Stefan

Taurean Prince 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, naidze said:

In one of my leagues another player dropped Taurean Prince to FA. Should I take him from waivers with 2nd pick in waiver wire? Thanks. 

dropped? Drop the league 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

dropped? Drop the league 

I mean I wouldn't and haven't dropped him but it's not all that crazy. Especially if it's a 10 team league

15 ppg on 41% shooting and 2.8/3.4 A/TO ratio is god awful, and can really hurt you in roto leagues. Here are some players who've been better then him per BBM

Pascal Siakim

Danny Green

Jeremy Lamb

Rodney Mcgruder

Jae Crowder

Jerami Grant

E'Twuan Moore

These are waiver wire guys who have probably been picked up recently in your league..

Now like I said I haven't dropped the guy but he's been fringe top 100. I know the upside and I'll hold all year probably because I don't want to drop my 7th round pick but if he continues to play at the exact same level he's been playing to date then I wouldn't blame other owners from dropping. 

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

If you’re punting FG he’s valuable. It all depends on your build. 

If you're punting FG he's super-valuable. If you're not punting anything he's still valuable for 12-team and above. Dropping him now in 12-team seems like a terrible idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, croydonfacelift said:

If you're punting FG he's super-valuable. If you're not punting anything he's still valuable for 12-team and above. Dropping him now in 12-team seems like a terrible idea.

He's still highly rosterable in 10 teams, granted he might be my worst player.

On the season including with the horrible stretch he's 110 in 9cat and 62 in 8cat...both well within 10 team value.

• Like 1

I'm in a roto league so the bad stretches don't hurt too much as long as he avg's out to low-to-mid 40s by end of season. He's still pretty valuable to me for his scoring, 3s and steals.

1 minute ago, kane said:

out tonight

Where did this injury come from

Achilles pain is a bit worrying. If it’s tendinitis, he could be out several weeks (especially since you want to be cautious with the Achilles). Without more detail, I’m guessing he’s out a couple games anyway... Achilles pain I imagine is generally a cumulative result versus an acute injury.

Ouch.  Hard to get over heel issues during the season unless he sits out for a prolonged period.  Hopefully all he needs is a cortisone shot.

That’s how Kobe Bryant was stopped. Fk dahntay Jones, robbed the world of greatness. I always wondered how nba players came back so fast from ankle sprains, so much scar tissue and bruised blood cells prevent the ankle from healing and playing on it is like pulling on a 200 year old rubber band. Please don’t tear it by coming back , frustrating cuz I have him on fantasy

• Like 1

this guy is so frustrating to own, super streaky and now he has an injury on one of the most vulnerable parts of his leg....

goddamn it

5 hours ago, MayorMcCheese said:

I'm going to do everyone a favor and sit him this week for Lamb. He's Guaranteed to go on a hot streak on my bench. 

Thank you Mr. Mayor, you came through for us.  Way to take one for the (other) team(s).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

“Coach Lloyd Pierce suggested his role will continue to fluctuate based on the hot-hand approach. "Justin [Anderson] is now back and he's competing with Kevin [Huerter] and [Prince] at the three spot," Pierce said. "If [Prince] doesn't having it going, let me play Kevin. If Kevin doesn't have it going, I've got Justin." This is depressing for Prince's owners but he did start slow last season before turning in early-round value after the All-Star break, so patience is warranted.

Edited by chud12