alpè

Isaiah Thomas 2018-2019 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Are you IT? You literally answered every post questioning his ROS and how Denver will deal with him 🤔🤔🤔

Burner account :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

How do you know what he can do or is willing to do? When was the last time you saw him play? Is there a new interview or something on where his heads at? As far as I can tell he's a 30 year old former all-star at the cross road on a contract year. He's probably going to be playing on a prove it deal again next year but how he plays now could determine what that deal looks like.

Also ask yourself the question why did Denver choose to keep him at the deadline when a team like the Suns desperately needs a PG and a team like the Lakers are loading up for a playoff push? If the Nuggets don't need him and won't play him then they had an ample opportunity ti unload him for a 2nd rounder or something, anything.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I view him as a spark plug off the bench. Given where he's at right now and how the roster looks, he himself would be totally delusional if he didn't view himself as that. He can do a lot of damage quickly against reserves.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

That's debatable. You don't think that the Nuggets want to see what they have in IT once he's cleared to play? Even if you're right about who's better, you're wrong about how the minutes will go. He's going to get his shot and if he does well and fits in on that second unit he's going to continue to get minutes. We're not talking about some ordinary guy coming back to the league.

At first I was thinking "this guy is contradicting everything he's saying...."

Then it hit me!  Pretty obvious you must be IT, because you called us out for not knowing what you and the Nuggets are thinking, but you do.

image.jpeg.3f633c56c4211893d543ecf7d605e366.jpeg

Some of you guys dish speculation like it's factual information. Keep wearing those tinfoil hats and ear plugs. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Some of you guys dish speculation like it's factual information. Keep wearing those tinfoil hats and ear plugs. Good luck.

Preach! Listen to this man! He's giving us facts and only facts! After all, he is Isaiah Thomas so everything he said were facts directly from the horse's mouth! Not speculation or educated guesses like what we are doing!

Allow me to show you all the facts he gave us:

5 hours ago, Spyplane said:

How do you know what he can do or is willing to do? When was the last time you saw him play? Is there a new interview or something on where his heads at? As far as I can tell he's a 30 year old former all-star at the cross road on a contract year (comment: so true! IT did made all star games a couple of times). He's probably going to be playing on a prove it deal again next year but how he plays now could determine what that deal looks like (comment: absolutely true!).

Also ask yourself the question why did Denver choose to keep him at the deadline when a team like the Suns desperately needs a PG and a team like the Lakers are loading up for a playoff push? If the Nuggets don't need him and won't play him then they had an ample opportunity ti unload him for a 2nd rounder or something, anything (comment: an NBA team can trade its player for a 2nd rounder or something? Ain't that the truth!).

Something that ranks in the top 120 in nine cat leagues is serviceable (comment: true again! Top 120 in a 12-team league is basically must-own!), especially in my large, deep league which rosters 240 players. IT is free money. I picked him up last week for free. Score.

I view him as a spark plug off the bench (comment: I think this is a lie, you are Isaiah Thomas, so you must view yourself as a MVP caliber player who deserves a Brink's truck of cash ). Given where he's at right now and how the roster looks, he himself would be totally delusional if he didn't view himself as that. He can do a lot of damage quickly against reserves (comment: very true! IT will have to do it quickly because he only has 25 minutes to score 18 points!).

Edited by bballshinobi

The Nuggets would be foolish to give IT any meaningful minutes and if they do it woukd be at the expense of Monte who has been awesome all year and deserves his backup pg minutes. At best IT should get 10-14 min per. as the Nuggs own him nothing. Good night sir. 

Edited by chud12

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

The Nuggets would be foolish to give IT any meaningful minutes and if they do it woukd be at the expense of Monte who has been awesome all year and deserves his backup pg minutes. At best IT should get 10-14 min per. as the Nuggs own him nothing. Good night sir. 

This.

Malone may give him a few minutes here and there but they aren't going to disrupt their rotation, team chemistry, and player development for a guy who probably won't be with the team six months from now.  Monte and Beasley are even stealing time from core guys like Barton and Murray as they will Harris when he is able to play. 

as much as i want to grab him...the nuggets are the worst team he can be on. People are even dropping gary harris in the 5 leagues im in and imagine when harris is back. They got back ups for their back ups playing starter mins right now and doing well. If anything their front court can use more personal but there backcourt is as stacked as any in the nba.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

12 Minutes/8 points/1 three/4 assists/1 reb tonight. 

tonight and ros averages :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yea. Looks like a good ros average to be barring injuries. 

He won't play a lot at first, but I bet he is pushing 20+ minutes by the end of the year.  Should be a nice bench player for anyone in a deep league.  I will go with 13 points 5 assists 1.5 threes.  Hard to find assists this late in the season.  He should be a nice bench guard.  He is productive even in limited minutes as an injured player.  If he is actually healthy again, there is no reason he won't be instant offense off the bench for the Nuggets.

