Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

1 minute ago, misterj said:

For one of my teams this year I ended up going against what I normally do and drafted an efficiency team. I had a later first pick and ended up getting Jokic and Kawhi. Otto fell a bit and seemed like a good fit, especially since this league counts 3P% and Otto has typically been really strong there, which brings me to my next point.

My main complaint with him so far is that his 3P% is down .077 from last year (.364 from .441) on the same number of attempts (4). If he can just starting converting on his attempts from 3 then his FG/Pts/3pm all benefit and his value will be much closer to where I drafted him than the #88 he’s currently ranked at. If burying a few more 3’s in a week is all it’s going to take for him to turn around his value then I’m happy to be patient. 

I think he’ll turn it around.  I’m somewhat skeptical of him returning top 25 value again.  Somewhat akin to Danny Green, these low usage guys who have most of their value tied to St3cks and low TO, it’s easy for their value to drop.  But once the draft is over where he was drafted as well his ranking becomes largely irrelevant.  The only question is whether he’s doing good things for your team which he already is and he can do even better.  He will get you your threes.  

• Like 1

I think it will be hard for him to be back in top 25. I'm looking at Danny Green's numbers as a benchmark, and those numbers are still really good. Since Howard is now patrolling the paint, I expect a bit of a regression to his career 3pt% of 45-50% since he shoots the same amount of attempts. That's about 2 3PMs, plus stocks. If you have an efficiency team, he gives you 5 cats.

In my punt FT%/TO team, I'm treating him more as a luxury stash. If he doesn't work out, I have Barton and Cousins lined up in my IR anyway.

It's hilarious to me how they go out of their way to not pass it to Porter when he's wide open.  Not just Wall but Morris and others too.  They really look like they hate him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barbosa said:

It's hilarious to me how they go out of their way to not pass it to Porter when he's wide open.  Not just Wall but Morris and others too.  They really look like they hate him.

Oh God not the news I wanted to hear...

2 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Oh God not the news I wanted to hear...

Watching the game is eye-opening.  He's been open a couple times and they don't even look his way.  One time Wall faked a pass to an open Porter, then ended up taking a sort-of-contested 3 instead.  Unfortunately it went in so you know Wall feels justified.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, barbosa said:

Watching the game is eye-opening.  He's been open a couple times and they don't even look his way.  One time Wall faked a pass to an open Porter, then ended up taking a sort-of-contested 3 instead.  Unfortunately it went in so you know Wall feels justified.

Maybe they want otto out of was

4 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

Maybe they want otto out of was

John Wall and Bradley Beal are not even elite scorers and they blamed Otto for the struggle. Those niggas insane. 

Look at the stat this year, get the f--- outta here

Bradley Beal: FG 47.3%, 3P 35.8%, FT 77%

John Wall: FG 45.7%, 3P 29.8%, FT 71%

Otto Porter Jr.: FG 44.7%, 3P 36.4%, FT 82%

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckster said:

1 shot in the first half.....so frustrating to own. 

f--- those niggas... John Wall and Bradley Beal are playing 2 men game. What the f---! Sometimes it involves Dwight Howard for some picks but that's it. ******** ball hog Wall and Beal ******** burn in hell. Bradley Beal 0/4 3pt. Rot in hell! 

Always place in Otto in corner 3 and never pass the ******** damn ball to the weak side. ******** headache to watch Wizards game. f--- my fantasy game. 

If I were Otto, I will ******** go defend Wall and Beal and take the ******** ball from their ******** hands and drive to basket all i want. f--- that pussy. 

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1

Perfect buy low time, I hazard a guess that there are a few frustrated owners out there. You can count me as one of them! haha

Edited by DamoESP

What I don't understand is what's changed this year.  I get that Oubre and Rivers are favored by the coach but did something happen in the offseason to make everyone hate Otto on that team?  It's been roughly the same team for years now and this didn't seem to be an issue the past two years.  Any Wizards fans know?

4 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

I want to punch Beal in the face

I want to shove Durian shell up Beal and Wall's a** 

Give Otto the ball and he's pretty decent to find open teammates.  

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1

The answer is quite simple.

I drafted him. I’m sorry guys. However, I guarantee the moment I trade him away he will do amazing.

Unfotunately, no one in my league will trade for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

The answer is quite simple.

I drafted him. I’m sorry guys. However, I guarantee the moment I trade him away he will do amazing.

Unfotunately, no one in my league will trade for him.

Well then, you know what you have to do right?

Time for you to pickup a hot WW streamer ;)

Edited by DamoESP
  • Haha 1

Austin Rivers will likely end up with more minutes than him this game, pretty hilarious.

It's honestly funny to me that Brooks HATES the one guy who doesn't take terrible shots and actually plays defense.  Brooks may be the worst coach of the past decade.  He's so, so, so, so, so bad.  

• Like 2

This is more frustrating than scott skiles with john henson and larry sanders

Edited by bhkim814