papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 11/14/2018 at 8:26 AM, Jimmy21 said:

Hes sitting on my waiver wire. Im debating grabbing him. Ive got will barton taking up my IL spot right now.   My team has dominated the first 4 weeks and i have a comfortable lead but this week and next i face good matchups.  After that ive got 3 crap teams in a row.  Im hoping he'll still be there in a week and a half. I might have to grab him if some really good news comes out about him

Grabbed him. Hoping to hear some good news soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Levert is in my IR in 5 leagues...one in particular I have elfrid, Dunn and oladipo hurt...taking to account how long it’s taking Hayward to get back to form....is Levert worth a stash? I know leverts wasn’t as bad..I’m hoping he’s back after the all star break...and I don’t want to drop him...just in a bad spot. Would you guys still hold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im also holding. i'll wait for the next pr statement from the nets. if bad, out extended period of time, i'll drop. if good, i'll hold til i can. i also have rondo on my bench. 14 team hth, no IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

Levert is in my IR in 5 leagues...one in particular I have elfrid, Dunn and oladipo hurt...taking to account how long it’s taking Hayward to get back to form....is Levert worth a stash? I know leverts wasn’t as bad..I’m hoping he’s back after the all star break...and I don’t want to drop him...just in a bad spot. Would you guys still hold?

Hayward isn't the comp imo. It is guys that have severley sprained their ankle that is the better comp. I think guys tend to come back ok from sprianed ankles. The question is more around the nets philosophy of slow returns than anything else. The nets might make it pointless to stash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for Markannen to come back so that I can throw Levert on my IR. As soon as this happens I'm good to go. But its killing me having one spot held by someone out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically what are you guys thoughts about his projections for lets say 2 weeks after he returns and for fantasy playoffs (which he should have plenty of time and be healed all the way up) ? 

Edited by bsu27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 8:37 AM, Nate1213 said:

I'm waiting for Markannen to come back so that I can throw Levert on my IR. As soon as this happens I'm good to go. But its killing me having one spot held by someone out. 

I've had Green and Cousins on my IR list since season started, it's been tough hanging in there lol both haven't played in forever. Plus i've had my fair share of 3-4 guys out on some days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bsu27 said:

Realistically what are you guys thoughts about his projections for lets say 2 weeks after he returns and for fantasy playoffs (which he should have plenty of time and be healed all the way up) ? 

 

I would mention imo there’s no chance he cracks top 50 like I did when season started as someone suggested but a few of the boys in here got their panties in a knot when so we better leave that alone. 

 

 

 

Edited by Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pirate said:

 

I would mention imo there’s no chance he cracks top 50 like I did when season started as someone suggested but a few of the boys in here got their panties in a knot when so we better leave that alone. 

 

 

 

And you are here after his awful injury to say, that you were right. You said that the reason he will not be top 50 are his %s, not that gruesome injury.

tumblr_ou0pqiNDJS1vvxuaqo1_400.gif

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pirate said:

 

I would mention imo there’s no chance he cracks top 50 like I did when season started as someone suggested but a few of the boys in here got their panties in a knot when so we better leave that alone. 

 

 

 

By the way, 6 days before the injury and 2 days before the injury:

The dream season continues for LeVert, who has now scored at least 20 points in three straight games, and has had a fantastic season sans one dud, when he hit just 2-of-11 shots against the Knicks on October 29. Even with that game in the mix, LeVert is listed as the No. 40 fantasy player by Basketballmonster.com. He also has seven 20-point games this season, the most he's ever had in an NBA season, and we're only 11 games in. 
Nov 6 - 11:50 PM
 
LeVert has been incredibly clutch all season in 14 minutes of time in games within five points in the last three minutes of games, posting a 21.6 usage rate and a 75.0 TS% for his +12.5 net rating. He's creating quite a bit of space for Most Improved Player and his fantasy owners are going to enjoy the ride all season.
Nov 10 - 12:19 AM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeVert would be in top 50 easily if he wasn't injured imo.  He was getting better and better and was clutch as hell. 

Edited by bsu27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, montanski said:

And you are here after his awful injury to say, that you were right. You said that the reason he will not be top 50 are his %s, not that gruesome injury.

tumblr_ou0pqiNDJS1vvxuaqo1_400.gif

 

 

See what I mean. It’s been a while since the injury so chill. Furthermore, injury has nothing to do with it you silly little sausage. He was ranked #93 on season averages. So to answer that guys previous guys question at best he’ll prob go back to hovering close to the 100’s like before the injury. However he’ll prob had a minutes restriction for a week or so. @montanski  sorry to burst your bubble but sometimes we gotta keep it real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pirate said:

 

So to answer that guys previous guys question at best he’ll prob go back to hovering close to the 100’s like before the injury. However he’ll prob had a minutes restriction for a week or so. @montanski  sorry to burst your bubble but sometimes we gotta keep it real. 

 

 

Ok, so this wasn't top 50 play before the injury?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no doubt he would still be in the top 50 if he was still healthy, he owned that team and almost always had the biggest usage...his only weakness was threes but he already showed hes well capable of putting up multiple threes in a game on high percentages...you can clearly see the difference without him, nets are barely watchable and dlo is insane with the touches he gets almost every game

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I don't know when (if) he could be back this season if he can keep producing same numbers before injury

 

If he comes back this year which I believe he will at some point and a minutes restriction is lifted, I don't see any reason why he can't go back to producing those same numbers. 

 

The breakout was real.  The talent is still there and the team now more than ever knows what they have in him and how important he is to their present and future.  I think he won't have the same psychological and physical hurdles Hayward has had to go through for example because luckily it wasn't nearly as bad as that injury despite looking just as gruesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pirate said:

 

See what I mean. It’s been a while since the injury so chill. Furthermore, injury has nothing to do with it you silly little sausage. He was ranked #93 on season averages. So to answer that guys previous guys question at best he’ll prob go back to hovering close to the 100’s like before the injury. However he’ll prob had a minutes restriction for a week or so. @montanski  sorry to burst your bubble but sometimes we gotta keep it real. 

I have only one question for you:

Was he top 50 before the injury?

 

Be honest with you, not with us. He was in every god damn ranking top 50 - espn, yahoo, bbm, rw...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pirate said:

 

See what I mean. It’s been a while since the injury so chill. Furthermore, injury has nothing to do with it you silly little sausage. He was ranked #93 on season averages. So to answer that guys previous guys question at best he’ll prob go back to hovering close to the 100’s like before the injury. However he’ll prob had a minutes restriction for a week or so. @montanski  sorry to burst your bubble but sometimes we gotta keep it real. 

 

Pretty disingenuous to include his last two games, one of which he left early due to precaution after banging his knee and the other due to the bad foot injury.   

 

Prior to those two games he was ranked 46th on the year per season averages on BBM. Anyone can go look it up using the date range function.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeVert is my fav player to watch this season. He is def a top 50 player if healthy. He had a few bad games due to leaving early including the last devastating one. With those games, his ranking isn't as high.  His breakout was really similar to Oladipo last year before injury. 

 

For Fantasy, there shouldn't be any doubt if he can come back play at high level.

The question is: Can he come back and play at high level soon enough?  Assuming when he comes back, Nets is already out of playoff hope, they will baby glove him for sure so his outlook isn't great. And only god knows when he will be back. BB Monster projects 1/21. Its as good as anybody's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 10:38 PM, bsu27 said:

LeVert would be in top 50 easily if he wasn't injured imo.  He was getting better and better and was clutch as hell. 

Very true my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2018 at 8:07 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

 

Ok, so this wasn't top 50 play before the injury?

 

Correct. It wasn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.