Sign in to follow this  
tongs

Kemba Walker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Can we get a moment of silence for my fantasy week, as I’ve just been Kemba’d ?

• Confused 1

ESPN isn't showing me any stats, all - - - - - - - ...

So nervous ^_^

10 minutes ago, bobcats81 said:

Sold high on him after the 60p outburst but now I can't help wondering if I dun goofed...absolute beast

Depends, did you get a top 10 player in return? 

8 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Depends, did you get a top 10 player in return? 

Deal was Kemba, Jrich and Garris for AD+Dragic. Wasn't a perfect fit since it gutted my 3's and I already top the league in blks, but not everyday you get a shot at the Brow. 

1 minute ago, bobcats81 said:

Deal was Kemba, Jrich and Garris for AD+Dragic. Wasn't a perfect fit since it gutted my 3's and I already top the league in blks, but not everyday you get a shot at the Brow. 

Not bad. For reference I had to give up Lowry, Klay and Kyle Anderson for AD, Aminu and Jaylen Brown (dropped the 2 for Shia and Nance, at the very least ill have some streaming spots). 

4 hours ago, bobcats81 said:

You got AD but gave up a lot of value. JRich is a top 20-30 guy this season, consistent 20-4-4 with heavy stocks and 3s, Kemba has obviously been a top 10 guy so far (should continue), and G Harris has been off to a slower start but he is still a top 40-50 guy, and will be higher if he gets his steals up to past seasons). All that for basically just AD because dragic has been awful so far and is injured as well. Don't like the move, you will need to find gold on the wire to keep up in guard stats now I think. Good luck tho. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobcats81 said:

I have both AD and Kemba.

I would’ve taken an offer like yours in a heartbeat. AD is really good obviously, but that’s one heck of a haul.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I have both AD and Kemba.

I would’ve taken an offer like yours in a heartbeat. AD is really good obviously, but that’s one heck of a haul.

I actually have ad and Kemba also....loving having both guys. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

I actually have ad and Kemba also....loving having both guys. 

You guys must be slapping your opponents lol. Number 1 and 6 players so far. You guys get kemba 2nd or 3rd round? Im trying to trade for kemba but not sending offers now obviously with the 60 point game top fresh in memory but soon. Would bledsoe + warren be a good starting point to get kemba? Or j rich + doncic?

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

You guys must be slapping your opponents lol. Number 1 and 6 players so far. You guys get kemba 2nd or 3rd round? Im trying to trade for kemba but not sending offers now obviously with the 60 point game top fresh in memory but soon. Would bledsoe + warren be a good starting point to get kemba? Or j rich + doncic?

I wouldn’t over pay for Kemba I don’t think he can sustain 29 a game I believe he’ll top off at 25-26 once he’s cooled down. Which is still a career high easy top 15-20 option. 

Jrich and doncic might do the trick I’ll take that if I’m owned kemba. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

I own Kemba in two leagues.   I wouldn't trade Kemba for either of those packages in either of my leagues.  Philosophically I like to take the best player in trades unless a compelling argument persuades me otherwise and those trades aren't compelling enough.  You can make the argument that Kemba will come down to earth but I don't necessarily trust Jrich or Warren to maintain their current production either.  Doncic really isn't highly rated in 9 cat atm despite his counting stats so neither of those packages would really move the needle for me.  

7 hours ago, richg24 said:

If I'm the Kemba owner, I'd get Jrich and Doncic. But I think it's already an overpay for Kemba.

5 hours ago, JP_Grizzly said:

I wouldn’t over pay for Kemba I don’t think he can sustain 29 a game I believe he’ll top off at 25-26 once he’s cooled down. Which is still a career high easy top 15-20 option. 

Jrich and doncic might do the trick I’ll take that if I’m owned kemba. 

If Isaiah Thomas could sustain 29 pts a game for a season, I believe Kemba could pull it off.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, richg24 said:

You got AD but gave up a lot of value. JRich is a top 20-30 guy this season, consistent 20-4-4 with heavy stocks and 3s, Kemba has obviously been a top 10 guy so far (should continue), and G Harris has been off to a slower start but he is still a top 40-50 guy, and will be higher if he gets his steals up to past seasons). All that for basically just AD because dragic has been awful so far and is injured as well. Don't like the move, you will need to find gold on the wire to keep up in guard stats now I think. Good luck tho. 

I know, it wasn't an easy call to make as I love all those guys I sent. My main reasoning was that Kemba's bound to regress at some point, and that he's at peak value right now. He'll no doubt have a career year, but 24-26ppg seems more realistic as he's way up in shooting on his 2p%, and I don't see that sticking. There's also talk now of the Hornets being determined to improve his supporting cast, and if they were to land a guy like Beal it could hurt him and his usage substantially. I also punt assists so those 6apg were wasted value.

I agree with you though on the other two, Jrich should stay about the same and Garris should improve. My wing depth is fortunately still decent, but I expect to have to do some waiver wire fishing for guard stats like you said. 

Edited by bobcats81