Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

I hate Boylen man. Doc has every right to chew him out. Bum coach 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBS. AWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY. DROOOOOOOOOOOOP. CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

2 hours ago, mdpharm23 said:

Drop city drop drop city ?

Should have been dropped yesterday 

Dropping cuz he has a doubtful tag instead of a questionable tag.

I hope Boylen doesn't pull another Lavine situation.

I'd be so mad if Otto ended up playing tomorrow.

If Otto really misses tomorrow that puts him at 1 possible game remaining for the week and only 3 for next week (if he’s healthy). Dropped for House Jr. without hesitation. No time to wait around in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

If Otto really misses tomorrow that puts him at 1 possible game remaining for the week and only 3 for next week (if he’s healthy). Dropped for House Jr. without hesitation. No time to wait around in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  

What's the size of your league?

11 hours ago, Supersonics said:

lol me too... i wanted moe harkless but i already dropped his a** to stream someone else so i can't grab him back.

Hopefully house keeps up his 3 pt barrage dammmm.... wish i picked him up 1 day earlier

• Like 1

Just dropped for Troy Brown after seeing Ariza leave with a groin injury. Talk about RISKY. Rather get games played by someone with heavy minutes than the chance of one game with unpredictable stats from OPJ. This tweet sealed the deal for me

I'm not crazy am I?

5 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Just dropped for Troy Brown after seeing Ariza leave with a groin injury. Talk about RISKY. Rather get games played by someone with heavy minutes than the chance of one game with unpredictable stats from OPJ. This tweet sealed the deal for me

I'm not crazy am I?

I mean... I as well as others have been dropping since Tuesday

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

I mean... I as well as others have been dropping since Tuesday

Congrats? lol

23 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Congrats? lol

thanks feels good getting 2/2/2 from harkless. then what ever I get from james Johnson in his b2b coming up

14 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

thanks feels good getting 2/2/2 from harkless. then what ever I get from james Johnson in his b2b coming up

I got some good counter stats from Ilyasova today and look forward to seeing Brown get more minutes

6 minutes ago, k3vtap said:

According to this article, Porter vows return this season and states he’s “day to day”. Luckily I’m winning my week by a wide margin so I can afford to hold. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-otto-porter-shoulder-injury-20190320-story,amp.html

Wish I saw this three hours ago lol

Even with him saying he is going to play again this season (which I didn't really think this was a season ending injury anyway) making the decision to drop given his schedule is the right decision. 

Past rotator cuff strains have kept guys out for more than just two games.  Two I saw from the past were KCP and Zaza a few years ago, both missing 4 games. So I think Porter is going to miss his next game Saturday.  Then the Bulls don't play until a back to back the 26th and 27th.  My guess would be since they are in tank mode and he has had various injuries already this year, they will play it safe and he will not play in both of those.  He could possibly be brought back the 27th, but he may not.  So unless you are crushing your opponent or feel confident in the next round, dropping him to maximize your games is the safer and smarter play. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Even with him saying he is going to play again this season (which I didn't really think this was a season ending injury anyway) making the decision to drop given his schedule is the right decision. 

Past rotator cuff strains have kept guys out for more than just two games.  Two I saw from the past were KCP and Zaza a few years ago, both missing 4 games. So I think Porter is going to miss his next game Saturday.  Then the Bulls don't play until a back to back the 26th and 27th.  My guess would be since they are in tank mode and he has had various injuries already this year, they will play it safe and he will not play in both of those.  He could possibly be brought back the 27th, but he may not.  So unless you are crushing your opponent or feel confident in the next round, dropping him to maximize your games is the safer and smarter play. 

Glad you said this. I was on the fence about dropping, and I still am regarding the decision I made. I lead 5-4 in a matchup that should've been a lot easier for me if my best players including Otto didn't pick up DNPs to start the week, and if dropping him to another playoff team means they get 2-3 games out of him then so be it if I can guarantee myself a 2nd place finish at worst. I am stressing because I lost Brogdon last week, then Mirotic a couple days ago, so those guys and Otto are like FG% anchors for me. Getting that value from non-bigs who can also shoot 3s is really important to me and you just don't get it with streaming. Alas, its the playoffs

22 hours ago, sham242 said:

He needs the injury designation. This is crazy. 

Just drop city maaan

Bulls VP of Basketball Operations John Paxson acknowledged that Otto Porter (rotator cuff) is facing an uphill battle to return this season.

"Otto has so many little things going on where we won’t push him," Paxson said. "We may run out of time with him, too." Paxson added that Porter is being monitored daily, but fantasy owners can't wait around for him at this point in the season (he's already been ruled out for Tuesday). Shaq Harrison has been a top-55 asset in 9-category leagues over his past three games with 10.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 3.0 steals and 0.7 blocks, and guys like Antonio Blakeney and Wayne Selden will see more minutes as well.