alpè

Isaiah Thomas 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Im really high on him. Remember what this guy has been in fantasy last years. Looking for 25 minutes per game with top 50-70 value. He can share the floor with Murray and Harris and could be a really nice team for a lot of easy assists. They also said they are waiting until hes 100% to play high intensity basketball, so when he will come back he will be ready with no restriction.

5 hours ago, Larsso777 said:

Im really high on him. Remember what this guy has been in fantasy last years. Looking for 25 minutes per game with top 50-70 value. He can share the floor with Murray and Harris and could be a really nice team for a lot of easy assists. They also said they are waiting until hes 100% to play high intensity basketball, so when he will come back he will be ready with no restriction.

Don't be high on him... trust me you'll end up very disappointed ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am too. He will be finally healthy with plenty to prove. Coming off the bench will not hurt him and he’s back with Malone (the like each other) who he played for in Sacramento.

Is he a stash now?

18 minutes ago, Larsso777 said:

He's coming. Ready for the revenge. 6th man of the year.

Has there been any news of his return? I haven't seen any updates

it's weird how quiet they've been with his situation. I really do hope he comes back strong. I had him on my team his last year in Boston and it was fun! dude is a monster. Don't think he'll get back to that but if he can come even close, he'd prob push solid fantasy teams over the top. Picking a up a player like that off the wire doesnt happen often. I almost want to stash but no IR :( 

5 minutes ago, DLove said:

he'd prob push solid fantasy teams over the top. Picking a up a player like that off the wire doesnt happen often. I almost want to stash but no IR :( 

Eh I dunno about that. Picked him last year and he did absolutely nothing for me. Thought he'd be ok after coming back from his injury but I was unfortunately wrong.

I took want him to come back strong basketball wise and not just fantasy wise. 

what the hell is going on with him? i hate how they dont update his status. basketball in general sucks with injury updates. is he even able to practice hard with the team? the nuggets offer nothing aside from "there is still no timetable". 

52 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

what the hell is going on with him? i hate how they dont update his status. basketball in general sucks with injury updates. is he even able to practice hard with the team? the nuggets offer nothing aside from "there is still no timetable". 

December is the timeline ✌🏼

BBM projects him coming back Dec 8th. So here's hoping to early December. 

If he's truly healed from hip surgery he can be very useful on 12+ teamers. 2.5/16/2/5 very possible off the bench. Malone loves him. Perfect fit on the Nuggets offense. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, willthethrill said:

If he's truly healed from hip surgery he can be very useful on 12+ teamers. 2.5/16/2/5 very possible off the bench. Malone loves him. Perfect fit on the Nuggets offense. 

Sorry, just need to confirm.

16 ppg, 2 rebs, 5 asts, 2.5 3s - is that right? If yes, then he'll be useful in my 16 team league.

Edited by MrBean
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, willthethrill said:

Malone loves him? From coaching him 5 years ago for one season before his body failed him? Coaches love winning. IT doesn't have the luxury of losing a step or two. If he is healthy the offense and roster will give him a chance to produce some decent stats. Nothing incredible so you have to make sure he fits your build. If he lost a step and is more of a liability on defense the roster is deep enough to make him ww fodder. 

When Kevin Love handed him the ball like he was a child last season, that was the end of him unfortunately. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MrBean said:

Sorry, just need to confirm.

16 ppg, 2 rebs, 5 asts, 2.5 3s - is that right? If yes, then he'll be useful in my 16 team league.

Those are extremely optimistic projections. Realistically I think he'll be closer to 10 ppg, 2 rpg, 3 apg ~2ish triples on poor low 40s efficiency and no defensive stats to speak of. Not really 10-team worthy and you could probably find better PGs on the wire (Barea, Augustin, Lin to name a few). Nuggets already have a young, promising backup PG in Monte Morris and in any case, their offense runs through Jokic, not any of their guards. Consider the fact that Barton is coming back soon as well, and there's just not gonna be a lot of opportunity for IT. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fabrar said:

Those are extremely optimistic projections. Realistically I think he'll be closer to 10 ppg, 2 rpg, 3 apg ~2ish triples on poor low 40s efficiency and no defensive stats to speak of. Not really 10-team worthy and you could probably find better PGs on the wire (Barea, Augustin, Lin to name a few). Nuggets already have a young, promising backup PG in Monte Morris and in any case, their offense runs through Jokic, not any of their guards. Consider the fact that Barton is coming back soon as well, and there's just not gonna be a lot of opportunity for IT. 

I actually agree with you. I was just messing around with the one who posted those numbers. Lol.

Kidding aside, I'm not so sure if IT can even average 10 pts given his current situation which seems like a million years away from his Boston year. Too bad for him, Nuggets has a lot of young and talented guards.

Edited by MrBean

the numbers i posted was based off last season. I think he takes a step up from those numbers when he was bouncing around cleveland and LA.

1.7/15.2/2.1/4.8 was his season average last year.

I think he's a solid sixth man and can produce better numbers than that. ITs problem was not being healthy and I posted if he is truly healthy after finally getting surgery he can improve on those numbers.  Nuggets doesn't play the greatest defense and they seem to always try to outscore their opponents. IT has never played with a Center like Jokic who will basically handoff passes on screens, which is where IT flourished in Boston.

I could be very wrong and may be abit too optimistic to most peoples opinions, but again if his hip is healed it's not all that impossible. He has a lot to prove and i think Malone gives him the opportunity. just my opinion guys.

13 hours ago, willthethrill said:

the numbers i posted was based off last season. I think he takes a step up from those numbers when he was bouncing around cleveland and LA.

1.7/15.2/2.1/4.8 was his season average last year.

I think he's a solid sixth man and can produce better numbers than that. ITs problem was not being healthy and I posted if he is truly healthy after finally getting surgery he can improve on those numbers.  Nuggets doesn't play the greatest defense and they seem to always try to outscore their opponents. IT has never played with a Center like Jokic who will basically handoff passes on screens, which is where IT flourished in Boston.

I could be very wrong and may be abit too optimistic to most peoples opinions, but again if his hip is healed it's not all that impossible. He has a lot to prove and i think Malone gives him the opportunity. just my opinion guys.

You are right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and allowed to share it. You explained your stance and everyone should be respectful even if they disagree with it. My stance is that whatever Malone and IT share from one season five years ago isn't that big of a deal. A lot has changed for IT in five years. He has risen to superstardom and fallen from it. Very rarely do players reverse that course, especially when an injury is involved. Father time always wins, and even if IT is healthy he doesn't have the physical abilities that he had 3-5 years ago. And he has a small margin for physical decline due to his size. If he isn't explosive he can't generate separation. He is a liability on defense. He is on waivers in my leagues without an IR and I am not sure when that changes. 

6 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You are right that everyone is entitled to their opinion and allowed to share it. You explained your stance and everyone should be respectful even if they disagree with it. My stance is that whatever Malone and IT share from one season five years ago isn't that big of a deal. A lot has changed for IT in five years. He has risen to superstardom and fallen from it. Very rarely do players reverse that course, especially when an injury is involved. Father time always wins, and even if IT is healthy he doesn't have the physical abilities that he had 3-5 years ago. And he has a small margin for physical decline due to his size. If he isn't explosive he can't generate separation. He is a liability on defense. He is on waivers in my leagues without an IR and I am not sure when that changes. 

Same, and no one is in a hurry to pick him up. I just don't see him producing rosterable numbers outside of very deep leagues. I could be wrong obviously, but at this point, I'd just wait and see what he does when he's back.