Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

Recommended Posts

Not even blaming Stotts at this point. For whatever reason, this team looks better when he's not on the court. Jeff Green has been the 3rd best player on this team by far. Yea his teammates aren't looking him but he stands in the corner looking uninterested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Not even blaming Stotts at this point. For whatever reason, this team looks better when he's not on the court. Jeff Green has been the 3rd best player on this team by far. Yea his teammates aren't looking him but he stands in the corner looking uninterested

 

How can you be interested when your teammates hate you, blame their awful production on you (when they're the ones taking bad shot after bad shot and not playing defense), and then talk s*** about you in the media?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Any chance of a trade?  This is extremely frustrating.

They won the game with Wall and Beal ball-hogging all the way... not a good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, barbosa said:

 

How can you be interested when your teammates hate you, blame their awful production on you (when they're the ones taking bad shot after bad shot and not playing defense), and then talk s*** about you in the media?

Not even disagreeing with you but I'm just saying that compounds the issue. Wizards have been better with Otto on the bench, so maybe those guys are justified in being frustrated with him.

 

I do believe Otto should be the 3rd best player on this team but the results are saying otherwise. I'm an owner that wants him to shoot 15 FGAs a game but at this point, his benching seems justified.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At start of season I read article about huge increase pace of game this season almost all teams. Guys like Otto (low metric) slow on court (not sprinting on switching offence/diffence). So it may affect playing time. But than also if he good 3pt% why they not pass if he open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly and Green right there for the timeshare. Howard’s presence was going to affect rebounding and usage numbers as is, so not the best wait and see approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Green has been playing very well lately an Otto hasnt been taking advantage of the very limited opportunities he's had so far. I've watched every single game this year and Otto has been very lackluster. Brooks going with hot hands and different lineups trying to keep his name out of the fire. Otto on the short end of the stick right now. John and Brad have always been ball dominant so simple fact is Otto is not effective atm. Kelly and Green have outplayed him this year. 

 

Also the "offense" this team runs is iso pick and roll. No off ball screens to get shooters open. Otto doesn't set picks. Everybody stand around until Beal and Wall calls for a screen. With no movement a guy like Otto isnt going to flourish. 

 

Now theres high probability Green regresses as he always does and Otto will have to start playing better as he gets his minutes back in the 30's. 

 

Dont sell low but its risky to buy unless you buy very low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost traded JJJ and Redick for him before the games started .... wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROTY said:

I almost traded JJJ and Redick for him before the games started .... wow

Cool story bro .... wow

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamaal99 said:

Cool story bro .... wow

must be if you replied :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patience. The line wasn’t that bad. The minutes is the problem. Something will change. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Patience. The line wasn’t that bad. The minutes is the problem. Something will change. 

Extremely weird you cut the minutes of your clear best wing defender and efficient outside shooter. Something just doesnt feel right. Id be panicking a little

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Extremely weird you cut the minutes of your clear best wing defender and efficient outside shooter. Something just doesnt feel right. Id be panicking a little

Panic and do what exactly?


I don't think you can get fair value for him.

 

All we can hope is for a shake up, trade or best yet, their coach fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is hes being severely outplayed by Green. Porter is playing little to no defence out there and just looks lazy. If I was Brooks, with my job potentially on the line i’d play whoever helps me get a win and thats been Green, not Otto.

 

Nothing you can do but wait it out. His numbers look so bad that nobody will offer you anything worthwhile.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Panic and do what exactly?


I don't think you can get fair value for him.

 

All we can hope is for a shake up, trade or best yet, their coach fired.

I said that id be panicking a little not to quickly trade for wes matthews. You just have to hold or try trade to an experienced manager who may want to gamble that he bounces back

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad I traded him away in one of my 8 cat leagues but he’s been an oddly decent fit in one of my 9 cat leagues.  Look on the bright side: 2 threes and 1 block today.  4 assists to 0 TO means an infinite A/To ratio!  :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The issue is hes being severely outplayed by Green. Porter is playing little to no defence out there and just looks lazy. If I was Brooks, with my job potentially on the line i’d play whoever helps me get a win and thats been Green, not Otto.

 

Nothing you can do but wait it out. His numbers look so bad that nobody will offer you anything worthwhile.

 

bro, the coach needs to go, he's the reason otto hasn't been productive, he's setting him up to fail. With beal and wall publicly, and I think even the coach did too, calling otto out, just pathetic, say that s--- in the locker room, those guys are trash leaders.

 

Otto is the prototypical 3 and D guy in today's league, low usage, good shooter, good defender who can switch, also decent passer and plays great off the ball, bruh if houston had otto porter, kelly oubre, and jeff green, believe me Otto minutes would be in the 30's, not this ****show where they both playing more than him, it's absurd!

 

Brooks has no idea what he's doing IMO // J wall just after his // Beal I'm not sure what's going on, he needs to be on a different team than wall, this relationship has reached its end.

 

I guess understand what you're saying, in this trash a** system green and oubre fit better because they are both ball hogs who shoot and don't pass, yea I can see why you they are outplaying otto, they have no regard for anything but themselves......or why it appears that way

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The porter owner just told me I could get him for a batum/Brogdon package and I thought that’s a pretty decent buy low, but I came to the top resource - this forum - and now I’m a little hesitant. 

 

Is otto gonna turn this thing around? He’s too good not to, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

The porter owner just told me I could get him for a batum/Brogdon package and I thought that’s a pretty decent buy low, but I came to the top resource - this forum - and now I’m a little hesitant. 

 

Is otto gonna turn this thing around? He’s too good not to, right?

 

Well he needs to play enough minutes first. 

 

Second, his teammates need to pass him the ball.

 

Third, no one here understands why Brooks hates him. So that needs to be clarified. His values at rock bottom. Smh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least holding Otto for a while won't really HURT you anywhere, he is not going to kill your %'s or TO's, while still averaging 1.5 3pm,  1.4 stls and .8 blks on the season.

 

Just gotta be able to live with the low production until the situation improves.

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...