Stefan

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Taureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean MA BOI!!!  hands down my favorite fantasy player (besides KAT ofc)...

He won me single handedly my money league least season (with that spectacular last 2 games)... BUT Gotta say _a l s o_ one the of most frustrating player to own (in recent years)...

image.png.cc178073b9fbdcb9c1c6f2f225bc1412.png

So new coach... who actually knows how (and is willing to) to develop young talented players (read Embiid)... New (organized) sistem... NEW TAUREAN ?!

Last year he finished (per BBM) at: 96. (per game value) and at 61. (total value) - full season - 9 cat

14.1(ppg) - 2.6(apg) - 4.7(rpg) - 1(stl) - 0.5(blk) - 2.1(3pm) - 42(fg%) - 84(ft%) - 2.3(to)

Significant BOOST in stats after the break (last 23 games)

19(ppg) - 3.5(apg) - 4.9(rpg) - 1.3(stl) - 0.5(blk) - 3.2(3pm) - 44(fg%) - 89(ft%) - 2.8(to)

So what to expect of him this season ? Where are you comfortable taking him ? At the moment he is ranked at 116. :rolleyes: (ESPN)

( last season took him around 144. :D

TNX !

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

BTW fun fact/story: I owned ( all season long) Prince, Covington, Murray and J-Rich

So you can only imagine my level of frustration on a bad week :D OR EVEN A BAD MONTH :D  I was dead last in my league for like half of the season :D  

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Love.  Predicting 36+ minutes + high usage.  

18 points / 3 assists / 5 reb / 1.5 stl / 0.5 blks / 2.7 threes / 43% FG / 85% FT

Would have to take in the 5th or 6th round, or you're probably not getting him.  

4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

18 points / 3 assists / 5 reb / 1.5 stl / 0.5 blks / 2.7 threes / 43% FG / 85% FT

Im not sure about him. I love him i think he will be great in 2 years, but this year they put way too much into drafting Young to not make him the leading player on offence. Hawks aren't winning anytime soon so they need to develop their young talent. Collins, young and prince are their core and should be the main parts on offence. But they also have veterans in lin, bazemore, dedmon who all need touches too. So im hesitant on prince, i hope he does get a high usage but with the pieces the have and with them taking young over doncic, i dont see him getting anything over 28% usage rate (up from his 22% last year).

Prediction: 15.7 points/ 3.5 assists/4.3 rebounds/1.1 steals/ 0.7 blocks/ 1.9 thress/ 44 FG%/ 82 FT% in 31 MINS

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Im not sure about him. I love him i think he will be great in 2 years, but this year they put way too much into drafting Young to not make him the leading player on offence. Hawks aren't winning anytime soon so they need to develop their young talent. Collins, young and prince are their core and should be the main parts on offence. But they also have veterans in lin, bazemore, dedmon who all need touches too. So im hesitant on prince, i hope he does get a high usage but with the pieces the have and with them taking young over doncic, i dont see him getting anything over 28% usage rate (up from his 22% last year).

Prediction: 15.7 points/ 3.5 assists/4.3 rebounds/1.1 steals/ 0.7 blocks/ 1.9 thress/ 44 FG%/ 82 FT% in 31 MINS

Yeah I agree... and maybe 15.7 is too high for points... unfortunately  :unsure:

Trae is gonna take sooooo much bad shots... it's gonna hurt everyone on the team...:(

14 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Hmmm IDK... seems over-optimistic (for points)... I wouldn't draft before round 6 or 7 I think...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

Yeah I agree... and maybe 15.7 is too high for points... unfortunately  :unsure:

Trae is gonna take sooooo much bad shots... it's gonna hurt everyone on the team...:(

Hmmm IDK... seems over-optimistic (for points)... I wouldn't draft before round 6 or 7 I think...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think people are too occupied and worried about Trae dominating the offense.  He's not taking 40 shots a game.  If anything he's gonna get a ton of attention and make excellent passes to Prince, Collins, etc, and hopefully set them up for easy shots / buckets.  I'm betting Prince will get all the shots and playing time he can handle and that Young's presence benefits him more than hurts him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I think people are too occupied and worried about Trae dominating the offense.  He's not taking 40 shots a game.  If anything he's gonna get a ton of attention and make excellent passes to Prince, Collins, etc, and hopefully set them up for easy shots / buckets.  I'm betting Prince will get all the shots and playing time he can handle and that Young's presence benefits him more than hurts him. 

I hope so.

Got him in the 12th round in my 10 teamer. I think he should be solid - ATL doesn't really have any top tier scoring threats so him and Trae should get all the shots they can handle. Schroder being gone really opens up a lot of opportunities for everyone. ATL should be focused on the Trae Prince Collins core so he should provide some value 

• Like 3

If his first game of the season tonight was any indication, it looks like the breakout so many sites predicted could be happening this season with Prince.

