The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

He won't. Winston will have a short leash every game but in the end, he is their "franchise QB".

no such thing as a losing "franchise" QB...that gives up 3 turnovers a game.

Hopefully some of the people that infiltrated this thread laughing about Fitz now realize what knowledgable football folks already did: Jameis Winston is dumb as a rock and not a very good QB. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Don't get pulled into this trap. Fitzpatrick will do what he always does... How short of a memory do people have??? It was FOUR weeks ago Fitzpatrick was benched for Jameis...   Fitzpatrick will throw multiple picks and they will bench him for Jameis, then vice versa.  I would avoid both QBs if I were you (and I was a Fitz owner then Jameis owner).  At this point you never know if you get a full game out of either QB.

• Like 1

Everyone knows what Fitz is. I just thought it was funny a few people came in here pumping up Winston when Fitz hit a rough patch. He's got 70 turnovers in 49 career games and leads the league in interceptions despite missing virtually half the season. Great call guys!

3 hours ago, Panamared said:

Don't get pulled into this trap. Fitzpatrick will do what he always does... How short of a memory do people have??? It was FOUR weeks ago Fitzpatrick was benched for Jameis...   Fitzpatrick will throw multiple picks and they will bench him for Jameis, then vice versa.  I would avoid both QBs if I were you (and I was a Fitz owner then Jameis owner).  At this point you never know if you get a full game out of either QB.

Probably right here....both are turnover machines.  Although, seems they've been a much better offensive team this year with Fitz than Winston.  

As an Evans owner though, I'm hoping for Fitz.  He's seemed to perform better this year with Fitz than with Winston.

I don't see 1 bad game as a reason for them to pull the plug on Winston the rest of the year, I feel both QBs will have short leashes regardless who is starting and we will likely see Fitz be asked to bail TB out of a hole again if Jameis has another 3-4 TO game in 1st half. 

Think about him as being a killer 6th man in basketball, coaches don't always want to have their best 6th man starting like Manu Gino used to do.  When you have Fitz behind Jameis you force Jameis to play better or he will get benched.  If you start Fitz you don't have that ace in the hole if things go south.  

I think an injury is what is needed to get Fitzmagic back in the saddle unless Jameis gets benched several weeks in a row and becomes a lost cause. 

Edited by Zak0221

Winston seems to be on the Vince Young career arc to me.  Talented athlete but just doesn't have what it takes between the ears to run an NFL offense.  I don't want any part of this QB committee but as an Evans owner give me Fitz all day long. 

RE: Fitz outlook... Have to wonder at what point Winston loses the "franchise qb" label.  If he isn't developing then the team will have to make future plans and maybe Fitz is the bridge.  Low mileage so he could still go for a few more seasons I'd bet.

Edited by ragrag
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I don't see 1 bad game as a reason for them to pull the plug on Winston the rest of the year, I feel both QBs will have short leashes regardless who is starting and we will likely see Fitz be asked to bail TB out of a hole again if Jameis has another 3-4 TO game in 1st half. 

Think about him as being a killer 6th man in basketball, coaches don't always want to have their best 6th man starting like Manu Gino used to do.  When you have Fitz behind Jameis you force Jameis to play better or he will get benched.  If you start Fitz you don't have that ace in the hole if things go south.  

I think an injury is what is needed to get Fitzmagic back in the saddle unless Jameis gets benched several weeks in a row and becomes a lost cause. 

He's had two bad games in a row.

57 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

In the short term who would you bet starts next week @ Carolina? 

If the coaches paid any attention this season they would start Fitzpatrick and tell him he's their guy this season with no shot of being benched (even if it's a lie). He started the season great when he had nothing to lose. As soon as he thought he could lose the starting job he stopped playing relaxed and drowned in a hole of nerves. Yesterday again with nothing to lose he was great. Bet DJax would stop asking for a trade if Fitz was the guy.

Edited by Godeep

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

He's had two bad games in a row.

? I said benched several games in a row.  Winston didnt lose to the Browns nor was he benched.

Did he have a bad fantasy game? Yes but he made enough plays for them to win (even though his OT pick was horrific)

His leash is def very short, any game he starts off w several INTs he could get yanked for Fitz bc coaches know Fitz is capable of pulling a comeback.  Doesnt mean though that FitzMagic gets to start again, and even if he does his leash will likely be as short as Jameis.

Neither QB is “safe” tbh whoever starts cant be certain to finish the game.

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Should be Fitz easily. Winston is garbage and needs to be a backup on another team.

He's not just garbage, he's hot garbage. The kind that sits out for weeks in the summer heat and smells like death.

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He's not just garbage, he's hot garbage. The kind that sits out for weeks in the summer heat and smells like death.

Hey Fitz.....are they finally over Winston?  Is this it? I don’t know how much longer FitzMagic could go on, but I’m pretty sure he is younger than Ben, Rivers, and Eli. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

Hey Fitz.....are they finally over Winston?  Is this it? I don’t know how much longer FitzMagic could go on, but I’m pretty sure he is younger than Ben, Rivers, and Eli. 

What? Fitz is 35....

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Mistake was wasting draft pick on RoJo.

Just now, TennisMenace said:

Im pretty sure the three I named >35

Yea but they each might be at most 36 or 37 lol

I think Fitz drafted the same year as those 3.

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Yea but they each might be at most 36 or 37 lol

I think Fitz drafted the same year as those 3.

My point is this....those three guys are still around and two of them are still good.  So maybe Fitz can be your starting qb for two more years while you groom his replacement.  Winston is just not a smart qb and a turnover waiting to happen. We’ve all seen enough...I’m sure the smart people in Tampa must concur.

Eli will be 38 in January.

Rivers will be 37 in December. 

Ben will be 37 in March 

Edited by TennisMenace

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

My point is this....those three guys are still around and two of them are still good.  So maybe Fitz can be your starting qb for two more years while you groom his replacement.  Winston is just not a smart qb and a turnover waiting to happen. We’ve all seen enough...I’m sure the smart people in Tampa must concur.

Lol no you do not want to plan to use Fitz as a two year stopgap

Hes a fantasic backup QB, one of best in league but he is not someone you want going into a season with if you have post season hopes.

If they draft a QB and let Winston walk ok sure Fitz for half a season then let rookie take over.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Eli will be 38 in January.

Ricers will be 37 in December. 

I knew they were each about same age as they shared a draft class.