papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

I dropped dinwiddie like a half hour before this happened. I had no games today and i needed to stream someone. I figured he'd still be there when he became available again.  He was already one of the best waiver type guys in our league. Now im really hoping he'll be there.  Im hoping nobody that can connect the dots noticed i dropped him.

lol... he will be picked up with a waiver claim

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, montanski said:
1 hour ago, pagkerguy8 said:

 Tue, Nov 13

Caris LeVert returned to action on Monday November 12.

(Rotoworld.com)

 

 

 

 

ummmmm........WHAT??????????

They deleted this crap already, but my reaction was the same. Maybe someone in RW has stupid sense of humor.

 

Not sure when RW's poorly timed post came out but LeVert had banged his knee over the weekend and there was some concern that he wouldn't play yesterday.  In hindsight I wish he had sit out.  : ( 

Edited by ragrag
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen the injury, and I don't plan on watching it either.

 

So - what are his chances for recovering from this? Will he be able to play again next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I haven't seen the injury, and I don't plan on watching it either.

 

So - what are his chances for recovering from this? Will he be able to play again next year?

Not a chance. If there is a chance, just remember how the Nets dealt with injuries before. Lin and DLo. They took their sweet time coming back. I owned both of those guys and I own Levert in several leagues this year including a 16 teamer. I don't expect him to come back at all.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trade Monster said:

Not a chance. If there is a chance, just remember how the Nets dealt with injuries before. Lin and DLo. They took their sweet time coming back. I owned both of those guys and I own Levert in several leagues this year including a 16 teamer. I don't expect him to come back at all.

 

They just posted via Twitter that there's no major ligament damage - dislocated foot

 

https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/1062397108895002626

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1062397431063724034

 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With only a dislocated right foot, Brooklyn&#39;s Caris LeVert is expected to return this season.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1062397431063724034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

 

interesting, now is levert worth burning a waiver on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  That's amazing!  It'd be awesome to see him return this season. 

 

However, how much will the Nets limit him once he returns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it's a 6-8 week, if not longer recovery. Like mentioned, not sure how the Nets will handle his recovery, as he's the cornerstone for this franchise right now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gill2k said:

Wow!  That's amazing!  It'd be awesome to see him return this season. 

 

However, how much will the Nets limit him once he returns?

I'd imagine quite a bit - they won't be playing for anything other that a nice pick.  Also wonder what kind of number this does on the kid's psyche - will he play with the same aggression?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked and happy atp. Anyone have an idea on how much time Levert could miss??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've definitely put him in my IL, but I already had Dunn and Barton injured this season -_-

 

Oh well. 2 + months being out plus a heavy minutes restriction upon returning, not worth it anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

 

They just posted via Twitter that there's no major ligament damage - dislocated foot

 

https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/1062397108895002626

Wow, that is great news.  I'm a big fan of his, but I think it will be a headache just because of how the Nets handle injuries. Hold by all mean especially leagues with IRs. I did drop in a 10 teamer, but that was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I just dropped last night with no more IL spots left. Glad to hear it wasn’t as brutal of an injury as we all assumed though! Loved watching the kid play. They’ll probably ease him back in at this point though. No point rushing him back.

 

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I would've definitely put him in my IL, but I already had Dunn and Barton injured this season -_-

 

Oh well. 2 + months being out plus a heavy minutes restriction upon returning, not worth it anyways.

 

Lol in the same exact situation. Barton will likely be able to pick off where LeVert left off though. Minus some scoring but with better ft%

 

Edited by aijuswanaseing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SMH I dropped him immediately. Boogie on my IR in a keeper league so.....

 

Still can't help but feeling I rushed to drop Caris FML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trade Monster said:
11 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

 

They just posted via Twitter that there's no major ligament damage - dislocated foot

 

https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/1062397108895002626

Wow, that is great news.  I'm a big fan of his, but I think it will be a headache just because of how the Nets handle injuries. Hold by all mean especially leagues with IRs. I did drop in a 10 teamer, but that was it.

wonderful news.  I also dropped in a short bench 10 teamer but will probably snatch back up and just deal w/ the dead bench spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...