JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

I think it's gonna be similar to Zach Collin's situation. 

Must pick up next season but not this year. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, csklmf said:

How? Portland is fighting for a playoff spot and gave Nurk a large contract. The Knicks are a lottery team and Kanter has already been benched and is a trade asset.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, csklmf said:

But the big difference is he's starting, Collins isn't. 

• Like 3

Just now, stevenzhang said:

How? Portland is fighting for a playoff spot and gave Nurk a large contract. The Knicks are a lottery team and Kanter has already been benched and is a trade asset.

Agree. 

6 minutes ago, csklmf said:

They're both breakout players, yes, but I wouldn't call them similar.

Collins is still stuck behind Nurkic who is the starting center on a competitive team and is not a liability on defense as much as Kanter.

Robinson is now starting, coach has committed to developing and starting him all the way, on a tanking team, knowing that his defense is much needed more than whatever offense Kanter offers.

Give me Robinson all day. I smell a Whiteside/Gobert-like breakout, the stars are aligning.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

They're both breakout players, yes, but I wouldn't call them similar.

Collins is still stuck behind Nurkic who is the starting center on a competitive team and is not a liability on defense as much as Kanter.

Robinson is now starting, coach has committed to developing and starting him all the way, on a tanking team, knowing that his defense is much needed more than whatever offense Kanter offers.

Give me Robinson all day. I smell a Whiteside/Gobert-like breakout, the stars are aligning.

Nice one, couldn't have said it better. Let's go Mitch Rob!!! :)

I need him to stink it up one last time on Sunday so nobody snatches him ?

5 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I need him to stink it up one last time on Sunday so nobody snatches him ?

same lol im out of adds for the week

• Sad 1

Ok I'm on the bandwagon atleast for tonight! Dropped siakam for him. The siakam doubters were correct that there's not enough stats to go around for him when the Raptors are playing with a full deck. He only has big lines when a key player is missing. You can't count on that long term. 

As for Mitch, it's more than likely that tonight is a mirage and he'll be dropped within a week, BUT I picked him up for the slight chance that we have ourselves a Wendell Carter situation. Got the starting job, stunk for 2 weeks, then BOOM, catches on and develops fast. Carter even a week ago was drop city for redraft leagues, now hes potentially an instant fantasy stud, especially for most of you guys that play category leagues. Let's hope that Mitchell follows suit. Got the job, slow start, catch on quickly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The hype train is going to hit mach 3 after tonight but I'm skeptical.  If Fizdale is going to commit to Vonleh and Robinson from this point onward then the Knicks frontcourt may as well be called The Inconsistent Couple.  They're almost guaranteed to be a roller coaster to own and I can't bring myself to trust a rookie C and Vonleh.  Having said that I think in standard leagues and deeper if you've got some deadwood Robinson is worth a 'why not' pick. 

As an aside it's extremely rare for a rookie big to average 7+ boards and 1+ block/game while averaging over 20min/game.  Less than 50 in the entire history of the NBA have done it.

this is the new nba. youth rules. and more possessions per game. get on the bandwagon now or cry later. 

• Like 2

And I just cut Boban for Mitch in my H2H league. If I can’t own him in dynasty because I foolishly cut him than I’ll settle for the next best thing. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

I am not sure if Mitch is a better add than Vonleh for example...

Yesterday Vonleh had a foul problem, he can play also the small 5. Facing de andre also forced the knicks to go big.

In the previous game Vonleh had much more mins than Robinson...

Tough one...

On 10/30/2018 at 12:19 PM, richg24 said:

i agree he will be up and down but i don't think he will hurt us even when he isn't getting big run and putting up fat lines because his fg% and turnovers will be great, so at worst he will give us weak counting stats. like last night's line in 15 min, ill take that all day until he is fully unleashed. 

That day has arrived my friend...:ph34r:

And this thread is now incredible...like Mitch!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lilKenners said:

worth #3 waiver? 14-team h2h

Yes but the number 1 guy will prob get him:ph34r:

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee that summersoff will be in this thread in a few days complaining about his lack to production :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Picked him up, but I think it’s early this year. Will try him for a week or so, but I watched the game and kid is too raw. For a redraft league, i doubt he will crack the 150.