Stefan

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/31/2018 at 1:55 PM, miasma16 said:

The bolded is completely and utterly wrong. Actual competitive roto leagues are usually won by people that do best in efficiency stats because they're the ones where you find the most value.

Sure. Turnovers don't matter in H2H.

Neither do points.

Or steals.

Or assists.

Or blocks.

No s--- you can punt one category. And when you punt that category, you're not ignoring it. You're actively picking up negative stats in that category to make you stronger elsewhere. Turnovers always matter in 9-cat.

I never said anything about percentages.  I agree that efficiency stats are important, ie. FG% and FT%.  And I also agree with you that no cat is better than another.... in a vacuum.   If I were picking between 2 players with identical stats but one averaged 3 TOs and the other averaged 1.5, of course I will take the low TOs all day everyday.  I am agreeing with you for the most part.

Where I don't agree is that you should "focus" on TOs, as in try to be elite in that category because the inherent link between elite players and high TOs.

20 minutes ago, DZaak said:

I never said anything about percentages.  I agree that efficiency stats are important, ie. FG% and FT%.  And I also agree with you that no cat is better than another.... in a vacuum.   If I were picking between 2 players with identical stats but one averaged 3 TOs and the other averaged 1.5, of course I will take the low TOs all day everyday.  I am agreeing with you for the most part.

Where I don't agree is that you should "focus" on TOs, as in try to be elite in that category because the inherent link between elite players and high TOs.

doesn't really matter what you said, poster that got us here said he doesn't care about turnovers and that's stupid in most formats, all i said

40 minutes ago, DZaak said:

You're right in that we agree for the most part. Never did I say that you should focus on turnovers, simply that they matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

To add on top of that, for those concerned:

• Like 1

Just bought low on this guy. 

Gave up Jrue + Bjelica for Prince and Gobert

I figured with Payton + Bogdan returning it was a sell high for Jrue/Bjelly

Anyway hope Prince pulls his finger out and starts hitting shots.

Edited by overtime2000
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

Just bought low on this guy. 

Gave up Jrue + Bjelica for Prince and Gobert

I figured with Payton + Bogdan returning it was a sell high for Jrue/Bjelly

Anyway hope Prince pulls his finger out and starts hitting shots.

Random question... who do you value more, prince or payton?

On 11/7/2018 at 3:36 PM, lokidestroyer said:

Random question... who do you value more, prince or payton?

I don't own either but I never got the appeal for Payton, I wouldn't even touch him if he was on the wire in a 14team. Bad ft/To, no 3s, meh steals. 

Lol. I remember all those people that dropped him early last year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

lol don't drop him. He is a streaky player and you should have know that when drafting him. This is nothing, he went on like a month long cold streak last season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

just hold. he got all the usage he can handle on that hawks team. just wait for his shots to fall

• Haha 1

Don't worry ATL tank supporters, you can count on Trash Young to hog the ball when Prince finally gets his shot going :D:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, royalm said:

Don't worry ATL tank supporters, you can count on Trash Young to hog the ball when Prince finally gets his shot going :D:D

still dont know why trae didnt pass to prince when he was right there....

1 minute ago, fantasm said:

still dont know why trae didnt pass to prince when he was right there....

Prince was iced by his own teammates early (by J-Lin) and late by Young...even the Laker commentators were talking about it. Not to mention, Omari ******** Spellman shot a 3 with less than 30 seconds left. HAWKS LUL

• Haha 1

Great shot selection from Prince the entire night, resulting in higher percentage shots and more makes. After he started feeling it, he finally did a heat check and hit that too. IMO he actually seemed a bit more conscious about making smarter plays...there were some instances where we could've slung an ill-advised shot over a defender (like in previous games), but he moved it around instead and let the game come to him. This is what I want to see from him going forward.

• Like 5

in one of my leagues, someone had him on the bench. Can't say I blame him but it's good to see him play well. Now need some consistency 

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

in one of my leagues, someone had him on the bench. Can't say I blame him but it's good to see him play well. Now need some consistency 

I've benched him also :D  but still won :D 

EDIT: Him and Mitchell Robinson :D 

Edited by Stefan

In one of my leagues another player dropped Taurean Prince to FA. Should I take him from waivers with 2nd pick in waiver wire? Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, naidze said:

In one of my leagues another player dropped Taurean Prince to FA. Should I take him from waivers with 2nd pick in waiver wire? Thanks. 

AC forum, but this is an absolute no-brainer. No idea why Prince would even be dropped - he had consistency issues last year as well but when he gets hot, he can provide long stretches of outstanding production. Easy top 70 player on the season.

• Like 3