Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Otto needs to be fed more shots 

It would be great if that would happen, but unfortunately he's on a team where he's a distant 3rd option on offense.  Wall and Beal take up enough of the offense for more than 2 players.  Still, while more points would always be nice, we drafted him for everything else he does.  He's done good there so far.

• Like 4

why oh why did i take gordon hayward over otto. thought i could be sneaky and wait it out due to his outrageously low rank in espn. 

37 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Big question: What will happen if Howard comes back?

You do understand that Otto doesnt need the ball in his hands to produce?

6 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

You do understand that Otto doesnt need the ball in his hands to produce?

To produce any stats he needs the ball in his hand tbh

I see your point but you know that he is as good as he is because he does a bit of everything. But what happens if a force like Howard standing in the paint? Rebounds, Blocks, points could be harder collect.

Edited by dorwell

7 minutes ago, dorwell said:

To produce any stats he needs the ball in his hand tbh

I see your point but you know that he is as good as he is because he does a bit of everything. But what happens if a force like Howard standing in the paint? Rebounds, Blocks, points could be harder collect.

I agree. I love otto Porter but only 7 shots in a close game? He also has never averaged more than 2 stocks a game. Usually 1.5 steals and 0.5 blocks. Not to mention Dwight didn’t even play. Eh lol

Edited by Shredded

Let's not panic.

Otto's 1st game last season: 10 points, 8 rds, 3 stls, 1 blk, 0 threes
Otto's 1st game this season: 9 points, 11 rbds, 3 stls, 3 blks, 0 threes

Otto's 2nd game last season: 28 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 1 block, 2 threes

We good. 

• Like 1

Why the hell would anybody panic over that game, he looked great, I'll never understand obsession with points. Give me statline like last night's every night. And I don't understand how would Dwight, and people here act like that's prime Dwight, steal Otto's blocks? Blocks? What, Otto is going to put his hand up just about to block someone and Howard will put his hand above Otto's to block the shot before him?

Edited by GmGodine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I watched the game last night and did not see a lot of passes go Otto's way.  Kind of hope he gets moved to Minnesota since they could use a perimeter threat and his defense and I know Jeff Teague would have the common sense to get him the ball.

DC homer who has watched all of Otto's career dating back to Georgetown.  I don't quite understand why anyone is displeased with last night's line or expects Otto to be something he is not.  His value is in his stocks, efficiency, and 3s.  Its surprising that he didnt even attempt a 3 last night but the Wiz talked a lot about shooting more 3s as a team this off-season and Porter will get his attempts over the season.

He is NEVER going to be an aggressive offensive player who creates his own shot.  Thats simply not his game.  

I also don't see any negatives with Dwight's presence once he suits up.  If anything, I think he helps Porter get more open looks on offense and his rim protection frees Porter up to take more chances on steals.  Don't see it impacting his blocks as he's obviously not going to average 3 a game and will still get his b/c he's active with long arms and knows how to play positionally.

Otto is who we thought he was, which is a damn good fantasy asset who's going to contribute in the categories mentioned.  There is a little room for growth with his 3s and scoring but again, he is who he is, which is the guy people drafted and will contribute to any build.

• Like 1

Not displeased with his line from last night at all. I just think he could be even better and the ball seems to stick with the guards a little much on that team.  

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

why oh why did i take gordon hayward over otto. thought i could be sneaky and wait it out due to his outrageously low rank in espn. 

ESPN gonna ESPN lol

very low usage and shot attempt,it's frustrated