Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

Washington's offense looking like straight up junk, no ball movement. Lots of hero ball. Their assists this year are way down so far. I echo everyone else's sentiments - Otto's not a shot-creator, how the hell is he supposed to thrive in this sort of offense?

1 minute ago, hoop said:

Washington's offense looking like straight up junk, no ball movement. Lots of hero ball. Their assists this year are way down so far. I echo everyone else's sentiments - Otto's not a shot-creator, how the hell is he supposed to thrive in this sort of offense?

Remember last year was not much different until Wall got injured, and they realized they couldn't win with Beal playing hero ball.

Only then did they start to share the ball, and that took months.

No Gortat this year either to send messages to Wall.

In my opinon everything points to Brooks being the problem, the inmates run the asylum.

He's totally getting ignored by both Wall and Beal on most possessions.

3 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Remember last year was not much different until Wall got injured, and they realized they couldn't win with Beal playing hero ball.

Only then did they start to share the ball, and that took months.

No Gortat this year either to send messages to Wall.

In my opinon everything points to Brooks being the problem, the inmates run the asylum.

THIS.

For foks sake. It's getting personal, high school style.

Something needs to happen like a good team bonding session at the ol' bar.

Scott Brooks is favoring Jeff Green and Kelly Oubre over this guy. Playing Jeff Green in rotation minutes should be grounds for termination. 

Misusing a jack-of-all-trades, team-first type guy like Porter to me just screams bad coaching and management. Wall and Beal aren't going out of their way to get him the ball either. 

Great write up about what has changed with the Wiz from last season: https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/washington-wizards-otto-porter-blame-john-wall-bradley-beal-markieff-morris-2018-19-season

He might be having an inefficient start to the season, but he's still capable of being the fantasy asset that we all signed up for. Unfortunately for us and him it will take more than just his shot falling again. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Buy low window is open....

It has been a friggin draft going through that window. And are we sure that's just a window or an exit door LOL

owned him last year and i loved him, regretting picking gordon hayward over him and now not so much. i want to buy low but i'm kind of worried. i think only way this turns around is if brooks gets fired. and them starting 1-6 or whatever it is, is a good start. 

I'm trying to fish him out with Hayward. I have no doubt of Otto's ability, but this Wizards team is making me nervous about my trade proposal.

Once his 3 starts falling he’ll be good again and the Wizards will be good again, I think its really that simple tbh. Wall and Beal really seem like petty, selfish players who think they know whats best for the team which is unfortunate for Otto but oh well. Considering buying low here but not sure what to offer

• Like 1

I traded for this guy with McGruder and it just got accepted. I'm holding my breath since they already vetoed my Kanter for Capela trade twice :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I traded for this guy with McGruder and it just got accepted. I'm holding my breath since they already vetoed my Kanter for Capela trade twice :ph34r:

sTEALLLLL

55 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Kanter for Capela is pretty lopsided but not veto worthy.. Would be annoying playing in a league like that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Kanter for Capela is pretty lopsided but not veto worthy.. Would be annoying playing in a league like that. 

Right? The selling point was how the players would benefit our teams as a whole. He was looking to lift his FT%, I was looking for blocks without losing a lot in FT% and rebounds. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kamura said:

sTEALLLLL

Yeah but it's one of the more competitive public leagues I've been in. I hope they are low on Otto to let this one through

23 hours ago, theantishere said:

Just bought low for him. Wait for his shot to start falling and it'll be back to top-30 value for Grand Theft Otto

for whom did you trade him? I just want to know his value so maybe I could buy low on him..

However, I do worry that all of these is happening w/o Dwight.. another toxic guy or so they say...

Edited by SolariNatividad

19 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

for whom did you trade him? I just want to know his value so maybe I could buy low on him..

However, I do worry that all of these is happening w/o Dwight.. another toxic guy or so they say...

Did this with McGruder, a WW pickup. I've seen guys get him for Hield and Kanter. That's 50-70 range.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellejamil said:

2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

This trade is why Fantasy Basketball is my favorite game. If this were football Capela vs Kanter would probably be 90& in favor of Capela, in baseball it would be the same thing unless one of the 2 was a big base stealer. However in (roto or h2h cats) it all depends on team fit/need. Player A could be a perfect fit for you but to another team might not move the needle either way.

One of my favorite seasons/trades happened in a roto cash league. I forget the exact trade but basically I studied the standings hard and noticed 2 or 3 cats I could climb hard while only dropping slightly in a few other. So I offered a 3 for 3 trade where to the untrained eye the other team pretty much won the trade at each spot but in terms of season long roto it helped me move up in many categories while based on the rest of the league the small drop was minimal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ellejamil said:

You need to find a new league, any league that veto's trades like that is garbage. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Yeah but it's one of the more competitive public leagues I've been in. I hope they are low on Otto to let this one through

-Competitive

-Public League

Pick one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

-Competitive

-Public League

Pick one

wasn't that bad. we were all Diamond ranked

10 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

You need to find a new league, any league that veto's trades like that is garbage. 

probably just looked at the ADP and current rankings and judged from there.

6 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Another trade from another league just went through for me, this time it's more expensive with Gordon Hayward