Stefan

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

Lol thanks bud. I have the most championships and finals appearances in my 14 year league. Where can I sign up for your fantasy camp?

I imagine you as the guy who goes to sports bars and drunkenly brags about their fantasy basketball career 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

I imagine you as the guy who goes to sports bars and drunkenly brags about their fantasy basketball career 

Whatever man, guy starts saying I suck bc I dont mind an all around line with some TOs. Done with this though good luck. 

Balling with 15 points in the first quarter. 6/7 FG, 2 threes, 2 boards, 2 dimes, 2 steals

I just picked him up off waivers someone dropped Prince in my league (we are NBA beginners I should add). In a non-turnover league I'm thinking I may have hit the jackpot! 

40 minutes ago, Redphan said:

I just picked him up off waivers someone dropped Prince in my league (we are NBA beginners I should add). In a non-turnover league I'm thinking I may have hit the jackpot! 

Soooo beginner's dont think 3 3s 21pts 6 and 6 is rosterable?? Ha

Prince is set up for a pretty nice season. Some clear cut negatives are the Hawks are bad (blowouts will hurt his minutes at times), he spent a good 5-6 weeks last year playing horrendous basketball so it's not a 100% lock he's good all year, and for 9-cat his turnovers might not be pretty. Some clear cut positives are he has the absolute green light on offense and he'll be their go-to player. He should be able to at least match his post-ASB 15 shots per game from last year. I think he can be somewhere in the 18/5/3.5 range with 2.5+ threes, 1.2+ steals, and 0.5+ blocks while shooting a great ft% and below average fg%. Looks like a top 50 player with top 40 possiblities. 

• Like 2

Just now, Red Sox Nation said:

Prince is set up for a pretty nice season. Some clear cut negatives are the Hawks are bad (blowouts will hurt his minutes at times), he spent a good 5-6 weeks last year playing horrendous basketball so it's not a 100% lock he's good all year, and for 9-cat his turnovers might not be pretty. Some clear cut positives are he has the absolute green light on offense and he'll be their go-to player. He should be able to at least match his post-ASB 15 shots per game from last year. I think he can be somewhere in the 18/5/3.5 range with 2.5+ threes, 1.2+ steals, and 0.5+ blocks while shooting a great ft% and below average fg%. Looks like a top 50 player with top 40 possiblities. 

Looks right. I'd take the over on points. I feel he's a near lock for 19/20ppg

14 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Looks right. I'd take the over on points. I feel he's a near lock for 19/20ppg

Agreed, especially since his FG% should be better this season.  Obviously he's not going to continue to be lights out every night like he has been in the first 2 games, but he should just over 44% in the final 23 games after the break last season and looked good in the preseason of course.

16 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Anybody watching the game know why he has just  6 minutes? 

relax it's all good

Quiet half from Taurean. Trae Young is feeling it and getting most of the offensive looks. 

• Like 1

Still had a decent line. Didn't shoot well but but had some stocks and 6 boards so can't complain too much. 

• Like 1

Building me a nice mansion tonight. Good thing I have oladipo and Kris Middleton going too.... just kidding I’m not glad

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Building me a nice mansion tonight. Good thing I have oladipo and Kris Middleton going too.... just kidding I’m not glad

Note to self Sixers wing D is good??? Or just a off day???

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Note to self Sixers wing D is good??? Or just a off day???

Bit of both

• Thanks 1

Was cold last game too, ended up 5/14 and only salvaged after a few buckets dropped in the second half too. Hopefully not a slump...

What happened to this guy?  He fell off hard and the turnovers are consistently high.  This is three straight poor outings

Edited by Fantasyscrub

On 10/19/2018 at 4:28 AM, panthers93 said:

sorry for trying to make you less bad at fantasy basketball, you're implying that turnovers can be ignored in 9 cat and that's terrible advice

I assume you play roto?  I agree TOs matter in roto.

If you're playing H2H 9cat, then you're wrong.  If you worry so much about TOs in a H2H league, you will lose in MULTIPLE other cats... not just points.  Losing one category for many others is definitely worth it.  Look at winners of most leagues, most of them have the most TOs or top 3. It happens in my league every single year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

What happened to this guy?  He fell off hard and the turnovers are consistently high.  This is three straight poor outings

Bad game for him, fouled out. Good news is the usage is still there (so far #1 usage in ATL) as well as shot attempts. They just weren't falling this game, or one before that (vs Philly). Hopefully just a mini-slump he'll break out of next game. Cleveland has been defending against SF's decently this season, and prior to today's game he to deal with Covington in Philly.

He gets Sacramento next, which has defended terrible against SFs this season, allowing 24.9 points and 50% shooting.

The debate on the validity of TO's seems to pop up every year. There is a reason why some leagues get rid of it altogether.

In my opinion, it makes little strategic sense to cater to a category that punishes you for playing more players when all the other non-% categories reward you.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, DZaak said:

I assume you play roto?  I agree TOs matter in roto.

If you're playing H2H 9cat, then you're wrong.  If you worry so much about TOs in a H2H league, you will lose in MULTIPLE other cats... not just points.  Losing one category for many others is definitely worth it.  Look at winners of most leagues, most of them have the most TOs or top 3. It happens in my league every single year.

The bolded is completely and utterly wrong. Actual competitive roto leagues are usually won by people that do best in efficiency stats because they're the ones where you find the most value.

Sure. Turnovers don't matter in H2H.

Neither do points.

Or steals.

Or assists.

Or blocks.

No s--- you can punt one category. And when you punt that category, you're not ignoring it. You're actively picking up negative stats in that category to make you stronger elsewhere. Turnovers always matter in 9-cat.

Edited by miasma16
  • Thanks 2