papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Also depends what kind of league you’re in. He’s not serviceable in points leagues 

55 minutes ago, HBARZ93 said:

dropped already - dropped hayward too. honestly these ankle dislocations are not good at all. I swear PG13 is the only one who came back the same/better. I guess we should give Hayward/LeVert time but they are not helping this season at all plus a logjam for both their teams. 

Its way too early to judge how LeVert comes back from this injury, its only been like 5 games. Hayward I agree, he won't ever be the same you can clearly tell. Hayward is not hyper athletic like PG13 and LeVert are. I think LeVert will fully come back from this and beast next season (maybe even this season). 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, richg24 said:

Its way too early to judge how LeVert comes back from this injury, its only been like 5 games. Hayward I agree, he won't ever be the same you can clearly tell. Hayward is not hyper athletic like PG13 and LeVert are. I think LeVert will fully come back from this and beast next season (maybe even this season). 

I don’t think he’s “coming back” from anything but some rust as he hasn’t played basketball in months. His speed and athleticism is still there, he’s clearly rusty and his rhythm is off due to the layoff. He was getting frustrated in the last game as he couldn’t even finish his layups. He seems to be moving faster than the game is being played (if you know what I mean). 

Caris may not be for everyone especially this time of the season but once he gets his legs underneath him he should be solid going forward as the game slows down for him.

Edited by Cozie
Added content
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, HBARZ93 said:

dropped already - dropped hayward too. honestly these ankle dislocations are not good at all. I swear PG13 is the only one who came back the same/better. I guess we should give Hayward/LeVert time but they are not helping this season at all plus a logjam for both their teams. 

1) PG13 didn't have an ankle injury, but a broken foot (tibia/fibula) without any ligament damage, thus a very good outlook to get back 100%. Even with some ligament damage, LeVert's injury was still more minor, a dislocation with moderate ligament damage; only one who didn't need surgery. AFAIK Hayward's was the worse; fracture and some ligament damage.

2) It still took PG13 a long time to come back (people are only this season talking about him being fully back at the level he was, even surpassing that now), whereas LeVert had his injury this year, Hayward last year.

So yes, would agree with what you say that this season will not be a good projection for the future, but that you shouldn't expect them to be 100% either this season. LeVert likely with a better chance than Hayward.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid
  • Like 1

I've been trying to stick with him and my Levertually Unstoppable team name, but bringing Dinwiddie back too even further complicates things...

I'm thinking tonight might be his last shot with me

Thinking about dropping him and picking up a low end center like Cody Zeller, thoughts?

36 minutes ago, TeamSmexy said:

Thinking about dropping him and picking up a low end center like Cody Zeller, thoughts?

I am going to see how he plays in this B2B and make a call 

Posted (edited)

I am going down with this ship. Win or lose #LeVertSZN

Edited by bsu27
  • Like 2

He scored! Improvement from last game, LEVERTSZN leggo!

is it time to pull the plug on this guy? One week left before playoffs, and I just dont know yet smh

I dropped him to stream yesterday, there are plenty better options on the wire with all the pick ups these days..

thinking of dropping this guy or Shamet for the lord's resurrection.

1 hour ago, simon said:

thinking of dropping this guy or Shamet for the lord's resurrection.

Probably me too

I have one more week of a bye in my playoffs, so planning to hold at least until then. Hopefully he will show some signs of life this coming week.

They have one of the best schedules next week, which will be the start of the playoffs for a lot of teams, so i'm going to hold unless he falls off completely.

I'll probably drop end of next week though.

18-5-5 1steal 2threes -- could this off the bench role suit him?

5 minutes ago, simon said:

probably not. it was a blowout they won by over 30 so the bench got way more run. won't be the norm. good game though, i decided to drop because I have a bye next week and then he plays 2 game week in the semis which I am not interested in. 

7 minutes ago, simon said:

Lettuce all hope so 🙏

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2-4-1 with a steal and 2 turnovers on 1/6 shooting. Abysmal. If it weren't for his 4 game week next week, he'd be dropped from my roster right now for a guy like Smart or Mikal Bridges

Edited by happyberty

time to drop my LeVert? It's so hard to do in points league with a few options in the wire. smh

Anybody dropping for Kurucs?

on another note, does Carroll’s injury affect Levert’s role at all?