papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/17/2018 at 1:31 PM, Pirate said:

That’s a long time ago and they are very different players. I watched some lavert last season and he does have talent but to say he’ll be top 50 this season is a fantasy within a fantasy. I’ll stick to the less than zero, which from memory,  I don’t think people thought with butler. I’ll gladly eat some stanky crow if I’m wrong. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

None of the players that's out are gonna be getting the usage he's getting, or the looks (ball in hand w/ game on the line). The two people we should be monitoring both played, if you can say that since DLo sat out the 4th. If anything they'll help w/ assist - Crabbe spacing the floor, and RHJ finishing on the break and P&R.

Oh, and get Caroll tf outta here. 

The notion that there are too many mouths to feed on this s--- team is laughable. I've seen many times in fantasy basketball where every starter on the team is fantasy relevant in say a 12 team league.  Eventually the best players get the most usage. They aren't going to hinder Lavert's development and chance to be something for Allen Crabbe.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 4

On 10/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sriracha said:

Would you rather have LeVert or Oladipo to start the 2nd round?

On 10/10/2018 at 2:31 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

Would be awesome if we revisit this thread in a couple months and he’s doing better than Oladipo 🤞

Guys I don't want to overreact but LeVert is averaging 11 points per game more than Oladipo.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

I think he is trying to troll because earlier on he said there is zero chance that LeVert puts up top 50 value this season. That first game explosion I'm sure got him a bit tilted so now he is trying to be patronizing/ironic by exaggerating his potential ranking even much further than people were hyping him earlier. 

No no no no no. What I said was "less than zero chance". I'll still stick by at as I I'm not one of those weeners that get off on 1st game of season. Not tilted at all. Let's put out money where our mouths are and put a wager. You get top 50 and I'll take outside of 50. So sorry about the top 20 comment. I didn't think you would get butt hurt by a lil fun and talking a lil trash. I wont post another "top 20" again just for you. 

Top 35 might not be out of reach. 23pts 5boars 5 assists 1.3 stl 0.5 blocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Stop. Hope your joking. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Over.

Edited by v1n5anity
  • Like 2

Christ. If Levert averages 20 per I’d be surprised, the overreactions here are insane. I own the guy but come on be realistic. 

• Like 1

Got offered C.J for him. I laughed as my finger reached for the reject button. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Pirate said:

Got offered C.J for him. I laughed as my finger reached for the reject button. 

I would have taken that offer, but that's me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

I would have taken that offer, but that's me

You're probably the guy who made the offer. 

23 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I thought this thread was ironic memeing but you guys are beginning to scare me into thinking you’re serious...

Both the guys in this thread and the guys in the JRich thread are dreaming a bit too much (although as owner I would love LeVert to have such a year)

8 hours ago, chud12 said:

Christ. If Levert averages 20 per I’d be surprised, the overreactions here are insane. I own the guy but come on be realistic. 

Just like Josh Richardson, I didn’t draft LeVert with the expectation of 20 a game.

I had LeVert last year, like his all around game, and knew the talent was there for him to breakout. And although I wasn’t the one that first mentioned top 50,  I also still don’t think it should just be quickly dismissed like it is some impossible scenario.

32 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Just like Josh Richardson, I didn’t draft LeVert with the expectation of 20 a game.

I had LeVert last year, like his all around game, and knew the talent was there for him to breakout. And although I wasn’t the one that first mentioned top 50,  I also still don’t think it should just be quickly dismissed like it is some impossible scenario.

It’s been one game and I love what I saw but it’s literally been one game. I didn’t see any top 50 projections before the one game occurred. Just keep expectations in check and let a sample size develop first before we start making crazy proclamations like top 50 because Levert is going to have to be great all year to reach that Level. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Did anyone trade Levert away after 1 game, possibly for a big?

14 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It’s been one game and I love what I saw but it’s literally been one game. I didn’t see any top 50 projections before the one game occurred. Just keep expectations in check and let a sample size develop first before we start making crazy proclamations like top 50 because Levert is going to have to be great all year to reach that Level. 

But why is top 50 some crazy proclamation?  Why is it impossible for him to keep a top 50 level up?  The talent is there.  The organization believes in him so the opportunity will be there.  Players making the leap happens.  Why not LeVert?

For me, my expectation of him breaking out has not been based on just this one game.  And Top 50 was first suggested by someone before the first game.  I am not guaranteeing top 50 at all nor did I draft him with that expectation per say.  But all I have been saying is I just don't understand why top 50 is some insane thought though.  

2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

But why is top 50 some crazy proclamation?  Why is it impossible for him to keep a top 50 level up?  The talent is there.  The organization believes in him so the opportunity will be there.  Players making the leap happens.  Why not LeVert?

For me, my expectation of him breaking out has not been based on just this one game.  And Top 50 was first suggested by someone before the first game.  I am not guaranteeing top 50 at all nor did I draft him with that expectation per say.  But all I have been saying is I just don't understand why top 50 is some insane thought though.  

For one Levert percentages are going to have to improve a good amount. Also getting 30 plus nightly might be tough on this team given the coaches history of playing everyone. Let’s just hope Levert keeps the starting job because you never know with Atkinson. I thought if everything broke right for Levert this year we would be looking at a top 65-75 guy and I’m going to keep those expectations. Like I said I just want to see a sample of at least 10 games of good/great play before I start making any predictions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

For one Levert percentages are going to have to improve a good amount. Also getting 30 plus nightly might be tough on this team given the coaches history of playing everyone. Let’s just hope Levert keeps the starting job because you never know with Atkinson. I thought if everything broke right for Levert this year we would be looking at a top 65-75 guy and I’m going to keep those expectations. Like I said I just want to see a sample of at least 10 games of good/great play before I start making any predictions. 

From reading on this forum if Levert have a bad game tomorrow, we will see a lot of people want to drop him for sure! lol!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ber said:

From reading on this forum if Levert have a bad game tomorrow, we will see a lot of people want to drop him for sure! lol!

Exactly lol. It goes both ways with overreacting. Levert will have bad games, everyone does. Let’s just hope he keeps playing great to start the year so he keeps the starting job. 

• Like 1