Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

11 minutes ago, hobbs28 said:

Maybe Otto should be worried about his shots.  This core has been together long enough with an unselfish Porter to realize they aren't going to win a championship this way.  Maybe its time he does get selfish cause he realizes it would give them a better chance.  They are wasting his talents, he would be a star on most other teams and he knows it.  Im praying for a trade, but its so unlikely.

A swap in Houston would be ideal for his style of play.

8 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

A swap in Houston would be ideal for his style of play.

Swap for who? Houston doesn't have the right players to match his salary unless it's a 2-for-1.

Gordon + Tucker for a player like Otto? Gross ripoff. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I like how Scott Brooks said that Otto 'can't worry about his shots' after repeatedly saying all summer that he wants him to take more shots.

Gotta love it.  He's averaging 9.4 FGA/gm, down from 11.5 a year ago.  Usage is at 15.6, down from 18.5 last year.  He's at 42% from the field and 23% from three at the moment.  We all know that won't last.  It's only a matter of time before he gets going.  At least he's still bringing the stocks even if the shot isn't falling and the minutes aren't where they should be.  Being publicly called out by 3 of your teammates and your head coach is far from ideal but this team needs Otto to get on track to have any chance in the East.  

Hold tight if you own or buy-low if you don't.

yeah i would buy low if you can flip a mid round guy for him. this guy has obviously been great for years across the board in fantasy but also has the scoring talent to get 17-20 per if he doesn't have to share usage with Wall and Beal 

If the Wizards were winning, it would be a terrible sign for Otto and his owners.

But they are losing. With Otto not being involved.

Do not sell for some bs mid round talent, especially for standard 9cat leagues.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

If the Wizards were winning, it would be a terrible sign for Otto and his owners.

But they are losing. With Otto not being involved.

Do not sell for some bs mid round talent, especially for standard 9cat leagues.

This man speaks the truth!

Amem

• Like 1

Probably my favorite player. Been on my teams every year but this one.

He has always been too savvy for this team, especially as Beal has gotten "better". 

If Wall was less baller and more PG -- Porter would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Probably my favorite player. Been on my teams every year but this one.

He has always been too savvy for this team, especially as Beal has gotten "better". 

If Wall was less baller and more PG -- Porter would be amazing

I watched every second of that game last night. Porter is never going to have a super aggressive mentality. It isn't who he is as a player. He does so much that doesn't show up on a box score for that team. He has these peaks and valleys at times with fantasy production. I love Wall and Beal but they are both playing straight up 100% hero ball right now along with Rivers, Oubre and Morris. Porter belongs on not this team. He's even got Markieff Morris stepping up and calling him out for his 'agenda'. It's ridiculous. We know Porter wants to win games and Markieff Morris wants to shoot it every single time he touches the damn ball. If Porter wanted to take more shots he could have. He passed up shots in favor of making the correct basketball play time and time again. Wall and Beal are both valuing teammates who play iso ball and I can't think they'll make the playoffs if it continues. 

• Like 1

Have how Wall and Beal again are calling guys out with agendas 

Hypocrisy at its purest 

• Like 4

Just got Otto in two of my leagues. One for one Hield and one for one Saric :D there’s your value gauge fellas

btw otto will def boujcebback because the wizards lost like 4 outta 5 games. In the game that they won Otto had what 4 3’s and 16/10 with 1/1 stocks.

He in brooks dog house cus he a man n didn’t wanna suck brooks off like Morris and oubre :)

ferreal tho like the other posters said. Hold Otto if u got him too talented n gettin paid 26 mil just to rot on the bench, fo gonna doggie brooks real soon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, willkoo said:

Just got Otto in two of my leagues. One for one Hield and one for one Saric :D there’s your value gauge fellas

btw otto will def boujcebback because the wizards lost like 4 outta 5 games. In the game that they won Otto had what 4 3’s and 16/10 with 1/1 stocks.

He in brooks dog house cus he a man n didn’t wanna suck brooks off like Morris and oubre :)

ferreal tho like the other posters said. Hold Otto if u got him too talented n gettin paid 26 mil just to rot on the bench, fo gonna doggie brooks real soon

That was a rollercoaster to read, and in the game they won he didnt get a single 3, he has 5 threes in 5 games haha
However i do agree though, he is a competitor and when morris beal and wall get over their stats and focus on winning, otto is going to feast!

7 minutes ago, willkoo said:

yeah you guys should be making offers, there are plenty of first time otto owners that will sell for stuff like that

Quick message to everyone...please stop posting messages about your team specific trades in this thread. This is a player thread to discuss Otto Porter. If you are looking for advice on trade offers you need to post it in the AC Forum. I know Porter isn't living up to expectations to start the year and that means he is a trade target, but please focus the discussion on Otto. Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Quick message to everyone...please stop posting messages about your team specific trades in this thread. This is a player thread to discuss Otto Porter. If you are looking for advice on trade offers you need to post it in the AC Forum. I know Porter isn't living up to expectations to start the year and that means he is a trade target, but please focus the discussion on Otto. Thanks!

giphy.gif

Team is getting blow out by the Clippers.

Hopefully Scott Brooks gets fired so someone who will actually utilize Porter right can take over.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Like 2

i hope he just says f it and bombs 30 shots up this game. 

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 2

Lmfao John Wall is allergic to passing the ball to OPJ. Definition of an overrated "pure" point guard

Must be some bad blood between them?

I need another steal and 50% shooting to win the week...I am not banking on either happening after the half-time break.