Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

The porter owner just told me I could get him for a batum/Brogdon package and I thought that’s a pretty decent buy low, but I came to the top resource - this forum - and now I’m a little hesitant. 

 

Is otto gonna turn this thing around? He’s too good not to, right?

It depends on team build.  The past two weeks he’s been 62nd based on 10 ppg/3.5 rpg/2.2 apg 2/1/1 but over 50% FG, fun fact literally hasn’t missed a single Free throw in two weeks, and only .6 TO per game.  Now those are some very unimpressive counting stats but if your team is based on efficiency he’s one of the most efficient across the three efficiency cats and produces relevant counting stats.  Considering this is basically his floor, I think it’s a safe bet he’ll be top 50 value ros.   But I don’t expect him to be top 20 again given Washington’s ****show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It depends on team build.  The past two weeks he’s been 62nd based on 10 ppg/3.5 rpg/2.2 apg 2/1/1 but over 50% FG, fun fact literally hasn’t missed a single Free throw in two weeks, and only .6 TO per game.  Now those are some very unimpressive counting stats but if your team is based on efficiency he’s one of the most efficient across the three efficiency cats and produces relevant counting stats.  Considering this is basically his floor, I think it’s a safe bet he’ll be top 50 value ros.   But I don’t expect him to be top 20 again given Washington’s ****show.

He has literally attempted 1 free throw in the past 2 weeks.  One single free throw attempt.  One.  He could have missed his lone attempt and not "hurt" your ft%.  

 

I play 8 cat, he's 103rd over the past 2 weeks.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hobbs28 said:

He has literally attempted 1 free throw in the past 2 weeks.  One single free throw attempt.  One.  He could have missed his lone attempt and not "hurt" your ft%.  

 

I play 8 cat, he's 103rd over the past 2 weeks.  

Well, he sucks in 8 cat.  I had him in one 8 cat league and traded him for bazemore, tucker, and gay.  

 

As for the FT....it’s the typical he won’t help you but he won’t hurt you either. I have Lillard on my team so it’s nice to have a guy who won’t hurt my stellar FT and who will commit around 2 TO in any given week compared to 6 threes/3 steals.  Granted the counting stats have sucked.  I’m just trying to be optimistic!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DamoESP said:

At least holding Otto for a while won't really HURT you anywhere, he is not going to kill your %'s or TO's, while still averaging 1.5 3pm,  1.4 stls and .8 blks on the season.

 

Just gotta be able to live with the low production until the situation improves.

 

That's the optimistic approach of looking at it lol in reality every production missed is production gained by your opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

 

That's the optimistic approach of looking at it lol in reality every production missed is production gained by your opponent. 

What if you don't have an opponent bc you're playing 9 cat roto?  Your goal is simply to build the best possible roster, of which Otto is one piece.  His counting stats are ****ful so you'll need to make that up elsewhere but if he's your say 5th best player he's producing relevant counting stats on incredible efficiency at what's basically his floor.  I was never interested in Otto in 8 cat so that's a moot point and I'd much rather target him in roto than H2H.  The only format I targeted him was 9 cat roto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was dropped in my league and i got him as FA (even he cleared waivers!). So, any chance to crack top 70 in 8 cat roto this season? What is wrong with him? Any chance for trade? I don`t follow Wizards, so i have no idea what is going on with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, montanski said:

So, any chance to crack top 70 in 8 cat roto this season?

Finished 40th and 40th the past two seasons so I'd say top 70 is pretty likely.  Even with this awful, terrible, no good start he's just outside the top-100.

 

Fact is, he just has to play better out there.  He looks slow footed and lazy right now.  Sure, Wall/Beal need to actually pass him the ball when he's usually open from 3 but he's also got to be more active on both ends.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, montanski said:

He was dropped in my league and i got him as FA (even he cleared waivers!). So, any chance to crack top 70 in 8 cat roto this season? What is wrong with him? Any chance for trade? I don`t follow Wizards, so i have no idea what is going on with them.

 

He could definitely crack top 70 but that doesn't sound like it would be worth a pickup for you since you're in a 4 tean league.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

 

He could definitely crack top 70 but that doesn't sound like it would be worth a pickup for you since you're in a 4 tean league.

He was dropped in my 10 team Roto league, so I'm guessing my league isn't the only one where he was dropped. I think people are scared off by his lack of minutes in the 4th. I feel like coach speak carries weight, and Brooks called him "a winner" after the Orlando game, and said he will get it together, so to speak. He's been consistent for the past 3 years, it's not like he forgot how to play basketball. Players have slumps, they go through down periods, it happens. But he's too good not to bounce back. Here is the Rotoworld panel discussing why you should buy low on Otto:

 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/83924/496/podcast-buy-low-on-otto

 

So for me, I'm holding. He'll be fine. Jeff Green will fall back to Earth like he always does, it's not like Oubre has been playing hot himself (1 point in the Orlando game). So buy low on Otto, he will be fine. If he's available in your league, make room for him. He's an accomplished player that hurts you nowhere. In Roto, that is very important. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fellow OPJ owner, we hit a jackpot here.

 

9 pts on perfect shooting 4/4 3pt 1/1 

3:59 in 1st quarter, s---y brooks still did not sub him out and wizards is playing like warriors. I guess OPJ stop visiting Brooks's wife so he gets to play now. 

 

I cant believe john wall is actually letting teammates involved in offense. 

Edited by csklmf
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess OPJ is playing entire 1st quarter.

 

Someone is giving constructive advice to s---y brooks so that he can well secure his job. 11 points now. Road to 50 points. I don't get out from work until 7. I'm watching you.

 

P.S. lil girl Kelly still sucks 

Edited by csklmf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Too bad it was a blowout, couldve had more 

It was a blowout in part because they empowered Otto to do his thing, so it's a catch 20/20, at least that's what I'll tell myself :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It was a blowout in part because they empowered Otto to do his thing, so it's a catch 20/20, at least that's what I'll tell myself :P

Let's hope Brooks and the coaching staff and his teammates take note :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully I didn’t waste my #1 waiver on him. Hard to move up on the waiver in my league because the owners value it so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.