Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

Porter just got dropped on my waiver wire and I would really like a quick response as my league is very active and might pick him up after today's game. Should i drop one of my players like joe ingles, bojan bogdanovich (pacers, not kings), lonzo ball, or malcolm brogdon for him? These are the only players and I could see otto having a better year coming up.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, emotoyama5 said:

Porter just got dropped on my waiver wire and I would really like a quick response as my league is very active and might pick him up after today's game. Should i drop one of my players like joe ingles, bojan bogdanovich (pacers, not kings), lonzo ball, or malcolm brogdon for him? These are the only players and I could see otto having a better year coming up.

don't know your league settings but if its 9 cat or even 8 cat I'm probably dropping every single one of those guys for Otto. Bojan First tho

• Like 3

Its 8-cat. Oladipo is injured and bojan has had really good minutes and is scoring really well right now. I also have a lot of depth at sf and its one of my stronger positions. i would really like to drop lonzo but then i would have really bad depth at point guard (basically mike conley, ricky rubio, malcolm brogdon) and I would have 5 sfs. This is my team if you want to know:

PG: Mike Conley, Ricky Rubio, Lonzo Ball

SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Buddy Hield, Etwaun Moore

SF: Robert Covington, Joe Ingles,  Bogdan Bogdanovich

PF: Tobias Harris, Lamarcus Aldridge

C: Rudy Gobert, DeAndre Jordan

• Confused 4

Its about otto porter's worth i gave my team for context so you could say which player I should drop for him. Its not team specific its otto porter specific

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, emotoyama5 said:

Its about otto porter's worth i gave my team for context so you could say which player I should drop for him. Its not team specific its otto porter specific

That is exactly what doesn't belong here. Questions specific to your team and team build belong in the AC thread once you meet the parameters:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Dude there are other comments in this thread similar to my post asking about whether they should drop someone for otto porter. Haven't seen any comments that it is irrelevant to this particular thread except yours, in fact the replies to their posts are really helpful. I don't know why you have a problem with my question considering it's a really easy question for otto porter fans to answer considering they have the most knowledge about him. The question is literally not specific to my team nor my team build at all and the fact that you cannot acknowledge this simple fact speaks two things to me: one- you have extremely under-average reading comprehension, or two- you refuse to acknowledge this simple question's relation to otter porter for reasons I can't explain. And since your comment has no relevancy to otto porter at all, I would say that your comment "doesn't belong here."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Welcome to RW! =)

I get you're new, but you're not gonna be winning this argument.

And those other comments you're talking about, are also comments that "don't belong here".

It's just how the RW forums work, and dems the rules. 

But of course, just as you've found, plenty of ppl break the rules all the time, and have to be reminded/reprimanded.

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boner said:

> lists entire team and goes into depth about team

Take your dumb a** to the AC forum

I guess a person's username really does reveal a lot about one's intelligence. I didn't know "going into depth about my team" equated to a few comments on my decision on who to drop for otto porter, unless of course you have a small brain incapable of any critical analysis whatsoever. Then again, I guess "listing my team" is too much cognitive load for a level of IQ like yours. 

I know I'm not going to win this argument at all, so I will just give up in making my case, but could someone just give me a goddamn answer as to who i should drop for otto porter? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, emotoyama5 said:

I guess a person's username really does reveal a lot about one's intelligence. I didn't know "going into depth about my team" equated to a few comments on my decision on who to drop for otto porter, unless of course you have a small brain incapable of any critical analysis whatsoever. Then again, I guess "listing my team" is too much cognitive load for a level of IQ like yours. 

I know I'm not going to win this argument at all, so I will just give up in making my case, but could someone just give me a goddamn answer as to who i should drop for otto porter? 

