papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Would be awesome if we revisit this thread in a couple months and he’s doing better than Oladipo 🤞

LeVert's percentages are too ugly for that to happen.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

LeVert's percentages are too ugly for that to happen.

He'll most definitely improve though. Best & most exciting player on his team, he shares that with Oladipo

8 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Is he worth a roster spot ? 

Lol. Run now.

I see a prime Batum in him. 

1 hour ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Lol. Run now.

I see a prime Batum in him. 

That would be amazing especially cause he has already proven to have a better defensive mind set than Batum ever had. Like a lot of mid round players, efficiency will be the difference between top 50 and top 100 value.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Would be awesome if we revisit this thread in a couple months and when he’s doing better than Oladipo 🤞

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 3 week accelerated evolution of this thread is fascinating. From late round flier to High End 2nd Round Stud. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

The 3 week accelerated evolution of this thread is fascinating. From late round flier to High End 2nd Round Stud. 

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure where that came from.  I'd say the most overboard thing is expecting him to do just as good or better than Oladipo.  Not going to happen.  He can't shoot from the field or the free throw line anywhere near as good as Oladipo, so that automatically eliminates any chance of that happening.

LeVert could be fun to own though, as long as you're willing to take on a bad FT% for a guard and a mediocre FG%.  Personally, I'm going to pass because if I'm going to take on a FT% in the low 70's, it's going to likely be for a big man (not a guard).

Yahoo is taking too much time to add guard position to LeVert. I don't know where they based their position eligibility to players. ESPN and NBA indicates his position as  SG but Yahoo considered him as SF. He should be a PG/SG as he also handles the ball at least 50% of the time when he's on the floor.

Please support the addition of Guard position to LeVert by casting your vote guys through the link below:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35647207-caris-levert-shooting-guard-eligibility

is he going to get more playing time this season?  Any Nets fans here.

Edited by summersoff7

4 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

is he going to get more playing time this season?  Any Nets fans here.

Are there any nets fans? Anywhere anymore? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't read anywhere that Coach Kenny was going away from his "nobody over 30min" rule. Ideally we want caris to play 36mins+ and get a bunch of stats, but in reality the nets aren't that type of team.. at best he will avg 28mins and that should still be producing enough.

1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I haven't read anywhere that Coach Kenny was going away from his "nobody over 30min" rule. Ideally we want caris to play 36mins+ and get a bunch of stats, but in reality the nets aren't that type of team.. at best he will avg 28mins and that should still be producing enough.

My idea is that the “nobody over 30mins” philosophy might/might’ve been Atkinson giving the entire roster a chance to prove themselves to establish who the legitimate quality players on the roster are due to the Nets being in limbo of a bad team without a draft pick. I think going forward guys like Dlo, LeVert, Allen and RHJ will be the ones to gain minutes and push for over 30. 

1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Nobody over 30 surely that was for tanking purposes in previous season's?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

They didn't own any of their draft picks so tanking only helped the Celtics they say thanks for Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and realistically Kyrie Irving they traded a Nets pick turned out to be Sexton, Crowder and IThomas for Kyrie. Danny Ainge should be arrested for robbing the poor Nets.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Yes, because the Nets have had loads of reasons to tank in previous seasons. 

• Haha 2

People in drafts are getting aware about the hype, in competitive drafts he is now gone between 85-100.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Are there any nets fans? Anywhere anymore? 

19 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahah looooooool

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Akauders said:

People in drafts are getting aware about the hype, in competitive drafts he is now gone between 85-100.

He just went at pick 13 ahead of Oladipo in one of my leagues.

No I'm not serious.

• Haha 1

Nets Fan here as I saw this was requested...

I have been a big fan of levert the last few years and im willing to put my money on him and Allen being the key pieces to the nets future. Levert has all the tools to be a great player in this league. his one flaw at the moment is his jump shot and according to reports he worked on it all summer. If he can improve at all and show some constancy with the jumper I can see him transitioning into a star. He has the ability to beat anyone to the basket and his court vision is above average but honestly my favorite part of his game is his defense and tenacity. Hes already one of the better on ball defenders in the league in my opinion and can pick anyones pocket at a moments notice. Watch one game of this guy and you'll see what im talking about 

Kenny loves to get everyone involved and spread the minutes but he runs a high octane offense so anyone who can get around 30 min a game should get theirs. If anything I see demarre Carroll losing minutes in the rotation if not even traded at some point. it doesnt make sense to have him running with this young squad. 

Unfortunately the hype on him this offseason has hurt his value but where there is smoke there's fire boys. dont be afraid to reach a little on this guy I really believe he makes a big jump this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m really confident he’s going to get some out of position assists...even 5+

18-4-6 line isn’t out of realm of possibility...yes I’m hyped

(And 1.5 steals)

Edited by fawkes_mulder

33 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I’m really confident he’s going to get some out of position assists...even 5+

18-4-6 line isn’t out of realm of possibility...yes I’m hyped

(And 1.5 steals)

18ppg seems high but outside of that totally possible.