alpè

Isaiah Thomas 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Shouldn't be much longer till what? Denver doesn't need the man

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Shouldn't be much longer till what? Denver doesn't need the man

He's better than Morris. An injury to Murray can slide him into the starting role. They might not NEED him but that doesnt mean he wont put up solid numbers if given the chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

He's better than Morris. An injury to Murray can slide him into the starting role. They might not NEED him but that doesnt mean he wont put up solid numbers if given the chance. 

 

I think that's the problem because he's not better than Morris at what they will be asked to do. You will probably need BOTH Murray and Morris to go down for IT to have value. IT is basically a 5'8" Carmelo in the sense that he can still score but that's all he can do. Denver has so many capable scorers they will never need to run the offense through IT. If you are the coach, do you want want your role player to be 6'3", plays good defense, and moves the ball, or be 5'8", can't play defense, and a volume shooter? I think the answer is pretty obvious

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

 

I think that's the problem because he's not better than Morris at what they will be asked to do. You will probably need BOTH Murray and Morris to go down for IT to have value. IT is basically a 5'8" Carmelo in the sense that he can still score but that's all he can do. Denver has so many capable scorers they will never need to run the offense through IT. If you are the coach, do you want want your role player to be 6'3", plays good defense, and moves the ball, or be 5'8", can't play defense, and a volume shooter? I think the answer is pretty obvious

 

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Shouldn't be much longer till what? Denver doesn't need the man

tell you guys what - lets meet back here in three weeks from now and see how things pan out. i get what both of you are saying - i just think he carves out a bigger role than you think. it may take a few weeks but im gonna bet he'll wind up being plenty serviceable for me in my points league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

 

tell you guys what - lets meet back here in three weeks from now and see how things pan out. i get what both of you are saying - i just think he carves out a bigger role than you think. it may take a few weeks but im gonna bet he'll wind up being plenty serviceable for me in my points league. 

 

Let's define "serviceable", because maybe serviceable to you means 10 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes, and serviceable to me means 13 points, 4 assists, and 2.5 threes. 

 

What do you think his stats set will be once he's up and running?  This is what I see:

 

Low - 15 minutes, 8 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes

High - 22 minutes, 11 points, 3 assists, 2 threes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

 

Let's define "serviceable", because maybe serviceable to you means 10 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes, and serviceable to me means 13 points, 4 assists, and 2.5 threes. 

 

What do you think his stats set will be once he's up and running?  This is what I see:

 

Low - 15 minutes, 8 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes

High - 22 minutes, 11 points, 3 assists, 2 threes

To answer your question - "serviceable" to me would be netting 30+ fantasy points per night. My points breakdown is in my SIG. Once he's "up and running" I see him getting 25 minutes, 18 pts, 3 threes, 4 assists, 2 reb, 1 steal. Honestly, anything less than that would be a disappointment in my opinion. I've been stashing him all season so I definitely have some high hopes/bias but I think those stats are VERY obtainable. A Murray injury seals that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to think, in the event of another Murray injury, that Morris would once again be the man.  Morris is better than IT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

To answer your question - "serviceable" to me would be netting 30+ fantasy points per night. My points breakdown is in my SIG. Once he's "up and running" I see him getting 25 minutes, 18 pts, 3 threes, 4 assists, 2 reb, 1 steal. Honestly, anything less than that would be a disappointment in my opinion. I've been stashing him all season so I definitely have some high hopes/bias but I think those stats are VERY obtainable. A Murray injury seals that deal. 

 

18 points, 3 threes, 4 assists in 25 minutes... You realize that Jamal Murray, who is their second leading scorer and minutes leader, is currently only averaging 18.5 points and 5 assists in 33 minutes right? And that's with Gary Harris and Will Barton being banged up all season. If you are expecting IT to put up 18 points a game with a relatively healthy Nuggets team, i think you will be greatly disappointed. The only way for IT to approach the numbers you are hoping for is if Monte Morris and Jamal Murray have a knee-to-knee collision in practice that rupture both players' ACL

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

To answer your question - "serviceable" to me would be netting 30+ fantasy points per night. My points breakdown is in my SIG. Once he's "up and running" I see him getting 25 minutes, 18 pts, 3 threes, 4 assists, 2 reb, 1 steal. Honestly, anything less than that would be a disappointment in my opinion. I've been stashing him all season so I definitely have some high hopes/bias but I think those stats are VERY obtainable. A Murray injury seals that deal. 

 

His career steal rate is 1.1 per 36 minutes and his career 3s made is 2.4 per 36. If you think he can get a steal and three 3s per game in 25 minutes coming off injury then your expectations are way too high.

 

I do think he'll carve out a role for himself because Malone loves him... but there are a LOT of mouths to feed in Denver and most of the action runs through Jokic. 

