Sign in to follow this  
slothfantasy

Jesse James 2018 Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him yet. Vance McDonald is injured and james could get the start at home against a porous chiefs D. Roethlisberger has a great track record at home so this could be an option for those streaming TEs

Sure. He's not the worst option in the world if you need a short term replacement for a hurt Tight End. His ceiling and target share probably won't be very high and will likely need a touchdown to be fantasy relevant. However I do prefer him over other popular pickups I've seen this week including Jonnu Smith, Will Dissly, and Ian Thomas.

I think Vance is Questionable for SUN but he did practice all wk. Could make for a murky situation to avoid. Just sayin'.

How about this guy. He killed it today and Vance was playing. Or did he do so well because Vance was limited? Either way, whichever TE is gonna be No. 1 will have a good season it seems like. I am one of the many former Olsen owners, so as you can imagine I am tempted to try and acquire him and discard Kittle.

• Like 1

Yeah I had a lot of kittle in daily today and it killed me. I think james is going to have a few more of these games this year and if you are an olsen or walker owner this is the guy to go get. 

• Like 1

Just now, ilovepelas said:

Yeah I had a lot of kittle in daily today and it killed me. I think james is going to have a few more of these games this year and if you are an olsen or walker owner this is the guy to go get. 

Seems like some of those Le'Veon targets are going to James now. I'm telling you- the moment you start James, the moment he stinks.

But, at this point, I'm a Doyle owner. Might as well stay in the flames and pick up James. 

As a Howard and Kittle owner I am 0 for 2 starting the guy who has a decent week. It is a rough life to live. As for James yes of course next week he will kill you with 30 yards. but if the steelers defense is garbage next week on mnf again against ryan fitz magic then shootout appeal again and Ertz had a nice game vs bucs.

Ugh I was an Olsen owner and debated grabbing the outlaw, but the McDonald news scared me and I instead chose Ricky Seals Jones.... I really don't want to head back to the leper colony that is the TE FA pool, any steelers fans have input on the situation? 

Well, that worked out rather nicely. Is anyone else still worried about Vance McDonald returning to full health and cannibalizing the volume here?

Edited by atrium

I finally grabbed this guy this morning after traversing the TE wasteland on my quest for 4 points. On paper, the outlaw seems like a good streaming option against Tampa since Ertz went wild on them and it could end up being a real shootout, thus opening more targets. I'm fully confident however he will now curse his owners with my usual sub 2 point production at the position though. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

27 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Idk why. Same snap share and routes rub. Feels like fools gold to me.

Yeah, I don't see how it's anything but fools gold. His yardage total Sunday was more than 1/3 of his yardage totals from either 2016 or 2017. Target number was the same (though it's a higher target average than the rest of his career so far), and there are still a lot of mouths to feed. When (If) Bell comes back, then that just takes more targets away. 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Idk why. Same snap share and routes rub. Feels like fools gold to me.

James and Mcdonald ran the same number of routes (25 and 26) but anyone know what type of routes were they?  Does James run deeper routes?  Does Mcdonald run only short stuff?

19 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

James and Mcdonald ran the same number of routes (25 and 26) but anyone know what type of routes were they?  Does James run deeper routes?  Does Mcdonald run only short stuff?

From what I've seen they run the same routes.  The only real differences between them is James is bigger and a better blocker so he has a larger snap count.  The big yardage last week came because Ben was in trouble & found James breaking his route to find the open spot

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

From what I've seen they run the same routes.  The only real differences between them is James is bigger and a better blocker so he has a larger snap count.  The big yardage last week came because Ben was in trouble & found James breaking his route to find the open spot

thanks for you input.. it still seems like a 50/50 on who produces more.  Just dropped for Ebron in the other 50/50 situation with news of doyle being out.