PaddyAustralia

Steven Adams 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

This guy is an in real life monster! He does so many little things on the court that don't get put down as stats. He should get a hit in mins and production with Noel there trying to restart his career. What do you guys think he will do this year? 

My prediction: 12.2 points/ 1.5 assists/ 8.2 rebounds/ 1.3 steals/ 1.2 blocks/ 62% FG/ 58% FT / in 28.8 MINS

1 hour ago, PaddyAustralia said:

This guy is an in real life monster! He does so many little things on the court that don't get put down as stats. He should get a hit in mins and production with Noel there trying to restart his career. What do you guys think he will do this year? 

My prediction: 12.2 points/ 1.5 assists/ 8.2 rebounds/ 1.3 steals/ 1.2 blocks/ 62% FG/ 58% FT / in 28.8 MINS

Chance they see a little floor time together this year. It would hurt the spacing but the defense would be brutal inside. Probably won't happen much but I'm sure they'll try it. Adams should be in for his typical Production 

Just now, Jake the snake said:

Chance they see a little floor time together this year. It would hurt the spacing but the defense would be brutal inside. Probably won't happen much but I'm sure they'll try it. Adams should be in for his typical Production 

Dude! The defence the OKC have at PF and centre this year is nuts! Jerami Grant and Adams starting is gonna be terrible for spacing aswell, but will also be brutal inside. OKC look scary this year.

I wish I could target :(.

I had him in roto last year until about feb. His FT started off good, but I was in 3rd place until I dropped him, ended up finishing first. FT bigs aint easy to find outside the elites.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, greatestmetfan said:

He'll finish in the top 50 and I'd snag in the 5th round, don't let him slip passed the 6th 

i think you're being overly optimistic with a top 50 projection....i got him for $1 in my auction league LOL. i think Noel will hinder his value a little- somewhere in the 75-100 range seems more conceivable. i hope you're right though.

16 minutes ago, scienze said:

i think you're being overly optimistic with a top 50 projection....i got him for $1 in my auction league LOL. i think Noel will hinder his value a little- somewhere in the 75-100 range seems more conceivable. i hope you're right though.

I don't know what league you are playing?

$1 admas,$5 bledsoe,what a joke,even in public league they won't go that cheap

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kane said:

I don't know what league you are playing?

$1 admas,$5 bledsoe,what a joke,even in public league they won't go that cheap

it's a 10-team league with only 11 players per roster....players like jaylen brown and trae young didn't even get drafted. go figure.

He balled out tonight! The assists will not be there every night but i would be over the moon with 15+ points 10+ boards and 60+ FT%, looked a bit sluggish at times but i think he can take another step this season, westbrook should only make him more efficient from the field and get him more opportunities to score.

Adams is looking great this season, just hoping that Westbrook's return doesn't eat too much into his rebounds.

• Like 1

I've noticed this past couple years that Adams and Westbrook definitely have an agreement regarding rebounds.  Adams likes to see Westbrook averaging that triple double, and regularly will let Westbrook take the easy rebound from him on a 50/50 ball between the 2.  With Westbrook healthy, we're gonna see this trend continue and Adams should go back down to 8-10 rebounds on most nights instead of 12-15.

Even on the offense side of the ball, I've heard both PG and Westbrook say that Adams could be a 20-10 guy, easily, if they ran their offense more through him.  I do think Westbrook tones it done just a bit this year to repay PG for staying in OKC, and to reward Adams for his loyalty.  The Thunder in general take a step forward, along with Adams' stats, that should be around:

16ppg / 10 rebs / 1.5 steals / 1.2-1.5 blocks

The wildcard here is watching Nerlens Noel who was a fantastic pick up for the Thunder.  As a Celtics fan, I was really disappointed we didn't make a move for this guy.  When Adams is resting, they don't miss a beat with Noel in there.   Adams has earned his starting spot, and 32 mpg, but there will be some nights that he's nicked up and OKC will be happy letting Noel stay out there.  If/when Adams misses a game, Noel is an awesome plug and play.  If Adams ends up missing a longer stretch, Noel will offer very similar stats with a bit less points, and more steals and blocks.  All Adams owners should have Noel inn their sights due to this situation.

so long as the stocks are there, i can take the 8rpg hehehe

What do you all think his trade value you is? Always been a big fan of his with Embiid being injury prone I need to pick up another center. 

2 hours ago, ttann71 said:

What do you all think his trade value you is? Always been a big fan of his with Embiid being injury prone I need to pick up another center. 

I'd wait a few more games with Russell to bring his RBD average down and then offer 5-6 round value - I think right now you'd need to bring me 4th round value to give him up - he's definitely outperformed his draft ranking so far (early 7th round in my league).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoyGonzo said:

I'd wait a few more games with Russell to bring his RBD average down and then offer 5-6 round value - I think right now you'd need to bring me 4th round value to give him up - he's definitely outperformed his draft ranking so far (early 7th round in my league).

Very good idea luckily I have Vucevic for now