Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

Love reading the advanced commentary here. 

How is do you guys think he stacks up in 9 cat roto vs ,say, Ben Simmons? 

Simmons is a trip dub machine but porter doesn’t hurt you anywhere.

9 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Love reading the advanced commentary here. 

How is do you guys think he stacks up in 9 cat roto vs ,say, Ben Simmons? 

Simmons is a trip dub machine but porter doesn’t hurt you anywhere.

Simmons goes to the line way to much for Roto and he'll cripple you in that category. You gotta be outstanding in every other area if you want to punt FT%. 

While punting has been more common over the years in Roto, it's just something I personally don't do. 

35 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Simmons goes to the line way to much for Roto and he'll cripple you in that category. You gotta be outstanding in every other area if you want to punt FT%. 

While punting has been more common over the years in Roto, it's just something I personally don't do. 

Deleting my response. It was about Ben Simmons but forgot I was in the Otto thread.

Edited by DoctorLove

7 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Did my first auction and ended up with Simmons and Gobert so ft% is toast.

How are you guys building around Simmons in roto? Doesn’t seem like an easy task.

I don't have him. I got Draymond though. He's the same thing minus the FT% drawback.

Simmons will go in the top 20 regardless. He was picked 15th in mine. If you end up drafting Simmons, you have to commit to punting FT% and fix his other weakness which is 3's. But 3's are easiest to come by, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by Trench Mob

10 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Switching back to Otto, do you guys think the Dwight effect is going to hurt his value too badly?

Not really. His rebounds might drop a reb or 2, but that's about it.

20 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Not really. His rebounds might drop a reb or 2, but that's about it.

I can handle that. Considering dealing Simmons for porter and Dunn but the thought if Dwight hurting porter is giving me major heartburn 

8 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Switching back to Otto, do you guys think the Dwight effect is going to hurt his value too badly?

Dwight's already injured, he hurt his butt muscle, not too worried, if anything more 3s with the inside out game.

I've never owned Otto before, is he exciting to own? His stats are super similar to Gary Harris whom I enjoy watching. 

I see that most of his value comes from his efficiency and his numbers don't pop out at you, hence the reason I think he fell to me in my H2H league. 

3 hours ago, dboywong said:

I've never owned Otto before, is he exciting to own? His stats are super similar to Gary Harris whom I enjoy watching. 

I see that most of his value comes from his efficiency and his numbers don't pop out at you, hence the reason I think he fell to me in my H2H league. 

If you're the type that enjoys building very efficient teams, then you're going to love Otto. I managed to get him on the 4th round in a 9 cat Roto league, and I'm stoked about it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dboywong said:

Exciting to own ? Absolutely not. He's actually quite boring to own. You won't even really notice him . And there within lies his beauty..... 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Exciting to own ? Absolutely not. He's actually quite boring to own. You won't even really notice him . And there within lies his beauty..... 

The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder 

:) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dboywong said:

OPJ is much more versatile than Garry, he is producing in different categories every other night. That makes him a bit difficult to pick before #50 in H2H.

Just now, dekciw_1 said:

OPJ is much more versatile than Garry, he is producing in different categories every other night. That makes him a bit difficult to pick before #50 in H2H.

yup,I think porter is more useful in roto than H2H

• Like 1

I picked him 70th in my 12m h2h 9cat league. Did I strike it rich? never owned him before and grabbed him from the hype of this forum.

make me feel good please lol. I passed on pg for jrue in the second round trying to be cute.

Edited by Walk with me
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

I picked him 70th in my 12m h2h 9cat league. Did I strike it rich? never owned him before and grabbed him from the hype of this forum.

make me feel good please lol. I passed on pg for jrue in the second round trying to be cute.

That might be a mistake passing PG 24 for Jrue. . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Stefan said:

That might be a mistake passing PG 24 for Jrue. . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont think so. I passed on PG for Jrue also and i would do the same again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

My brother !!!!

44 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

I dont think so. I passed on PG for Jrue also and i would do the same again.

I tell you peeps that's a mistake... PG will be at worst TOP  15...  around 25 PPG + 2S and 3 3PM... INSANE.

Jrue will be SOLID also... but TOP 15-20 AT BEST IMO.

We'll see :)  good luck

Edited by Stefan
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I tell you peeps that's a mistake... PG will be at worst TOP  15...  around 25 PPG + 2S and 3 3PM... INSANE.

Jrue will be SOLID also... but TOP 15-20 AT BEST IMO.

We'll see :)  good luck

Nobody denies that PG will be a top 20ish player, but individual standings are a bit manipilative.

Whenever i picked PG in the second i always had problems building balanced teams.

I picked KAT in the first, and pairing him with PG would have been a complete mess imo. Jrue's ast/to ratio & overall efficiency  complement way more with KAT/AD/Durant etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dekciw_1 said:

Nobody denies that PG will be a top 20ish player, but individual standings are a bit manipilative.

Whenever i picked PG in the second i always had problems building balanced teams.

I picked KAT in the first, and pairing him with PG would have been a complete mess imo. Jrue's ast/to ratio & overall efficiency  complement way more with KAT/AD/Durant etc.

AD was my first pick. You’re making my day bro, I had trouble sleeping last night over this.

1 hour ago, Walk with me said:

I picked him 70th in my 12m h2h 9cat league. Did I strike it rich?

Yes. Porter's versatility makes him a fit for any team, and we was top 40 in any build you care to name last season. You got a third- or even second-rounder at the end of the sixth round.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

I got Otto with 61th pick 

That's a steal getting him at the sixty firsth pick