Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

18 minutes ago, B-rye said:

Dude news flash Porter ain’t putting up top 50 value this year, this is beyond a slump we’re a month and a half in at this point.....it’s more mental than physical now , you best stop cracking me up .... eaten alive in your league hahaha

i had the option for in my money league to trade my Ayton and Porter or ayton or SGA for his Oladipo and joe Harris I kept SGA over this bum Porter all day long

When do you think the basketball season started? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, B-rye said:

Dude news flash Porter ain’t putting up top 50 value this year, this is beyond a slump we’re a month and a half in at this point.....it’s more mental than physical now , you best stop cracking me up .... eaten alive in your league hahaha

i had the option for in my money league to trade my Ayton and Porter or ayton or SGA for his Oladipo and joe Harris I kept SGA over this bum Porter all day long

Hahaha cool reasoning mate, Porter isn't putting top 50 value right now so I will keep SGA who isn't even putting top 150 value?? :) If you have more money that you can spend at least go to fundly or gofundme and try to help someone. Throwing it away on fantasy is not clever move for you ;) 

Also month and half? You know that half of a month is 15 days right? :)

Keep trolling mate, keep trolling. 

#FREEPORTER

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

When do you think the basketball season started? 

He’s looked horrible in preseason is my point hasn’t looked good in preseason or regular season , hasn’t even had back to back great games ....

this isnt like lord covington getting traded and playing great on a new team .... Porter is not a top 50 idc what you say

3 minutes ago, B-rye said:

He’s looked horrible in preseason is my point hasn’t looked good in preseason or regular season , hasn’t even had back to back great games ....

this isnt like lord covington getting traded and playing great on a new team .... Porter is not a top 50 idc what you say

I'm just kinda weirded out that you said month and a half when the  wizards season started 32 days ago. 

2 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Lol look at this guy saying yes. 

You have Curry, Wall, Bledsoe, Harris, Porter, Giannis, Gobert in the same team... Keep playing with yourself and restrain yourself from unhelpful advices.

Porter provided top 30 value 2 years in a row, and you are willing to trade him for a guy who is playing the best basketball of his career and still barely returning top 50 value. Which is also unsustainable, he plays to little and blocks will surely go down. He never was a good blocker.

You would be eaten alive with that kind of mindset in any league besides leagues where you are the only player... I mean come on Giannis and Curry would be impossible pairing even for 4-teamer, not to mention that Wall, Bledsoe, Gobert and Porter are going in 2-3-4 round. You even have Adams and Allen which rules out 2-1 trades... 

Come on man, who are you kidding? 

:D

All the best to you mate :)

Why are you so emotional over this, he asked a question and I answered :lol: I would take Harrell for Otto. I’m not saying he should, he asked if an Otto owner would take it and I would so what does your input have to do with anything?

I should say I do appreciate the compliment on my team though thank you I will enjoy winning :)

Edited by Boogie Buckets
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, B-rye said:

He meant Harrell is not putting up top 50 value this year even though he is playing the best basketball of his career. Lets be fair, OPJ has not been given the opportunity to produce this year. Low PT and only some spare touches left by Wall, Beal and now Howard. It is obvious something drastic is going to happen sooner rather than later because Wizards are in a toxic state right now and the situation is not viable. As for @Boogie Buckets, he should feel free to express his opinion about anything but it is important for the rest of us here to be aware of what @AomineDaiki05 is talking about. I mean come on, did you see his squad? Perhaps he is in a fantasy fantasy league with fantasy friends...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

That's desperate. 27 Mil for a role player is crazy. I would rather they get Ariza back.

As a Rockets fan I was for this until I realized what a terrible contract he has. Wiz can keep him.

Edited by izeroi

3 hours ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Lol look at this guy saying yes. 

You have Curry, Wall, Bledsoe, Harris, Porter, Giannis, Gobert in the same team... Keep playing with yourself and restrain yourself from unhelpful advices.

