papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 2018-12-09 at 1:22 AM, Eltoro said:

I have dropped 50 IQ points reading this goddamn nonsense

I kept reading. I literally have no IQ left anymore. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ilimatic said:

Actually, he’s not. It must not have loaded for you, but if you use date range from the beginning of the year until 11/11/18 (he got hurt on the 12th), he was ranked 80th in 9-cat leagues, again, mostly due to terrible ft%. If you check his punt to ranks, he’s 67th. If you punt ft and to’s, he’s 56th. Basically, no matter how you slice it, he wasn’t top 50 in per game value. There’s absolutely no shame in that, since he was having a great season. 

I was born in brooklyn and went to the univ. of mich. so I love the kid and hope he’s great. All of these recent updates are super encouraging, but even if he’s back in late january, I’m not expecting him to be back into true form until late this year or sometime next year.

Edit: I just noticed that you’re using 11/9 as your date. In that case, he is top 50 if you punt to’s. He played another game after that vs gsw in which he was terrible and tweaked his knee. I’m willing to discount the game he dislocated his ankle but I don’t think it’s fair to discount the gsw game too.

It's fair to discount the GSW game because he banged his knee and left early. 

He only played 20 minutes and had only 6 FGA which is obviously uncharacteristic.  

I'm not sure why people are so adamant that he was not top 50 when he clearly was prior to those last two games. 20/4/4 with 1.6 threes and 1.4 steals on 49%FG is no easy feat, even if the FT% was below average. His turnovers weren't even bad at 2.3 per game.

Taking rankings at face value without considering context is how you lose at fantasy basketball.

• Like 4

That’s fair, though I don’t think the shot about losing in fantasy was needed. I don’t believe I’m the person ignoring context when yall are not including 2 games, one of which was a blowout vs gsw where he hurt his knee after playing 20 mins and likely wouldnt have played more than 20 mins anyway due to the blowout. I did edit my post to reflect that he was top 50 if you don’t look at his last 2 games though. Regardless, that ranking convo went longer than expected.

Do people have confidence in him getting back anywhere near where he was pre-injury? I expect him to need at least 2-4 weeks just to get his confidence back and be mentally strong enough to push off on that ankle with being scared of getting hurt. At that point I would gladly settle for him being top 80 ROS. I’m holding him on IR while having other injured players so I’m confident in his ability to produce. 

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

Thought there was an update...

Nah, just the same people arguing if he is top50 before injury but excluding the 2 bad games he had prior but only the game he dislocated his ankle should be discounted and not the game against GSW even though this one guy was born in brooklyn and went to university of michigan so he loves this kid and insists he is not ignoring context and concedes that levert is indeed top50 if your punting TO but this other guy argues that its fair to discount the GSW game cause levert banged his knee and did not come back but he wouldn't anyway because the game is already a blowout but still he is a top50 player because 20/4/4 with 1.6 threes and 1.4 steals on 49%FG is not an easy feat even if the FT was below average.

I agree tho that his turnovers weren't even bad at 2.3 per game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Lavert is a mid round talent end of story , who cares about top 50, he’s returning 5th-6th round value end of story, stop with the top 50 bs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Caris LeVert (foot) has been doing some on-court work and is on schedule according to the rehab team.

He is not sprinting yet, so he still has a long way to go in his recovery. The Nets have not shed any light on a possible target date, which is nothing new for them after they weren't doing it for D'Angelo Russell for much of last season. He's expected to be back at some point, but not sprinting yet likely means he's not going to be back until at least January.
  • Thanks 1

What are you guys thinking in terms of a return? Heard he’s doing all the on court work etc. any chance him being back in 2-3 weeks?

1 minute ago, thornton1986 said:

What are you guys thinking in terms of a return? Heard he’s doing all the on court work etc. any chance him being back in 2-3 weeks?

No. Late january at earliest. I think the most realistic date is after ASB.

Edited by montanski
  • Like 1

So late January is the consensus? He's just staring at me on my wire and I'm currently comfortably in playoffs. Think I gotta take the plunge, anyone hear anything on him?

Edited by mmcc1029

Very excited for LeVert to come back and play. He's on my leagues FA but with no IR spot and no timetable I can't justify picking him up now. Waiting for an update, hopefully soon! 

12 minutes ago, CheeseUgly said:

Very excited for LeVert to come back and play. He's on my leagues FA but with no IR spot and no timetable I can't justify picking him up now. Waiting for an update, hopefully soon! 

I think we'll hear something around the 8-week mark, which is January 7th.  Hopefully sooner but it is the Nets, so keep expectations low.

• Thanks 1

Had him earlier was so bummed when he was hurt, have E. Payton on IR now. As soon as he comes back I’m getting back on the LeVert train. 

• Like 1

Hope he comes back fit and firing like he was before injured. In a fairly competitive league so will have to get him this week before others make the move. 

3 hours ago, Muggsy said:

Hope he comes back fit and firing like he was before injured. In a fairly competitive league so will have to get him this week before others make the move. 

Is there news on a return date?

11 hours ago, adam_magic said:

Is there news on a return date?

BBM estimates he'll miss 9 more games, returning 1/21.  It seems a bit optimistic, but they're fairly accurate usually. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 80version said:

BBM estimates he'll miss 9 more games, returning 1/21.  It seems a bit optimistic, but they're fairly accurate usually. 

True. They were quite spot on with russell last year, give or take a week.

1 hour ago, 80version said:

The 21st is 10 weeks or halfway through a 8-12 week return timeframe. If it's going to happen you'd probably want to see him at practice fairly soon.