I'm not quite sure what to expect with IT. I made arrangements at PG in my dynasty league where I don't have to rely on him and anything that IT gives me is gravy. If he ends up irrelevant in fantasy hoops/NBA, he's an easy drop. I root for the guy and hope he finds a role somewhere, which may not be Denver next year.

8 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

wow...close enough prediction.

Glad IT is finally playing, that's all.

• Like 1

Isaiah is probably getting anywhere between 12-20 minutes until his minute restriction is lifted (even so probably 16-20 MPG is expected) or someone else gets hurt (again). 

He is probably best suited for deeper leagues ROS but I will give some analysis of what I saw from IT tonight. Could be useful information to look back on for next year.

Game Notes:
IT was not shy triggering open shots, a good sign for someone who struggled last season on his 3 point shooting.
IT played alongside Morris almost the whole game, a good fit because Morris moves the ball very well and will hit the timely shots.
Harris is another good wing to play with alongside IT due to his Defense and floor spacing. Also because Gary Harris is Gary Harris and gels with anyone.
Paul Millsap is probably going to be on the court every time IT is in, another great fit due to his defensive+ offensive versatility.
IT showed some some of pre injury explosiveness, got to the line on some nice determined drives.
I was slightly concerned in the beginning of the game because at one point IT missed 2 straight mid range shots, both short of the rim. This was a problem last year as he never had a consistent rhythm and was short on a lot of his jumpers last year. 
IT responded by having a fantastic game behind the arc, and even making a couple vintage pull up threes . Good sign
Again, IT obviously has his limitations on defense but this team provides good help defense and great spacing. This is the time of team that can use an IT or a Lou Williams to their best strengths. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, two0six said:

Isaiah is probably getting anywhere between 12-20 minutes until his minute restriction is lifted (even so probably 16-20 MPG is expected) or someone else gets hurt (again). 

He is probably best suited for deeper leagues ROS but I will give some analysis of what I saw from IT tonight. Could be useful information to look back on for next year.

Game Notes:
IT was not shy triggering open shots, a good sign for someone who struggled last season on his 3 point shooting.
IT played alongside Morris almost the whole game, a good fit because Morris moves the ball very well and will hit the timely shots.
Harris is another good wing to play with alongside IT due to his Defense and floor spacing. Also because Gary Harris is Gary Harris and gels with anyone.
Paul Millsap is probably going to be on the court every time IT is in, another great fit due to his defensive+ offensive versatility.
IT showed some some of pre injury explosiveness, got to the line on some nice determined drives.
I was slightly concerned in the beginning of the game because at one point IT missed 2 straight mid range shots, both short of the rim. This was a problem last year as he never had a consistent rhythm and was short on a lot of his jumpers last year. 
IT responded by having a fantastic game behind the arc, and even making a couple vintage pull up threes . Good sign
Again, IT obviously has his limitations on defense but this team provides good help defense and great spacing. This is the time of team that can use an IT or a Lou Williams to their best strengths. 

Jesus, was this write up necessary lol?? We know who the guys is and what he should and shouldn’t do on a Nuggets team where IT is prob anywhere from the 5th-10th best player. He should not have a lou Will role, good god no. This team does not need a player like that at all.  

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Jesus, was this write up necessary lol?? We know who the guys is and what he should and shouldn’t do on a Nuggets team where IT is prob anywhere from the 5th-10th best player. He should not have a lou Will role, good god no. This team does not need a player like that at all.  

IT is exactly the type of player denver need whenever their offense gets cold, I have seen multiple games this year when Denver simply gets blown out because no one is able to create their own shot. This write was necessary because almost everytime IT is brought up he gets ****ted on and devalued. If you watched IT last year you would think this man will never be good again (ok maybe exaggerative but people lost all hope and still probably think he's done). 

Not sure why you calling me out on writing out my opinion of IT on his season thread... dude barely played last year. People probably are curious if he looks closer to last years forum or the SAC/BOS form (not 30 PPG Boston obviously, but he was good the other seasons in BOS)

Edited by two0six
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol in a game nuggets won by 10, Thomas was the only player who played more than 10 minutes and had negative +/-.

Maybe Thomas can have fantasy value if Nuggets can blow out every opponent so they can put in IT to keep the game closer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Is he worth a look with his minutes seemingly ramping up?

It’s been blow out central every game he’s played. His minutes won’t be ramping up on this team. 

15 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It’s been blow out central every game he’s played. His minutes won’t be ramping up on this team. 

Bro do you even have any stock in IT or do you pop in once a day to just to be negative? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Bro do you even have any stock in IT or do you pop in once a day to just to be negative? 

Own him in a dynasty league. I have zero faith for this year. Hoping much better situation next year. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

That's how he works on every thread. Just ignore him.

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

That's how he works on every thread. Just ignore him.

Lol again?  You have been wrong all year,  ever going to stop? You dissapeared and went into hiding on the Allen and Miro threads so fast  😂😂 I’m negative when the player warrents it. I own plenty of guys where I praise them or our positive over there ros outlooks it just seems like when you own certain players and I disagree with your outlook, you take it personal. Go back into hiding for another month. 😂😂

Edited by chud12