Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

I don't like this. Lavine is more of a black holes than Beal, and PO sched just went from great to worst. First Tobias, now Otto. Ugh

definitely thinks this helps his value, although he loses the amazing playoff schedule. Bulls have absolutely no talent at the wing. Only thing to watch out for is a potential shut down, but I would think OPJ plays heavy minutes

I like his outlook in CHI but I needed him to play today.

Oh well, the Bulls have someone to kick it out to now and he should slot in fine. He’ll open up lanes for Lavine and Dunn to create.

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I don't like this. Lavine is more of a black holes than Beal, and PO sched just went from great to worst. First Tobias, now Otto. Ugh

I disagree Was had more chuckers, but yeah po is bad

19 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Stop. Otto was being fazed out in Washington. Wasn't properly used and seemed disinterested. 

Now he gets a fresh start with a team that actually wants him.

It's a GREAT move for Porter owners.

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Stop. Otto was being fazed out in Washington. Wasn't properly used and seemed disinterested. 

but his value is shooting. with markanen and lavine taking 20 shots each. when does he get his shot?

8 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Playoff schedule goes from classy to trashy.

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

but his value is shooting. with markanen and lavine taking 20 shots each. when does he get his shot?

His value isn't scoring. 14.7 is his career high in scoring. His value is in pcts, steals etc..

He has been miserable in Washington this year. His pcts are done across the board. Getting out of the toxic culture and get a fresh start is a good thing. 

As for Markanen and lavine, let's not act as if they are Durant/Curry. Teams score 110 points a game. It's not as if they average 30 points each. Otto can EASILY get 11.5 shots per game which is his career high. He doesn't need 20 shots a game to be very effective. 

The playoff schedule is bad, so if you wanted to find a negative that is where you should point to. 

11 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I'm looking at the Bulls' usage and Lavine has 30%, Markkanen has 24%, Dunn has 21% (so far). Though Otto doesn't need a lot of usage to produce, it's hard to see him consistently surpass the 20% mark. I was okay with his low usage because of the Wiz's amazing PO sched, but now it's one of the worst. I really hope I'm wrong because I love Otto's game, but I am not too thrilled.

Edited by ellejamil

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

His value isn't scoring. 14.7 is his career high in scoring. His value is in pcts, steals etc..

He has been miserable in Washington this year. His pcts are done across the board. Getting out of the toxic culture and get a fresh start is a good thing. 

As for Markanen and lavine, let's not act as if they are Durant/Curry. Teams score 110 points a game. It's not as if they average 30 points each. Otto can EASILY get 11.5 shots per game which is his career high. He doesn't need 20 shots a game to be very effective. 

The playoff schedule is bad, so if you wanted to find a negative that is where you should point to. 

oh i'm in points league so those stats you broke down doesn't help me lol

1 minute ago, centerfield_ballhawk said:

Playoff schedule goes from classy to trashy.

Yeah, just noted that in my last post. Definitely a negative. But I haven't been confident starting him with 4 games weeks because he would come down with phantom injuries because, i suspect, he hasn't been happy in Washington or they haven't been happy with him. So no one should act as if his 4 game schedule at the end of the season was a lock for 4 games of production. 

I rather have 3 games of Otto from last year than "4" games from Otto this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

oh i'm in points league so those stats you broke down doesn't help me lol

Well Porter is better suited for 9 cat

• Like 2

I drafted him in early 4th round due to his PO schedule. Fck these wizards. 

Still crossing my fingers he will somehow gel with lauri well.

Brooks hated Otto and never knew how to use him. On the other side, Boylen will love him, because Otto is quiet defensive minded hardworker. In his system i expect better FG%, more 3s, less rebs (the guards in Chicago are chasing them), more steals and slithly bump in points. In roto he will return his value in per game stats, but as i mentioned, he can miss some games and there is risk for shutdown. This Otto trade is way better for his outlook in roto, than in the other formats.

14 minutes ago, checkers said:

Will he play for Chi tomorrow's game?

No news, but i doubt. He will travel to Chicago for medical exams, and they play on the road. It`s funny that the saturday home game is vs... Wizards.

16 minutes ago, checkers said:

Will he play for Chi tomorrow's game?

He certainly has enough time to be available. 

Is he playing tomorrow?

27 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Is he playing tomorrow?

He is already with the team for the game tonight which makes his questionable for tonight.So I would bet he is good to go for tomorrow against his former team.  

My hope is that he gets 15-20 minutes tonight and 20-25 tomorrow night. 

• Thanks 1