Porter provided top 30 value 2 years in a row, and you are willing to trade him for a guy who is playing the best basketball of his career and still barely returning top 50 value. Which is also unsustainable, he plays to little and blocks will surely go down. He never was a good blocker.

You would be eaten alive with that kind of mindset in any league besides leagues where you are the only player... I mean come on Giannis and Curry would be impossible pairing even for 4-teamer, not to mention that Wall, Bledsoe, Gobert and Porter are going in 2-3-4 round. You even have Adams and Allen which rules out 2-1 trades... 

Come on man, who are you kidding? 

:D

All the best to you mate :)

I said yes too.  

Key word you said is "provided".  As in the past.  In terms of career arc I think we've seen the Prime Otto Porter...it might not ever be as good as his past numbers...we've seen his best, and there's a chance he won't ever sniff top 30 in fantasy again.  On the other hand there always is the possibility he gets back, maybe a trade changes his value, he gets hot for 2 months, but with the Wiz I don't see.  

But I mostly wanted to defend Harrell, in that taking in to account career arc, he's on the way up, and will only improve both this year and in the coming years.  Up to this year, in very limited minutes throughout his career he's produced well, and he's actually produced decent steal and block numbers in those limited minutes, especially when he got over 20 minutes.  He doesn't chip in 3's or assists, but that's fine.  He's one of the absolute best FG boosters in the entire league and a total stock machine.  I don't see any regression coming, I don't see the minutes decreasing, in fact only I see the minutes growing and more improvement coming, and he will easily be a top 50 player for the next 5-8 years.    

I would take the statline from the first half alone and be  happy if he could do it constantly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I don't see any regression coming, I don't see the minutes decreasing, in fact only I see the minutes growing and more improvement coming, and he will easily be a top 50 player for the next 5-8 years.    

Montrezl is in a good situation right now. He will go back to being a quality backup at some point. Easily a top 50 player for the next 8 years? No way.

the move to PF could be good for him . That said, same s---y Wizards it would seem

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, there are "whispers" that the Pelicans are interested in Otto Porter.

Advice: Porter is in the second year of four-year, $106.5 million contract, and O'Connor speculates that an offer of Julius Randle, Solomon Hill and a first-round pick could work. Porter is having his worst season since 2014 and has often found himself on the bench late in games with coach Scott Brooks rolling with Kelly Oubre and Jeff Green a lot. A change of scenery could be a good thing for Porter, especially to an offense as good as New Orleans, but there's been no indication that the Wizards are ready to deal despite their awful start.

Jrue-Moore-Porter-Mirotic-Davis :o

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, there are "whispers" that the Pelicans are interested in Otto Porter.

Advice: Porter is in the second year of four-year, $106.5 million contract, and O'Connor speculates that an offer of Julius Randle, Solomon Hill and a first-round pick could work. Porter is having his worst season since 2014 and has often found himself on the bench late in games with coach Scott Brooks rolling with Kelly Oubre and Jeff Green a lot. A change of scenery could be a good thing for Porter, especially to an offense as good as New Orleans, but there's been no indication that the Wizards are ready to deal despite their awful start.

Jrue-Moore-Porter-Mirotic-Davis :o

Sounds scary in real life but guess who gets the least amount of touches :(

I was rooting for the Zards to lose. I'm scared that a win now will just encourage them to stay with status quo

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I was rooting for the Zards to lose. I'm scared that a win now will just encourage them to stay with status quo

If Porter can play 30+ min that's all I can ask for, well see next game, Oubre was in foul trouble.

• Like 1

did he really take only 1 shot in the 2nd half? 38 minutes and 9 shots? i know hes not a volume shooter but Jesus christ. 

44 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Markieff Morris asked if it was nice getting a win considering everything that’s happened over the last day. “Not really. It’s f— ed up what’s going on.” “The comments that’s coming from the locker room is f—-ed up. That don’t happen in sports.”

They dont run any sets for him in the half court for shots and when he tries to get open, he gets pushed out of his spots because hes so skinny. Havent seen much of Otto past few years so not sure if thats just his role. Played with more energy tonight which is good I guess but still only 9 shots