The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

We'll see.  As much as I like Fitz, I fear for him this Sunday. 

That Bears D is absolutely ferocious (and nearly killed Rodgers).

These new Monsters of the Midway are nothing to play around with.

7 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Do they really though? Winston is not some Goff/Mahomes prodigy. Look at how inspired his team mates are here.

Hah this was great (in how bad it is). Even better considering he got in trouble for steal crab legs in college. 

In all seriousness though the guy is talented but he has been a knucklehead at times on/off the field. I know the most recent suspension was from something like 2 years ago but hopefully the time-off enabled the guy to do some much needed reflection and maturation. Fitzpatrick shouldn't be starting over him (from a talent perspective) although with how well Fitzpatrick's played he'll have to falter for Bucs to have a reason to bring Jameis in. He is their future (at least relative to Fitz) so I don't think they'll be hesitant to throw Jameis in the first chance Fitz gives them. 

Edited by Jaw1

5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

We'll see.  As much as I like Fitz, I fear for him this Sunday. 

That Bears D is absolutely ferocious (and nearly killed Rodgers).

These new Monsters of the Midway are nothing to play around with.

Im starting Chi defense against the bucs, i hate to say it but eventually the magic show will end and Winston will go back to being the starter and probably kill everyones value in this offense lol (he wont kill anyones value)

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, psygolf said:

No need to stash a player buried down in waivers, he doesn't have any value right now, especially if you don't own FitzM

I disagree. Considering what we have seen out of Fitz it is reasonable to expect similar numbers from Winston. Winston is a better talent. Under the assumption Fitz gets benched and the Bucs go to Winston you might have a top-5 QB. The Bucs have a ton of weapons on that offense.

If I didn't have a top-10 QB I might look into stashing Winston and hope I can have a top-10 QB in the 2nd half of the season.

• Like 1

Do you guys honestly think Fitz won't be efficient with the short passing game against the bears?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bears are great at stuffing the run! 

The bucs have a decent O-line, good enuf to give Fitz enough time to get the passing game going.

Is everyone scared to start Fitz this week??

What happens when he blows up on your bench for at least 3 tds?

Mack who???

Edited by joed2323

2 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Do you guys honestly think Fitz won't be efficient with the short passing game against the bears?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bears are great at stuffing the run! 

The bucs have a decent O-line, good enuf to give Fitz enough time to get the passing game going.

Is everyone scared to start Fitz this week??

What happens when he blows up on your bench for at least 3 tds?

Mack who???

They havent faced a team that can get to the qb like the bears can.

35 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

They havent faced a team that can get to the qb like the bears can.

True but you don't think they have been practicing this all week?

Practicing getting the ball out quicker? Short routes. Etc?

It's not like Fitz is going to be totally unprepared and has no clue that the bears will be a tougher matchup or the toughest matchup to date this year...

I'm hoping Fitz carves up the bears defense! Just to put a stop to any doubters and Winston!

I think I'm starting Fitz over Rivers this week and Rivers has a better matchup on paper

Edited by joed2323

15 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

It's not like Fitz is going to be totally unprepared and has no clue that the bears will be a tougher matchup or the toughest matchup to date this year...

I'm hoping Fitz carves up the bears defense! Just to put a stop to any doubters and Winston!

I think I'm starting Fitz over Rivers this week and Rivers has a better matchup on paper

Buddy, it's clear that you want Fitz to be the guy, REALLY want him to be the starter. But you have to remember this isn't about what you want or hope. To win in this game, you have to see things objectively and rationally. Data indicate that the Bears defense is TOUGH. History indicates that Fitz doesn't handle pressure well (it showed last week). Common sense points out that Jameis Winston will be the starter sooner than later. He IS the young franchise quarterback of that team. Why not use that information to help your team win games? Why not make a play for Winston or sell Fitz high to some dumb dumb who believes he will remain the starter all season long? I'm saying this with the best intentions. It's not emotional. It is business. Fitz feels good now. He won some teams games. But Sunday will be the beginning of the end for him as the starter. It's what the tea leaves are spelling out. Not something I am wishing for. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

He had very good WRs last week and still threw 3ints, a pick 6, had a couple of ints dropped and lost the game. Let's not act like he's playing flawless football. 

Lets not act like Godwin didn't drop 2 TDs and fumbled.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Buddy, it's clear that you want Fitz to be the guy, REALLY want him to be the starter. But you have to remember this isn't about what you want or hope. To win in this game, you have to see things objectively and rationally. Data indicate that the Bears defense is TOUGH. History indicates that Fitz doesn't handle pressure well (it showed last week). Common sense points out that Jameis Winston will be the starter sooner than later. He IS the young franchise quarterback of that team. Why not use that information to help your team win games? Why not make a play for Winston or sell Fitz high to some dumb dumb who believes he will remain the starter all season long? I'm saying this with the best intentions. It's not emotional. It is business. Fitz feels good now. He won some teams games. But Sunday will be the beginning of the end for him as the starter. It's what the tea leaves are spelling out. Not something I am wishing for. 

Ride the hot hand until its not hot anymore.

Hand is still hot.

He's not supposed to be doing any of this yet here we are.

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Hand is still hot.

If you can get value, get it. But if you can't, ride it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

50 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Hand is still hot.

