy sport, rewards speculation.  There are so many Thaddeus Youngs, Marvin Williams, etc... out there that can give you some boring stats, but it is the owners that double down on 12 and hit that win leagues.  Upside is everything in fantasy basketball.  Mitchell has it in bunches, but he is most likely at least a year away from being a valuable weekly asset.  That doesn't mean that he won't have a stretch of really useful stats for teams.

I trust this dude more than anyone and wait for his posts. He has predicted some things extremely accurately. I remember he said in embiids rookie season he would be a much better player than KAT and everyone got on him for that but he was definitely right. There have been others but I forget right now 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jonathanc5 said:

I know he has block upside but only 2 blks this whole season. Is it the minutes or his athleticism not translating to production? Mamba has way more.

it's small sample size, it's October. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richg24 said:

I trust this dude more than anyone and wait for his posts. He has predicted some things extremely accurately. I remember he said in embiids rookie season he would be a much better player than KAT and everyone got on him for that but he was definitely right. There have been others but I forget right now 

Appreciate the love.  Been involved in basketball pretty much my whole life.  Don't get confused about Robinson though.  He is bit-coin in 2007.  There is no guarantee that he will be a reliable player, and there is no real time table for him reaching whatever potential he has.  This isn't an Embiid situation, where he was a rock solid lock to be a top 3 player if he could regain his health.  Robinson has a lot of growing up to do, but his physical profile gives him a ceiling that is elite.  His lack of experience, age, and raw skill set gives him a basement and not a floor.  The NBA is littered with athletic profiles that never amounted to anything.

But in a deep league, I like having a share of MR if you can afford to wait a bit.

Notice a few things:

1. Light feet...runs like a guard

2. Timing...particularly on the alleyoop

3. Sheer athleticism....the steal and dunk is really ridiculous. 

Edited by GJDHouse
  • Like 3

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

Question(s)

How did this guy end up in the second round? And how did the Knicks of all teams end up with him? Why not, like the Spurs or the Celtics or something.

He skipped college. And although he's pretty athletic, his offensive game is very raw.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

2 blocks and 4 rebounds at the half. Not much else.. But 12 minutes is pretty good. 

Sounds like a good game for him tbh, you're expecting plus stats in 3 cats and turnovers and zilch otherwise