 

This is almost certainly a wait and see scenario unless you are high up in the standings and can afford to fool around with the end of your bench.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough to roster someone like IT in Denver unless you're in some kind of 30 team league. Denver has a lot of youngies who are their core group who they want to develop, I don't think they want IT to mess that up too much IT will not get more than 15-20 mins off the bench. He is there for vet leadership to the youngies and to give a bit of scoring off the bench come play off time but that's it. I doubt he is a part of Denver's future but if you believe in him still much respects to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, can’t decide on this guy.  Morris is definitely ballin, but IT was an mvp candidate 2 years ago.....Lot of mouths to feed in Denver, but if IT2 can come back ballin like 2 years ago, he’s gonna be tough to keep on the bench.  Tough path to minutes but mad upside if he gets them.  This is the time to grab him, just in case, if youve got some meh kinda guy to drop.  12 teams or larger only....I’m considering dropping mcconnell for him, for what it’s worth.  Decent for assusts and steals, but def a meh guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 12:00 AM, bballshinobi said:

 

18 points, 3 threes, 4 assists in 25 minutes... You realize that Jamal Murray, who is their second leading scorer and minutes leader, is currently only averaging 18.5 points and 5 assists in 33 minutes right? And that's with Gary Harris and Will Barton being banged up all season. If you are expecting IT to put up 18 points a game with a relatively healthy Nuggets team, i think you will be greatly disappointed. The only way for IT to approach the numbers you are hoping for is if Monte Morris and Jamal Murray have a knee-to-knee collision in practice that rupture both players' ACL

yeah def, and jamal is only gettin better, no way IT comes in and starts taking too many shots from their franchise pg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

denver already have a very good backup pg Monte Morris,i don't think IT2 will have big impact in both fantasy and real life in this season:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

He's better than Morris. An injury to Murray can slide him into the starting role. They might not NEED him but that doesnt mean he wont put up solid numbers if given the chance. 

 

On 2/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Once he's "up and running" I see him getting 25 minutes, 18 pts, 3 threes, 4 assists, 2 reb, 1 steal. Honestly, anything less than that would be a disappointment in my opinion.

 

Post hip injury Isaiah is not better than Morris.  Post hip injury Isaiah is an inefficient volume scorer that had his athleticism sapped by that injury.  He doesn't have lift anymore.  Even in a perfect world for an IT owner he got 25 minutes a night (which he won't because they are a deep team and don't need 25 minutes from him), he still probably wouldn't get to 18 a night unless he jacked a bunch of shots, which again they won't need him to do because they are a deep team that shares the ball and has winning aspirations.  

 

I wish him the best because he did lose out on A LOT of money by getting hurt.  But shooting under 40% is going to be the rest of his career.  He might have a game or two where he gets really hot, but similar to guys like Brandon Roy, Amare, Penny, McGrady, etc, once its gone, its gone, and consistently good games are not physically sustainable.  We have seen the best of IT - his game is just going to get worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, bballshinobi said:

 

I think that's the problem because he's not better than Morris at what they will be asked to do. You will probably need BOTH Murray and Morris to go down for IT to have value. IT is basically a 5'8" Carmelo in the sense that he can still score but that's all he can do. Denver has so many capable scorers they will never need to run the offense through IT. If you are the coach, do you want want your role player to be 6'3", plays good defense, and moves the ball, or be 5'8", can't play defense, and a volume shooter? I think the answer is pretty obvious

How do you know what he can do or is willing to do? When was the last time you saw him play? Is there a new interview or something on where his heads at? As far as I can tell he's a 30 year old former all-star at the cross road on a contract year. He's probably going to be playing on a prove it deal again next year but how he plays now could determine what that deal looks like.

Also ask yourself the question why did Denver choose to keep him at the deadline when a team like the Suns desperately needs a PG and a team like the Lakers are loading up for a playoff push? If the Nuggets don't need him and won't play him then they had an ample opportunity ti unload him for a 2nd rounder or something, anything.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 4:15 PM, bballshinobi said:

 

Let's define "serviceable", because maybe serviceable to you means 10 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes, and serviceable to me means 13 points, 4 assists, and 2.5 threes. 

 

What do you think his stats set will be once he's up and running?  This is what I see:

 

Low - 15 minutes, 8 points, 2 assists, 1.5 threes

High - 22 minutes, 11 points, 3 assists, 2 threes

Something that ranks in the top 120 in nine cat leagues is serviceable, especially in my large, deep league which rosters 240 players. IT is free money. I picked him up last week for free. Score.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, Bugs bunny said:

I'd have to think, in the event of another Murray injury, that Morris would once again be the man.  Morris is better than IT.

That's debatable. You don't think that the Nuggets want to see what they have in IT once he's cleared to play? Even if you're right about who's better, you're wrong about how the minutes will go. He's going to get his shot and if he does well and fits in on that second unit he's going to continue to get minutes. We're not talking about some ordinary guy coming back to the league.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, Eltoro said:

 

I do think he'll carve out a role for himself because Malone loves him... but there are a LOT of mouths to feed in Denver and most of the action runs through Jokic. 

I view him as a spark plug off the bench. Given where he's at right now and how the roster looks, he himself would be totally delusional if he didn't view himself as that. He can do a lot of damage quickly against reserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I view him as a spark plug off the bench. Given where he's at right now and how the roster looks, he himself would be totally delusional if he didn't view himself as that. He can do a lot of damage quickly against reserves.

 

Are you IT? You literally answered every post questioning his ROS and how Denver will deal with him 🤔🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.