The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

He's a good example of why you dont burn an early pick on a QB. 

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Guy deserves a thread now especially for this.

DnPljLnWsAA1gc9.jpg

Harvard represent!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

He's a good example of why you dont burn an early pick on a QB. 

Only if you actually had the courage to start him either of the past 2 weeks. Everyone is a genius after the fact.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Only if you actually had the courage to start him either of the past 2 weeks. Everyone is a genius after the fact.

I was mostly referring to his rest of season outlook. He could be this years Bortles or Alex Smith where he ends up as an elite fantasy QB after going undrafted.

Jameius def going to be sitting on bench rest of season unless a fitzpatrick injury. This guy has always had the talent and even in his starts last year you could see where he was starting to get the dirk koetter offense. Now of course regression is coming but right now alex smith or cam rest of season? Give me fitzmagic or fitztragic over average alex. I had 0 shares of him in daily (I went with 50 percent mahomes so not a total loss) but after hearing d jax concussion issus then playing I went with zero shares with philly having 10 days to prepare. This past week in a 2 qb league I purchased sam darnold over fitzmagic and starting to really hate that decision. Oh well such is life. 

How much FAAB you think hes worth?  A quarter of it?  50%?

great story thus far, by all accounts one of the good guys ... oh, and, as an Evans owner in 2 leagues :D

1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

I'm thinking about using my number one waiver claim on him to start him until Wentz returns.

Hes probably worth it, but Wentz has a good shot to return next week.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I started him this week and destroyed the league. And let me tell you something, I don't think this is stopping for a while either like years past. Why?

1. Dude seems 3 times more confident and in a better place than I've ever seen him before.

2. I like this quote from him 1 day before Sunday's game. 'This is the best football I've ever played before. I feel like I've finally figured things out'. Now usually I might take this with a grain of salt. But when a guy with a 160 IQ says it, I tend to listen more.

3. Yes, he's failed as a backup before, buuuuut he usually inherited teams that were broken by the time he got them. Not this time. He got everybody healthy and firing on all cylinders.

4. He's never had 5 weapons on offense that can take it to the house on any given completion. Don't try to sell me he did. He didn't.

5. The Steelers just gave up 6 passing TD's this week. 6! Guess who Fitzmagic plays next?

6. His offensive line looks mega legit. He could have have taken an Ivy league entrance exam in the pocket before passing. And that was against the world champs!

7. Hate all you like, but I'm starting.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I started him this week and destroyed the league. And let me tell you something, I don't think this is stopping for a while either like years past. Why?

1. Dude seems 3 times more confident and in a better place than I've ever seen him before.

2. I like this quote from him 1 day before Sunday's game. 'This is the best football I've ever played before. I feel like I've finally figured things out'. Now usually I might take this with a grain of salt. But when a guy with a 160 IQ says it, I tend to listen more.

3. Yes, he's failed as a backup before, buuuuut he usually inherited teams that were broken by the time he got them. Not this time. He got everybody healthy and firing on all cylinders.

4. He's never had 5 weapons on offense that can take it to the house on any given completion. Don't try to sell me he did. He didn't.

5. The Steelers just gave up 6 passing TD's this week. 6! Guess who Fitzmagic plays next?

6. His offensive line looks mega legit. He could have have taken an Ivy league entrance exam in the pocket before passing. And that was against the world champs!

Great post.

He is still getting disrespected even after week 2s performance.

EZ start over Jimmy G for me as well.

13 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Thanks for the post.

Can you show me where you found the quote from your point #2? I drafted Jameis as my backup QB in a must-draft-2-QBs league and trying to decide how much to bid on Fitzpatrick, and that quote sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Hate to say this but I think Jameis Winston gets his job back before the year is up. TB is frustrated with his off-field antics but I don't believe (I haven't done an exhaustive search, but I intend to) anyone connected to the league believes Fitzpatrick will keep Jameis on the bench all season. Winston was playing lights out before his suspension (preseason). This isn't a Fitz thing, it's a TB offense thing. The shark move here may be picking up Jameis on the cheap and waiting for the inevitable implosion from Fitzpatrick. You keep Jamies on the bench all season, you can kiss your franchise QB goodbye. Do you think they are seriously considering that? If so, I would definitely be surprised. What are the talking heads saying? I think all the chatter is simply to give Winston a wakeup call because his leash is getting shorter. The wins and hype are an excellent way to send a message to your bigger than life quarterback who thinks he doesn't have to play by the rules. Just my two cents. I'm putting my bid in for Jameis this week actually.... 

If the Bucs are 3-0 and then 4-0 after the turn around short week ( Jameis first week eligible but its on a short week so no way hes more than emergency backup ), there is no way they would then risk losing the locker room randomly changing quarter backs on a playoff contending team.

Fitz has this locker room electrified and excited for Tampa Bay Bucs football...think about that and we will get to watch this story unfold next Monday.  If he lights it up in prime time, sorry Jameis isnt coming back anytime soon.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hate to say this but I think Jameis Winston gets his job back before the year is up. TB is frustrated with his off-field antics but I don't believe (I haven't done an exhaustive search, but I intend to) anyone connected to the league believes Fitzpatrick will keep Jameis on the bench all season. Winston was playing lights out before his suspension (preseason). This isn't a Fitz thing, it's a TB offense thing. The shark move here may be picking up Jameis on the cheap and waiting for the inevitable implosion from Fitzpatrick. You keep Jamies on the bench all season, you can kiss your franchise QB goodbye. Do you think they are seriously considering that? If so, I would definitely be surprised. What are the talking heads saying? I think all the chatter is simply to give Winston a wakeup call because his leash is getting shorter. The wins and hype are an excellent way to send a message to your bigger than life quarterback who thinks he doesn't have to play by the rules. Just my two cents. I'm putting my bid in for Jameis this week actually.... 

I can definitely see Jameis getting the job back "before the season is over" but for us with a QB going on a bye in say week 5,6, or 7 there's a tough decision to make.

I drafted Winston as my QB2 in a league where we only have 2 QB slots on the roster so I've gotta decide whether to bid on Fitz (dropping Winston) and how much

decisions, decisions

When you see DeSean's face when Jameis was eating W's and the man is shirtless at Fitz's press conference.  I think Fitz won this team over.

• Like 2