Jake the snake

Otto Porter 2018-2019 Season outlook

13 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Nets, Magic, Suns, Mavs, Grizz

Why those? They don't have any incentive to get a guy like Otto (that's why I never understood their pursuit of him last summer). Playoff contending teams like Houston (if they can't land Jimmy), Portland (upgrade over Moe Harkless/Evan Turner), Pistons (severe lack of 3pt shooting; legitimate 3&D), heck even the Spurs (veeery miniscule chance of happening, but would DEFINITELY help them) would be ideal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Jazz for Derrick favors if this is possible.  Salaries seem to match and Favors would give the Wizards a legit big man.  

6 hours ago, bsu27 said:

Wall and Beal are both selfish idiots they think they are a lot better than they are. 

HEAR HEARRRR! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Why those? They don't have any incentive to get a guy like Otto (that's why I never understood their pursuit of him last summer). Playoff contending teams like Houston (if they can't land Jimmy), Portland (upgrade over Moe Harkless/Evan Turner), Pistons (severe lack of 3pt shooting; legitimate 3&D), heck even the Spurs (veeery miniscule chance of happening, but would DEFINITELY help them) would be ideal.

Why not those? Nets are the reason why Otto got paid. A lot of teams are understanding that they need to have solid players to keep with their young core. The teams you have listed are laughable. Is your dad going to pay ottos salary? Do you think the wizards are stupid to take Moe harkless, Carmelo, Reggie Jackson? 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

The Jazz for Derrick favors if this is possible.  Salaries seem to match and Favors would give the Wizards a legit big man.  

As a Washington fan, I actually wouldn't mind watching Otto Porter go to UTAH.

That would be a great fit. 

• Thanks 1

Why would the Wizards want Favors? He's washed. 

Sadly their salaries do not match. Favors is at $18mil Otto is at $26mil, which is more frustrating about his usage :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamaal99 said:

Why not those? Nets are the reason why Otto got paid. A lot of teams are understanding that they need to have solid players to keep with their young core. The teams you have listed are laughable. Is your dad going to pay ottos salary? Do you think the wizards are stupid to take Moe harkless, Carmelo, Reggie Jackson? 

Yes they do, but are they willing to absorb Otto's payroll when their young cores are about to get off their rookie contracts and may demand more hefty ones? Magic, Mavs, and yes if you squint maybe the Grizz if they can shed Parsons' contract (him and Otto basically play the same positions plus a dearth of depth behind them). And I did not say that those are the guys they'll trade for; I said (and I only mentioned in this case, Harkless) those are their holes that would vault them to become contenders.

The Nets have expiring rookie contracts in Russell and RHJ. While RHJ's can remain relatively small, Russell's can explode, and if they see him, Levert, and Allen as franchise cornerstones, they'll want to offer him a big contract when he hits RFA next summer. Between him, Crabbe, and assuming Otto's $28m, that's $55mn (with just Russell's $9mn) out of the $110mn projected cap. Now the Nets' books are actually pretty wide open after that season, which makes sense because they were the ones who offered Otto the big contract in the first place. But they're trading him with what assets? They dont own any of their future picks. Not to mention the FA market next summer, you'd really want to keep your books clear.

Admittedly, the Pistons financials do not make sense. What does make sense is their dire need for shooting. Rockets are shopping for a wing and are willing to give up 4 picks for Butler; if MIN insists on including Gordon but HOU doesnt want to, Porter is a good and legitimate choice for a plug-and-play player. Magic doesn't need more wing players, they need a guard.

I concede that the Mavs actually makes sense for some combination of Wes and maybe Powell, but why would the Wizards want Wes?

My point is that for a player like Otto, a solid glue guy that's on the expensive side, the market is usually playoff contending teams wanting to take the next step to championship contenders. The most obvious of which is Houston after parting with Ariza and Luc.

Edited by ellejamil

19 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Sadly their salaries do not match. Favors is at $18mil Otto is at $26mil, which is more frustrating about his usage :(

Isnt he also redundant with Ingles around?

Just now, ellejamil said:

Isnt he also redundant with Ingles around?

Yeah I think so but I never said he'd be better for in Utah lol. I rather see him in Memphis, regulate KAnderson to the bench and facilitate 2nd unit, then again don't think they have the pieces for a trade.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah I think so but I never said he'd be better for in Utah lol. I rather see him in Memphis, regulate KAnderson to the bench and facilitate 2nd unit, then again don't think they have the pieces for a trade.

Memphis occurred to me too, especially with Gasol who seems to be on the brink of leaving, but that pain in the butt contract of Parsons is just...a pain LOL

Edited by ellejamil
  • Like 1

I was just trolling by saying he should go to Utah as a Jazz fan. Although Otto could play PF.  Anyway it won’t happen, the Jazz rarely make big trades.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Houston makes an effort to pry Porter from Washington.  He's exactly what they need to make up for their loss of Ariza, and he's the right size to match up against Lebron / Durant / Giannis.  I actually like the fit of Porter on the Wizards more than Butler.

• Like 2

As you can see, the only game Wizards wins was the clutch block by Otto Porter Jr. 

Bradley Beal continues to be ball hog. 

This game vs Memphis, it still came close bc Scott ****brooks is willing to give Otto playing times.... and 15-6-3-1 is what we expect to see from Otto.

If ****brooks continues to play Kelly, Jeff Green...it's all hero games and Wizards is only going to lose more. He should play Otto more and Otto got to make those shots....and that's how Wizards gets back on track. Not Bradley Beal playing like Kobe and bricking every single ******** shot.

22 minutes ago, JimboSlice said:

Any update?  Went to locker room during timeout 1st quarter, was walking slowly.

Otto Porter got traded

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

don't know what happened to him in Q1 but his buy-low window could be closing soon with D12 now playing.

3 minutes ago, JimboSlice said:

If only, and please be the Rockets.

I don't want Otto anywhere near the Rockets lol, look at how many shots PJ tucker gets, maybe if Melo isn't there.

Edited by DezedandConfused