This forum isn't about you and your needs, it's about Otto Porter. Stop being so selfish by clogging up the thread. Now be gone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, emotoyama5 said:

Drop porter at the AC forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a kick out of this article proposed by the Blazers SBNation page:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/11/20/18104864/analysis-vulturing-the-wizards-rotting-carcass-portland-trail-blazers-trade-otto-porter

I've no idea how Otto would pan out with the Blazers if that ever went down. Frankly, a trade out of the Wiz wouldn't be ideal for us on a fantasy PO standpoint (4-4-4). The reports from media and comments from the WAS players paints a bleak picture, so I have to believe a trade will go down before the deadline. If I had to venture a guess, it would likely be Beal who dons a new jersey. I just hope Otto steps u big time regardless of who leaves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, emotoyama5 said:

Dude you literally just posted your entire team TO PROVIDE CONTEXT so people can give a better answer. It is not JUST Otto. It is Otto relative to your team.

Say people indulged you and answered your question. This thread would have been so unnecessarily long. People who came here for Otto-centric discussions just read about your problem. There is a specific forum meant for that, the AC, where you will find questions that are similar to yours.

Speaking of being unnecessarily long, you were two clicks away and a couple of cop+paste strokes to have your questions answered properly without the unnecessary noise here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/11/20/18104864/analysis-vulturing-the-wizards-rotting-carcass-portland-trail-blazers-trade-otto-porter

I've no idea how Otto would pan out with the Blazers if that ever went down. Frankly, a trade out of the Wiz wouldn't be ideal for us on a fantasy PO standpoint (4-4-4). The reports from media and comments from the WAS players paints a bleak picture, so I have to believe a trade will go down before the deadline. If I had to venture a guess, it would likely be Beal who dons a new jersey. I just hope Otto steps u big time regardless of who leaves.

Thanks for for sharing bud. Portland does play at a very fast pace and seems like they all have green lights to fire away from deep though haha.

• Like 1

Honestly, at this point, I don't care if he leaves or stays. Or how much crappier his PO schedule becomes.

Dude needs change... and I will happily accept ANY kind of change lol.

Even if Beal gets traded, Wall's still in WAS most likely, so I do think Otto getting out of WAS will be best.

Cuz honestly, I'll happily take 3-3-3 of something resembling last year's Otto than 4-4-4 of the turd fest this year mostly has been...

• Like 1

Yeah that didnt excite me either, fantasy-wise. IRL, Blazers would be helluva team. You basically just have to picture Harkless' usage in his last decent year. Still 1-1-1, but not as exciting and a lower ceiling.

It has got to be beal. $127mn, 4-yr (?) contract, 25 years-old. Could be franchise cornerstone or the other piece for a power duo.

3 minutes ago, Oda11 said:

Thanks for for sharing bud. Portland does play at a very fast pace and seems like they all have green lights to fire away from deep though haha.

Otto playing fast paced in any setting always gives me pause haha. It reminds me of owning him last year and the year previous, and those OUT games because of his damn hip.

Guys, don't let anyone in your league try to swindle you. I've had GMs lowball me all week, so it was funny to see those "Trade offer has been cancelled" emails after Otto showed up tonight. 

23 minutes ago, emotoyama5 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

• Haha 1

emotomaja listen to me carefully:

giphy.gif

As for Porter it looks like team winning, minutes being close to 40 and playing PF (?) at least help him on the rebounding category lol. What was up with Oubre only playing 12 minutes? Brooks looks like he is applying "all the eggs in the same basket" tactic amid all this controversy and runs his best players over or close to 40 minutes. Obv not sustainable, but nevertheless good to give em "one last chance" to right the ship before trading them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

emotomaja listen to me carefully:

giphy.gif

As for Porter it looks like team winning, minutes being close to 40 and playing PF (?) at least help him on the rebounding category lol. What was up with Oubre only playing 12 minutes? Brooks looks like he is applying "all the eggs in the same basket" tactic amid all this controversy and runs his best players over or close to 40 minutes. Obv not sustainable, but nevertheless good to give em "one last chance" to right the ship before trading them.

I think a combo of foul trouble and green playing well

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 12:17 AM, pdids911 said:

oubre had 5 fouls in the 1st half so last night's game was an anomaly type of game

Anomalous because the Wizards won.

• Haha 3