21 Points (7-15 FG, 4-4 FT), 3 Threes, 6 Rebounds, 6 Assists, and the Hawks actually got blown out.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

My league plays without TO so this dude could be an early-round guy for me :lol:

6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

If his first game of the season tonight was any indication, it looks like the breakout so many sites predicted could be happening this season with Prince.

21 Points (7-15 FG, 4-4 FT), 3 Threes, 6 Rebounds, 6 Assists, and the Hawks actually got blown out.

And 6 turnovers. He keeps putting up lines like this and I'll be looking to move him because he'll be overvalued. Can definitely see scenarios where I can get back Otto Porter if Prince is averaging 20-5-5 and turning the ball over like mad.

• Haha 1

Just now, miasma16 said:

And 6 turnovers. He keeps putting up lines like this and I'll be looking to move him because he'll be overvalued. Can definitely see scenarios where I can get back Otto Porter if Prince is averaging 20-5-5 and turning the ball over like mad.

Nobody turns the ball over like that on a nightly basis.

Anyways, like somebody else, I play in a league that doesn't count turnovers.  I had no idea that was part of his line tonight when I made my post a little bit ago.  Still, minus the TO's, it was still a nice start to the season for him.

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Nobody turns the ball over like that on a nightly basis.

Anyways, like somebody else, I play in a league that doesn't count turnovers.  I had no idea that was part of his line tonight when I made my post a little bit ago.  Still, minus the TO's, it was still a nice start to the season for him.

Nobody said he'd turn the ball over 6 times per game.

If you play in 8-cat then you got a fantastic game out of him, and it has every reason to continue. But his efficiency was a concern going into the season and, like I said, if it continues, he could be overvalued. I draft popcorn stats for a reason, and I'd be happy to trade them to improve my team later in the year if the opportunity presents itself.

I didn’t watch large stretches of the game since I was mainly focused on baseball, but every time I watched I saw Prince with that ball in his hands. He made a number of bad shots and ill-advised turnovers, but he basically had a green light and ran the offense at times. Hard to take too much away from a game against the Knicks, but it looks like his usage and shot attempts will be high this year.  

He's gonna be a garbage stats monster. I personally never care about TO's I want guys with the rock in their hands alot. Ball out my sweet prince. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

He's gonna be a garbage stats monster. I personally never care about TO's I want guys with the rock in their hands alot. Ball out my sweet prince. 

you should care. points may be more valuable than turnovers but at the end of the year they count the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, panthers93 said:

you should care. points may be more valuable than turnovers but at the end of the year they count the same. 

Dont tell me what to care about, where did I specifically mention points? To's are 1 out of 9 cats. If I can stack my team full of guys that fill it up elsewhere I look the other way. It's a lot less stressful. Please let's not start a turnover debate, my point was he will be worth the blemishes. 

13 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

I don't understand this obsession over TOs. Guys who usually have the rock in their hands a lot do have a lot of TOs. I'm not gonna ignore a bunch of other crazy stats they provide just because of TOs. I don't even look at that when I'm drafting in leagues where they count TOs. It's all about compromise, very rarely will you find guys that contribute elite stats everywhere. AD isn't giving you much for assists and 3s yet he's still a consensus #1 pick. Harden gets a metric ton of TOs, yet he's still arguably a top 3 fantasy player because he fills it up everywhere else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Dont tell me what to care about

sorry for trying to make you less bad at fantasy basketball, you're implying that turnovers can be ignored in 9 cat and that's terrible advice

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I don't understand this obsession over TOs. Guys who usually have the rock in their hands a lot do have a lot of TOs. I'm not gonna ignore a bunch of other crazy stats they provide just because of TOs. I don't even look at that when I'm drafting in leagues where they count TOs. It's all about compromise, very rarely will you find guys that contribute elite stats everywhere. AD isn't giving you much for assists and 3s yet he's still a consensus #1 pick. Harden gets a metric ton of TOs, yet he's still arguably a top 3 fantasy player because he fills it up everywhere else.

your argument has nothing to do with my post

• Like 1

Just now, panthers93 said:

sorry for trying to make you less bad at fantasy basketball, you're implying that turnovers can be ignored in 9 cat and that's terrible advice

Lol thanks bud. I have the most championships and finals appearances in my 14 year league. Where can I sign up for your fantasy camp?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Lol thanks bud. I have the most championships and finals appearances in my 14 year league. Where can I sign up for your fantasy camp?

You can dm me an invite if it's a money league. 

• Haha 2