Stefan

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, Fantasyscrub said:

Another dud.  Officially in a long term slump 

i watched about a quarter of the game and he looked awful. hesitated with his decisions and generally chose wrong. kind of expected upon drafting him, he's gonna get tons of opportunities in Atlanta but he looks as inexperienced as he is

• Like 1

If you include the live game right now, it'll be 4 consecutive games with brutally inefficient, high-volume shooting (35.7%, 9.1%, 25%, and 27.3%% in the current game).

Last season, he didn't have any slumps as bad as this one. And we just started the season.

Can any ATL homers tell me what's going on? For someone with the #1 usage rate in the team...this is as bad as it gets.

• Like 4

It's long been said that Prince isn't really a super good basketball player, but that he has a chance to be a really good fantasy player just because the Hawks don't have a lot of weapons.  There's two things that go along with that: one, as long as Bazemore is a good weapon, Prince isn't going to be as good as many of us thought; two, he was never going to be a decent FG% guy in the first place, so if you weren't expecting that, you better expect it now.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hoop said:

Can any ATL homers tell me what's going on? For someone with the #1 usage rate in the team...this is as bad as it gets.

Yes. He isn’t very good.

pierce really likes him and competition at his spot is very limited so I think he will get minutes and produce for fantasy, but primarily for punt FG% and TOs.

• Like 1

Slumps happen with streaky shooters like this. The fact that he's still contributing with 7 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block is the real takeaway and very encouraging IMO. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Slumps happen with streaky shooters like this. The fact that he's still contributing with 7 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block is the real takeaway and very encouraging IMO. 

I just hope he gets his shot together though...

• Like 1

Just traded prince and lamb for josh richardson. If prince ever becomes kawhi or butler I will be sad but most of what I have seen says he doesnt have that kind of upside anyway. We shall see

I have him and Cedi and their TO's are killing me, he needs to get going offensivley because right now it's really hard for me to sell him. But besides FG and TO's I really the guy.

• Like 2

On 30/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, ellejamil said:

buy low window: *creak*

Was going to send an offer out but now that "buy low" is in his blurb there is no point. So annoying.

6 hours ago, hoop said:

Last season, he didn't have any slumps as bad as this one. And we just started the season.

Did you own him last year?

February - 9/3.5/1.7/0.8/0.4 and 2.5 TOs, 1.5 triples on 30.6/90%

(http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2990962/year/2018/taurean-prince)

just as an example. 

This guy is as streaky as they come

• Like 2

Whens hes cold, hes borderline waiver wire material

When hes hot, hes near top 50 value

I have him, covington and cedi on my team...the highs are so good but then the come down is horrible...feels like im a drug addict...

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, fantasm said:

I have him, covington and cedi on my team...the highs are so good but then the come down is horrible...feels like im a drug addict...

I'm dead 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, panthers93 said:

i watched about a quarter of the game and he looked awful. hesitated with his decisions and generally chose wrong. kind of expected upon drafting him, he's gonna get tons of opportunities in Atlanta but he looks as inexperienced as he is

This guy whenever I have watched his game he looks awful. Yes he can shoot the ball and when he is on a hot streak he can score 20 points per game, but I doubt he will have an important role in the future (on a supposedly Hawks team that goes to win mode if they ever go there). He is always trying to do more than he can actually do, he has a terrible A/To ratio, probably the worst in the league and I cannot see how he can fix it as well. Terrible decision after terrible decision.

Fantasy wise of course he can is valuable getting this usage on the crap team.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree he looks like he is a good player because he is on a bad team, in reality I think he could become something like Demarre Carroll was on a good team (like the 2015 Hawks).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

This guy whenever I have watched his game he looks awful. Yes he can shoot the ball and when he is on a hot streak he can score 20 points per game, but I doubt he will have an important role in the future (on a supposedly Hawks team that goes to win mode if they ever go there). He is always trying to do more than he can actually do, he has a terrible A/To ratio, probably the worst in the league and I cannot see how he can fix it as well. Terrible decision after terrible decision.

Fantasy wise of course he can is valuable getting this usage on the crap team.

don't care about the future tho. I care about this year that I own him so as long as the minutes are there, the stats will come too hopefully 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, Mad Luke said:

Yeah, I agree he looks like he is a good player because he is on a bad team, in reality I think he could become something like Demarre Carroll was on a good team (like the 2015 Hawks).

so.. consensus is that he`s a streaky player with minutes on a bad team. Is he worth trading for? I assume he's going to be a headache to own

18 minutes ago, lokidestroyer said:

so.. consensus is that he`s a streaky player with minutes on a bad team. Is he worth trading for? I assume he's going to be a headache to own

Well, if you don't mind ups and downs on FG% and inevitable turnovers, he is a good fantasy player.

24 minutes ago, lokidestroyer said:

if you're playing in roto you should love him but yeah he'll have some terrible games