papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Is this guy worth a shot at the tail end of draft? I remember him producing in multiple cats last season (something like prime batum numbers), but way too inconsistent. 

I would take a last round flier on him. However, there are many guys to do so at that level. The kid has skills but still raw. I hope he shows his worth this season but it will require the team to cut some depth in the positions he plays.

• Like 1

If Dinwiddie gets traded (to the Suns hopefully), I’d be running for LeVert. He’s one of my favourite players but the Nets just have a lot of depth at his position(s)

• Like 2

Oh last pick its not even a question.  That means you're in a 10 team or noncompetitive league.  I would go for him around pick 100, especially if I needed guard stats.  

He's gonna get big minutes (for the Nets that's about 28-30).  He's one of the building blocks of this franchise.  Would not be surprised to see him starting at SF.  If he comes off the bench even better - he'll feast on second units.  He'll possibly start at PG if D-lo gets hurt again, and will likely fill in backup minutes there anyway.  

His upside is still really high.  Predicting   

16 points / 4 reb / 4 ast / 1.5 stl / 1.5 threes  

That's probably good for close to top 60-75 value. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dear Nets Front Office -

Please be the one to trade for Jimmy Butler and include Caris LeVert in the deal so he can get the minutes he deserves and blow up on the Wolves! Thanks.

Sincerely

Fans and fantasy owners of Caris LeVert

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Dear Nets Front Office -

Please be the one to trade for Jimmy Butler and include Caris LeVert in the deal so he can get the minutes he deserves and blow up on the Wolves! Thanks.

Sincerely

Fans and fantasy owners of Caris LeVert

ahahahahahah NICE
I back that up ! :D  

Interesting... Levert may be better off in Brooklyn w/o a trade, or even w Jimmy there if Dlo is moved (contract year). In Min he will be the 4th option behind KAT, Wig, Teague

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chaiway said:

Interesting... Levert may be better off in Brooklyn w/o a trade, or even w Jimmy there if Dlo is moved (contract year). In Min he will be the 4th option behind KAT, Wig, Teague

I agree.  I'd rather have him on the nets than wolves by far.  

Out of Danilo/Cedi/Lamb/Levert for last SF spot..who's the better add?

I am leaning on Osman but Levert and Roto blurb makes me think twice about it..

5 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

For me Gallinari enjoy whatever you get from him and move on, if he stays healthy ship it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skyjogger13 said:

Levert.  I'm biased but objectively as possible I'd say we've seen Lamb's ceiling for stretches of last year, and although it's good, it's not THAT good.  Gallo I would never roster and if you pick him up you'll end up dropping him in a few days/weeks when he gets hurt.  Osman is speculative and his ceiling would be Levert's floor imo.  

Levert is going to make the jump this year, MIP is possible, all star team is possible.  His ceiling this year is 18-20 ppg and stuffing the stat sheet on a nightly basis.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Averaged essentially 12/4/4 w 1.2 3s and steals in 26 min last year but the issue was efficiency - 43.5/71 (45/76 over last 2 months). If those go up alongside playing time then 15/5/5 w 1.5 3s/steals in 28-30 min should be within reach.

What makes me salivate is what he did against Miami on 3/31 - 34min 19/12/8/2/1... 

It's his 3rd year, just turned 24, getting some serious hype from teammates and coaches.

Lastly, he's 6'7" and can play 1-3 so lots of options for playing time. I do hope he gets to play w Jarrett Allen more but Ed Davis should help as well

Edited by chaiway
  • Thanks 1

I'm all on board for the LeVert train this coming season. Got him in my 2 leagues as my late round pick.

• Haha 1

Caris LeVert has been drawing plenty of praise at training camp from Nets players and coaches.

According to veteran Jared Dudley, LeVert has been "scoring at will." Dudley added: "I haven’t seen anyone guard him in here in the last couple of weeks." LeVert will need to improve his offensive efficiency to make a leap this season, but he's spent the offseason working on his shot. The Brooklyn backcourt is crowded, and his injury history is worrisome, but LeVert is still an intriguing late-round pick in standard leagues due to his undeniable upside.

Ok..this is one too many praise..new prediction: 29mins 1.7 3s 18 5 5 1.5 0.5

Hype train is so strong w this one MUST DRAFT/ADD from waiver 

In my last round I had a pick between Levert and RHJ and I went RHJ...hope I didn't make a mistake lol cause the Levert hype train is lookin gravy

1 hour ago, skyjogger13 said:

Caris LeVert has been drawing plenty of praise at training camp from Nets players and coaches.

According to veteran Jared Dudley, LeVert has been "scoring at will." Dudley added: "I haven’t seen anyone guard him in here in the last couple of weeks." LeVert will need to improve his offensive efficiency to make a leap this season, but he's spent the offseason working on his shot. The Brooklyn backcourt is crowded, and his injury history is worrisome, but LeVert is still an intriguing late-round pick in standard leagues due to his undeniable upside.

FT% prediction???

43 minutes ago, turner46 said:

FT% prediction???

71 last year but 76 last 2 months, slight improvement to 78 would be good anything else is gravy

• Thanks 1

The hope is that his 3pt shot is great because that his best chance of getting a starting lineup spot. Crabbe’s long range shooting is useful for BKN but LeVert is better in every other possible way

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skyjogger13 said:

14 hours ago, fabrar said:

In my last round I had a pick between Levert and RHJ and I went RHJ...hope I didn't make a mistake lol cause the Levert hype train is lookin gravy

Hey Dudley that's because the Nets can't guard anybody anyway...

Sorry no offense but I just don't see the fascination or upside with RHJ.  Maybe I'm wrong.

• Haha 1

been targeting him and Jeremy Lamb with my last two picks in most drafts. They have high floors and incredibly high ceilings for how late they are going

• Like 3