Yes here we are but are you looking at the big picture here

1 hour ago, joed2323 said:

More power to you then.  But be forewarned if Fitz begins to implode and Winston takes over midway in the game (which could have happened against Steelers if Winston was active), then you'll wish you hadn't gone down that road.

Roll the dice against the Bears D if you wish.

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQimage.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQimage.php?encI=X55g9:DDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVgiphy.webp

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQimage.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQimage.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQimage.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVf4W1DtABCRRnlqJTBWDsWgXq.sWQ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Trying to get value is a little greedy I think.  Probably a WW pickup for most.  Ride it till it dies and be proactive and pick up Winston or some other QB for the insurance.  Any given Sunday, ya know.  Maybe this is Fitz's year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devaster said:

I disagree. Considering what we have seen out of Fitz it is reasonable to expect similar numbers from Winston. Winston is a better talent. Under the assumption Fitz gets benched and the Bucs go to Winston you might have a top-5 QB. The Bucs have a ton of weapons on that offense.

If I didn't have a top-10 QB I might look into stashing Winston and hope I can have a top-10 QB in the 2nd half of the season.

I think Winston is a chucker

I'm streaming Flacco and benching him. If he blows up on my bench, GREAT! I can start him going forward against anybody! If he sucks a** then I didn't start him.

Both starting Bears corners are out now, Amukamara and Cooper. Obviously, Fitzy goes with how the pass rush goes. He's always been Tom Brady with tons of time and Blaine Gabbert when pressured. They'll have to double on Mack and hope for the best. But I have to roll him, or it's Mariota :/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Yes here we are but are you looking at the big picture here

More power to you then.  But be forewarned if Fitz begins to implode and Winston takes over midway in the game (which could have happened against Steelers if Winston was active), then you'll wish you hadn't gone down that road.

Roll the dice against the Bears D if you wish.

image.php?encI=X55g9:DDVf4W1.sWgXq.JvVDVgiphy.webp

Why are you so sure they are going to pull him mid game if he turns the ball over?

What happens when Winston throws some picks and fumbles? Are they going to bench him and bring in the third stringer?

Fitzpatrick has a LONG leash. This is absurd. Does not throwing for 1200 yards 12 TD/4 INT earn him a long leash or does he deserve to benched immediately after throwing an INT? Winston is W EATING WINSTON, he is not Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Mahomes, etc. the second coming is not coming back to QB its WINSTON. I don't understand this at all.

Edited by pdog109
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Why are you so sure they are going to pull him mid game if he turns the ball over?

What happens when Winston throws some picks and fumbles? Are they going to bench him and bring in the third stringer?

Fitzpatrick has a LONG leash. This is absurd.

Especially since he showed last week that he can rebound if the offensive line rebounds. They were down 21 points in the 4th quarter and almost won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Curious how many Fitz owners have cuffed him with Winston.  Sucks to roster 2 qbs especially heading into a bye but I guess it’s better to grab him now while he’s free?

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Curious how many Fitz owners have cuffed him with Winston.  Sucks to roster 2 qbs especially heading into a bye but I guess it’s better to grab him now while he’s free?

I have.  It wouldn't be much of an issue for me if Trey Burton wasn't on bye next week.  So, after this weekend, I'm gonna have to drop one of them for a TE streamer.  I'm hoping this week will clear the muddy waters, so to speak.  I'm hoping for all or nothing....either Fitz goes beserk again and wins the game, or he gets demolished by that Bears front 7 and turns the ball over a bunch of times.  The Bear's secondary is in shambles.  It can go either way.  Worst possible outcome would be that Fitz plays mediocre and the Bucs still win.

That week 6 matchup TB vs ATL is a great one.  And I have Stafford who is on bye that week...  So, you see the pickle I am in here.

Edited by KRB80

I know history has a way of repeating itself, but why can't Fitz keep the job the whole year? It's a new system with a different coaching staff and he performed well as the spot starter last year. Now in his 2nd year in the system and he has full control of the offense. I'm benching him this week for reasons listed above for Russell Wilson (vs. Cardinals), but I anticipate him being on my team the whole season.

4 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

I know history has a way of repeating itself, but why can't Fitz keep the job the whole year? It's a new system with a different coaching staff and he performed well as the spot starter last year. Now in his 2nd year in the system and he has full control of the offense. I'm benching him this week for reasons listed above for Russell Wilson (vs. Cardinals), but I anticipate him being on my team the whole season.

Because Winston is their #1 overall pick and their potential future.  The organization is heavily invested in him and with a big contract looming up ahead, they need to see what they have in him and if there is further development.  Fitzpatrick is a dead end.  That TB defense isn't gonna bring them to the Super Bowl.

9 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

He can, there’s just little room for error.

1 minute ago, KRB80 said:

Because Winston is their #1 overall pick and their potential future.  The organization is heavily invested in him and with a big contract looming up ahead, they need to see what they have in him and if there is further development.  Fitzpatrick is a dead end.  That TB defense isn't gonna bring them to the Super Bowl.

Winston has been playing for the last 3 years.

You know who else was a #1 pick overall? Jamarcus Russell.

Right, big contract up ahead. Will they give him the big money to eat wins on the sideline?

2 minutes ago, KRB80 said:

Right, but Koetter is playing for his job right now. If Fitz doesn't fall on his face against the Bears, even with a loss, and Koetter turns to Winston who loses his 1st game out of the bye.. he's gonna be a lame duck coach.